Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 13th April 2010, 11:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Will I be booted out if I suggest the Nano? It fits all requirements and with the money saved get the following things done:

a. Leather upholstry, a-la the Nano Europa.
b. Alloys (less than 10K INR).

It has the least carbon footprint, is easy to drive in the city, can be taken on an occasional highway ride. Perhaps even a CNG conversion is possible?

EDIT: Is the Nano a hatchback, without a working hatch?

Last edited by Amartya : 13th April 2010 at 11:48.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 13:09   #17

I believe I read somewhere that your diesel SUV has lesser carbon footprints than that of a dog.

You should look at the Spark Electric. Or cars with factory fitted lpg/cng kits.

I was wondering, why isn't the WagonR Duo listed?

Happy choosing!
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 12:16   #18

Gah...after a month of test drives and excelling in excel, I am as confused as ever!

I have to decide from following list:
Spark LPG: Great car, OK to drive, good discounts, 3 years free maintenance but as pointed out earlier it is a dated model. Barely meets Euro 4 standards.
A-Star: The test drive wasn't too bad. It is quite clearly the most environmentally friendly car in India today considering Euro 5 compliance and tail pipe emissions. But the lack of rear space spoils the party.
Second hand Esteem: The Enthusiast in me was considering second hand options as well. Going by GTO's lateral upgrade theory a used Esteem with LPG kit can be added into the mix as well.

Which one would you pick and why? & in case you are wondering, I have already thought about and ruled out the i 10, Beat lot. The VW Polo got me drooling on the test drive. If not for the long waiting period, I might have signed on the dotted line.
u_chill is offline   Reply With Quote