Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 16th March 2010, 17:59   #1
BHPian

Default Buy Now or wait...

Hi Bhpians,

My Dad wants to buy a Wagon R for himself,Well we chose this car cause 1)We require a hatchback 2)Mine and my dads height is approx 6.1 and so we found the front seats spacing of the Wagon R best to our liking. 3)Searching for parking in the city is a nightmare for our SUV's.

So I have two questions to ask you guys
1) Is there any other car in that segment which would be appropriate for that legroom

2)Also I have heard that a new face lifted Wagon R is going to be released so approximately when is it going to come and what will be the price for it?
richie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 18:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi Bhpians,

My Dad wants to buy a Wagon R for himself,Well we chose this car cause 1)We require a hatchback 2)Mine and my dads height is approx 6.1 and so we found the front seats spacing of the Wagon R best to our liking. 3)Searching for parking in the city is a nightmare for our SUV's.

So I have two questions to ask you guys
1) Is there any other car in that segment which would be appropriate for that legroom

2)Also I have heard that a new face lifted Wagon R is going to be released so approximately when is it going to come and what will be the price for it?
If you require it immediately you can go for the Estilo. The new WR and present Estilo will have a lot in common. Personally i like the shape of WR better than the Estilo though. Otherwise new WR is expected mid-April. For front legroom you may also check out Hyundai i10 Kappa although it will cost you much more than WR/Estilo. Will not recommend i10 1.1 as the engine is quite old when compared with in segment cars.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 18:50   #3
BHPian

How about the new Figo Petrol? Going with the reviews, it's spacious, got refreshing looks and quite good ride and handling. I'd suggest you to check it out before zeroing in on a choice.
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 18:56   #4
BHPian

Face lifted Wagon R (with K-Series engine!) would most probably be released in April 2010. Earlier I read somewhere that it was supposed to be released in March, but it didn't happen. If it's urgent then you can go for Estilo LXI; or you can wait for few months for Wagon R.

By the way, if you are considering Chevy Beat as well, then I would suggest you to take a test drive. Because, the swooping dashboard might foul with the knee for taller drivers (it did for me!).

If you can push your budget to 4, then you can go for i10 Magna (Kappa) or Estilo VXI.
370Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:25   #5
BHPian

santro!
dual coloured dashboard is great. also the rear seats are spacious than waggy.
subscrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

You can also test-drive the Ritz, i feel it has also got a good amount of leg space both in the front and back.
Im 6'2 tall and was looking for a hatch and got myself a Ritz purely because of the space and sitting comfort.

Check it out you might like it .
Hope it helps you to decide instead of getting you confused.
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 22:02   #7
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest a Ritz. Its got the best engine PLUS a tall boy design. Although you will pay a bit more than Wagon R, buts its worth it.

Only thing is that you should get used to the looks. Trust me: the looks grow upon you. Once you start driving it does not matter.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 10:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

The ride is really good & makes you don't feel sitting in a small car when you're next to Innovas & Scorps at signals; I once did 750 Kms with 45 & 30 minutes break in 13 hours of drive with no pain or anything, that's the comfort you get.

Somehow Santro for me is a simple looking family car & WagonR has more muscular looks. Go for WagonR, you'll simply love it
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 10:13   #9
BHPian

Wagon R is good. Consider Ritz, Figo and Indica Vista as well since they are fresh designs.
Delta Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 23:03   #10
BHPian

You should certainly TD vista

Nothing beats it in sheer legspace. Also has a good engine, courtesy Fiat and gives decent mileage. Its a great VFM car and the top model is still cheaper compared to Swift base model (at least in Mumbai)

Give it a thought

-KS
keyurshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 17:49   #11
BHPian

Do NOT go in for the present WagonR when the newer version is just around the corner.
I don't expect more than a 5-10% price premium in the newer car than the current cost, unless MSIL decides to pack some serious tech in it.
Wait a while or go in for the Figo
Musicmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 20:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Dont go for the wagon R ,a new one is awaited.

You can look at Figo P/D and Indica Vista Quadrajet.

But if you are particular on petrol look at figo,i10,chevvy beat/uva ,punto,indica
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:29   #13
BHPian

Today there is an article in "The Businessline " where maruti has confirmed that the new face lifted WagonR will be on roads by end April. Curiously they have not told anything about ALTO!
srikanthns is offline   Reply With Quote