Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2010, 21:16   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'd say that is a pretty good wrap up of the two cars, except it leaves out the quality of the after sales service, which is much better on the Hyundai. I'd say the Punto is an involving car to drive, but one pays for that by having to continue to remain involved in not so pleasing ways with niggles and service. The i 20 is fuss free, even boring, with slick economical service, but for many of us, that is what we need from our cars to allow other priorities to be managed better! And I suspect, lots more Puntos among the active forum members, while in the overall market the i 20 seems to be meeting the needs of the market a lot better, as evidenced by the much higher sales numbers.
Maybe the Polo will capture the best of both worlds spot, time will tell.
Agreed, no denying the fact that Fiat service is still some way behind Hyundai's. The i20 is indeed fuss free.

Interesting point about the Polo, for now, we have to keep an eye out and see how VW does in terms of service. The number of dealerships too is a matter of concern, however, cities where the Punto or the i20 sell in decent numbers are almost covered by VW (this is intuition based, simply trying to say that premium hatches sell in the larger cities).
Old 29th March 2010, 21:47   #152
Senior - BHPian

I would say go in for the i20.

Why?

Hyundai A.S.S is very good and the cars have great reliability
You may have to pay a premium, but it is literally loaded with features and creature comforts. If you go in for the diesel, even better and it is real powerful as well.

Punto definitely looks good,no doubt, but until Fiat sets up a wide service network, you will always have to rely on Tata

There are tons of reviews, if you have the time go through all of them and take the choice your heart lets you to.

By the way, the i20 is unmatchable on the safety front as well
Old 30th March 2010, 14:37   #153
BHPian

No comments on which car you should go for, coz that is something you should evaluate keeping in mind your priorities and needs. Enough has been said about the strengths and weaknesses of each car, rest you should be able to fit in with your priorities plus hands-on test drive with each.

Just wanted to share a recent experience - my i20 Asta is now a year old, fits in with my needs very well, loaded, mainly city driving etc. Had a client from Hong Kong last week, and he happened to sit in my car, and his spontaneous reaction was, hey this is a real nice car, which one is this?

Don't think i20 is launched in HK, so he probably wouldn't know, but what he also didn't know is he sure made the owner's day
Old 30th March 2010, 20:56   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Your opinion does not equal fact.

Best Steering this side of 20 lacs: Cannot be quantified in figures
Best Handler: Cannot be quantified in figures

These are your opinions. Not Facts. And I will respectfully disagree

Please go through this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...est-worst.html , most BHPians here agree that Punto has one of the best steering and i20 the worst. Need i say more.

Tell me a car this side of 20 lakhs that has better Steering than Punto/Linea. Lets continue the discussion in the Steering thread.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:58   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Please go through this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...est-worst.html , most BHPians here agree that Punto has one of the best steering and i20 the worst. Need i say more.
You said right.. I was shocked to see i20 in the "worst" list.

No surprises to see Punto in "best" list.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:09   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
You said right.. I was shocked to see i20 in the "worst" list.

No surprises to see Punto in "best" list.
How does it matter in the market? The "worst steering" car sells 10 times more than the "best steering" one even when it is significantly more expensive.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:18   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
How does it matter in the market? The "worst steering" car sells 10 times more than the "best steering" one even when it is significantly more expensive.
We are not doing a market study here.

We are just comparing cars. People are not BOLD to buy the BOLD car. Its their loss.

Sad that Fiat cars in India are having some niggling issues because of which people are preferring the H cars.

Soon, I will be buying a Punto even though it has those small issues because the drive and the Character is more important to me than the plastics falling off. May be I will enjoy the numerous drives to TASS too!! And me being the Founder of Fiat 1100 Club in Bangalore I know how to get the work done from TASS if they start showing off!

Last edited by arun1100 : 30th March 2010 at 21:19.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:27   #158
BANNED

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT make any unnecessarily biased posts on the forum. We do NOT appreciate blind brand following that results in useless posts.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2010 at 20:10.
jacksons is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2010, 23:08   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me a car this side of 20 lakhs that has better Steering than Punto/Linea. Lets continue the discussion in the Steering thread.
For me... Ford Fiesta ...
Old 30th March 2010, 23:12   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
For me... Ford Fiesta ...
What do you like in Fiesta's steering more than Linea/Punto? And please lets discuss this in the appropriate thread and lets not take kroniq's thread offtopic.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:18   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Cheap arguments make for little value addition.
I made no cheap arguments ..

Quote:
I have extensively driven both cars and can confidently opine that the Punto absolutely trumps i20 as far as handling and steering is concerned.

100% Agreed.
Thats not even a debate. I have stated the same on multiple threads myself.

My only disagreement with anshuman were regarding his statements that the Punto has the best steering this side of 20 lacs etc.

Quote:
Where's the OP by the way?
Good Question ..
Old 31st March 2010, 04:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
And me being the Founder of Fiat 1100 Club in Bangalore I know how to get the work done from TASS if they start showing off!
So you are the guy the punto owners should be looking at to get there A.S.S issues resolved
Old 31st March 2010, 09:33   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
Just wanted to share a recent experience - my i20 Asta is now a year old, fits in with my needs very well, loaded, mainly city driving etc. Had a client from Hong Kong last week, and he happened to sit in my car, and his spontaneous reaction was, hey this is a real nice car, which one is this?

Don't think i20 is launched in HK, so he probably wouldn't know, but what he also didn't know is he sure made the owner's day
Hey thats but obvious. Have you come across anyone who sits in your and then starts criticizing it (not overseas clients atleast.) I have a Grande Punto and have received such feedback on more than one occasion and that too from people who own a merc/accord. I don't think it really counts.

TD is the best way of making a buying decision.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 31st March 2010 at 09:35.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:04   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti 800. (this side of 2 lacs only).
Old 31st March 2010, 14:50   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Maruti 800. (this side of 2 lacs only).
Never knew this advantage in my M800; in fact at times when you have do quick left and then right and so forth turns, I feel as if I am turning a typical TATA truck.

Note from Mod : Thread has amply discussed the pros & cons of all three cars. This discussion is now closed.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2010 at 20:12. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread