Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


View Poll Results: Mind or Heart
Heart: i20 ASTA 63 79.75%
Mind: i10 Sportz 16 20.25%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:14   #16
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Well, It depends upon... One a hand you are accepting that it won't be used much. On other hand you'll be spoiling money in garage only..

However, if you do not mind spending a bit I would suggest to listen to your heart and go for i20
Thanks buddy for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Go for i20. Unless you are certain that if you go fo i10, you won't regret not going for i20. Buying a car is a rare occasion. Dont make any compromises.
i agree there should not be any compromises. And I am certain that i want to go for i20 but its the mind playing games..you see
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
i20.


No point buying the i10 and sighing every time you see a i20 on the road!
Besides, it's not like we buy a car everyday... enjoy what you buy.
Perfect dude. You said it. I would have definitely sighed seeing an i20 zooming past me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
When there's a conflict between the heart & the brain, let the heart be followed - Swami Vivekananda.

So now you know what I've voted & what you should be doing.
Thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
i10 Sportz would cost about 5L on road.
The Asta i20 would cost you about 6.5-&L.

Question for your Mind: I wont ask, are you OK to pay the difference.
But would rather ask, how you plan to pay the difference.

It would good to go for the Asta i20. There is only one reason. Once in a while when you go for a long drive, you will never repent the choice you made. Thats because, during the long drive, you always feel comfortable with more space.

Though you go out rarely for a long drive and its only for these times, you feel the need for a good car is'nt it ?

Go for the heart and plan you finance with your mind .
Great advice man. I plan to go for a loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I was bowled over by the i20. Have money, then please go what your heart says. No regrets whatsoever.
You were bowled. I suffered a HIT WICKET. I just love the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I'd say if your pocket is friendly enough just go with your heart, the mind will surely understand. It might not be the same the other way round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
+1

Else, i10 Asta.
Thanks man. Its about going sensibly. Which is the sensible option out of the two do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
would you regret if you did not buy an I20? if so buy it,After all how much more need you shell out? it is small price to pay for happiness
Yes I will definitely be sighing (as anekho said) everytime I see a i20 on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I can tell you one thing, we were in a hunt for a smaller car then we first saw the i20 everyone looked at each other.i20 is in a different class altogether. I had a stretched budget for Magna version but later over stretched that to Asta.

My wife said, its our first car, book the Asta and i'll contribute the difference amount through installments . Its truly a Luxurious car in its segment or a step above.
Wildon I tell you, your thread had already been of great help. It has pushed me further to go with the heart. Thanks man.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:45   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 633
Thanked: 624 Times
Default

In my friends circle , any discussion will eventually end with a dialog, "Piduchathaye pana mudiyalana aparam enna da vaalka".

Which loosely tanslates to, "what's the purpose of life and existence if we cannot even do what we love to"

So the same goes to you, go for i20 Asta. Live your life doing what you love to. After all it's just one life!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 3rd April 2010 at 18:46.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,671
Thanked: 1,019 Times
Default

If the i20 is your dream car ,if you have the money and you know the car will be used daily and not driven just a day or two of the week ( in other words your 6+ lacs wont be just parked for most of the time)go ahead and live your dream.Good luck.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 08:23   #19
Newbie
 
satan_on_earth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I sincerely hope you're following this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-details.html (New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details).
It will definitely help reduce your confusion!
satan_on_earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:29   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Gte an i10 as the resale value of an i10 is far more than that of an i20.

Just my 2 cents and in any case the i10 & i20 both share the same engine. i20 is underpowered in my opinion for a large hatch. Looks wise it is a drop dead gorgeous car.

Also heard the i20 is rumoured to have 1.4 petrol engines as standard and not only for the AT version. So wait and see.

PS - Why do you not consider the Polo ? You can get a decently loaded variant at less than 6 lacs OTR Petrol ? And I feel it gives tough competition to the i20 in the looks department.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:55   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Boss my dilemma is even difficult to handle. Heart says soft top gypsy and head says figo diesel. Between i20 or i10 it has to be i20
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:57   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,335
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

If the stretch between the two is not financially too stiff a hit I'd say go for the i20. Buying a better car now may also mean you'll not be itching to upgrade as soon as you might if you go in for an i10 today.
Axe77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 20:05   #23
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I also have the same Heart vs Mind problem. But with different models.

Was looking at a Hatchback in 4 Lakh to 5 Lakh category.

Currently my Mind which is practical is saying: Ford Figo or Chevrolet Beat

But my Heart which is emotional is saying: VW Polo or Skoda Fabia.

My journey of car hunting started with Hyundai i10, Maruto A-Star, Maruti Zen Estilo, Hyundai i10, Maruti Swift. But somehow my mind and heart diidnt beat to these models. But at last my Mind and Heart stopped at Ford, Chervolet, VW and Skoda. Tata and Fiat will need to check out this week.

So here's my confusion of Mind vs Heart.

Ford Figo: Mind says its Fully loaded with all features and ideal for a Indian Family, Currently no other models are offering so much features for its priice. But my heart says, its a Ford and after service may not be good. Also worries on the resale reputation of Ford vehicles.

Chervolet Beat:
My Mind says its again a fully loaded car, easy to drive in city. But my heart says its too small, the rear can accomodate only 2 and GM's cost of maintainance may burn my pocket.

VW Polo: I can say its my first love. Seeing the car, the quality and perfection my heart couldnot resist it. Also the on road price is coming a bit more, 5.22L for base model on road. But my mind says its not fully loaded and I can get a Figo Titanium at the same price.

Skoda Fabia:
My heart got impressed seeing the saftey features and the base model comes with the Air Bags. The current 50-60K discount offer has also made this model to consider. But my mind says its too costly and the Petrol engine is not Euro 4. Though the dealer told there is no problem, still my mind seem to have not taken it.

So can anyone help me to solve this confusion.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 22:54   #24
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
In my friends circle , any discussion will eventually end with a dialog, "Piduchathaye pana mudiyalana aparam enna da vaalka".

Which loosely tanslates to, "what's the purpose of life and existence if we cannot even do what we love to"

So the same goes to you, go for i20 Asta. Live your life doing what you love to. After all it's just one life!
Well said bro. Thanks for your contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_on_earth View Post
I sincerely hope you're following this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-details.html (New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details).
It will definitely help reduce your confusion!
Yes i have gone through this thread. But I am confused. Do I get the same ASTA and have they changed changed the name to Sportz+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Gte an i10 as the resale value of an i10 is far more than that of an i20.

Just my 2 cents and in any case the i10 & i20 both share the same engine. i20 is underpowered in my opinion for a large hatch. Looks wise it is a drop dead gorgeous car.

Also heard the i20 is rumoured to have 1.4 petrol engines as standard and not only for the AT version. So wait and see.

PS - Why do you not consider the Polo ? You can get a decently loaded variant at less than 6 lacs OTR Petrol ? And I feel it gives tough competition to the i20 in the looks department.
Dude somehow i do not want to go for Polo/ it is a lovely car. I did wait for its launch but somehow the car did not click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Boss my dilemma is even difficult to handle. Heart says soft top gypsy and head says figo diesel. Between i20 or i10 it has to be i20
Hehe. Go for gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I also have the same Heart vs Mind problem. But with different models.

Was looking at a Hatchback in 4 Lakh to 5 Lakh category.

Currently my Mind which is practical is saying: Ford Figo or Chevrolet Beat

But my Heart which is emotional is saying: VW Polo or Skoda Fabia.

My journey of car hunting started with Hyundai i10, Maruto A-Star, Maruti Zen Estilo, Hyundai i10, Maruti Swift. But somehow my mind and heart diidnt beat to these models. But at last my Mind and Heart stopped at Ford, Chervolet, VW and Skoda. Tata and Fiat will need to check out this week.

So here's my confusion of Mind vs Heart.

Ford Figo: Mind says its Fully loaded with all features and ideal for a Indian Family, Currently no other models are offering so much features for its priice. But my heart says, its a Ford and after service may not be good. Also worries on the resale reputation of Ford vehicles.

Chervolet Beat:
My Mind says its again a fully loaded car, easy to drive in city. But my heart says its too small, the rear can accomodate only 2 and GM's cost of maintainance may burn my pocket.

VW Polo: I can say its my first love. Seeing the car, the quality and perfection my heart couldnot resist it. Also the on road price is coming a bit more, 5.22L for base model on road. But my mind says its not fully loaded and I can get a Figo Titanium at the same price.

Skoda Fabia:
My heart got impressed seeing the saftey features and the base model comes with the Air Bags. The current 50-60K discount offer has also made this model to consider. But my mind says its too costly and the Petrol engine is not Euro 4. Though the dealer told there is no problem, still my mind seem to have not taken it.

So can anyone help me to solve this confusion.
After reading your points I would advice you to go for Polo(provided you wont get a SERIOUS pocket pinch). After all as everyone said you dont buy a car everyday.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:11   #25
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
After reading your points I would advice you to go for Polo(provided you wont get a SERIOUS pocket pinch). After all as everyone said you dont buy a car everyday.
Thanks Pancham, Currently waiting for the new Bank Interest rates and also the new On road prices which are going to be announced this week.

Saturday had been to few banks, they said they will get the new interest rates in a day or two.

With my current budget I can go in for the Polo trendline, but it doesnt has any goodies or additional features. So is it worth going for a 3 cylinder engine when competitors are offering the new series engines. I was planning to take a car in the first week of May. But should I wait for some more time like June, July for any new changes or price offers. Currently VW is not offering any price discounts or goodies.

When compared to Figo's fully loaded features VW Polo is far below in the offering. So many of my friends are telling to consider Figo Titanium.

So what will be the positive side on taking the Polo Trendline or a Figo Titanium and what are the negative side on both of these. Can anyone help me out on this?
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:17   #26
MCR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 727
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

@Pancham, Just go for i20. You will defenitely love the interior space and better ride quality.

@Kadri, I would suggest the Beat. GM's service and part costs have drastically reduced.
Else you can look for Punto 1.2 Dynamic. No other car can "Beat" the equiment list of Punto.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:43   #27
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
@Kadri, I would suggest the Beat. GM's service and part costs have drastically reduced.
Else you can look for Punto 1.2 Dynamic. No other car can "Beat" the equiment list of Punto.
Thanks MCR, Yesterday had been to a Tata showroom it was closed. Punto is also an option will be checking it this week.

Beat overall I liked but it the seating at rear has not pleased.

By the looks I have loved the Punto, need to check out it this week.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 12:11   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Thanks MCR, Yesterday had been to a Tata showroom it was closed. Punto is also an option will be checking it this week.
Beat overall I liked but it the seating at rear has not pleased.
By the looks I have loved the Punto, need to check out it this week.
I test drove the 1.2 version of the Punto and found it to be surprisingly good for city conditions (didn't feel underpowered at all) and it was more refined than the Polo (so is the i20). Check out the in-gear acceleration of the same; now with the 1.2 available in the Emotion variant, it is a great VFM option (better than the i20 in my opinion).
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 12:43   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Although people talk about the i20 as a underpowered car, i makes better use of its power than the i10.

i10 is quick with that 1.2 but its 'Santro' like tall design makes it a aweful handler. Its bumpier at higher speed, has good amout of body roll, very weak brakes and skinny tires. This makes the i10 a bit shoddy, in real time performance.

Well, the i20 is not a scorcher, but surely better in dynamics than the i10. Its low slung design ensure realtively lesser bumpier travel than the i10. Body roll seems to be almost the same as i10. But what it really scores over is in terms of Braking, Tyres, Features and Saftey.

Heck, get the i20, if you love it so much. Else, you ll end up hating the i10 !!

Last edited by Mi10 : 5th April 2010 at 12:44.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 22:20   #30
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I test drove the 1.2 version of the Punto and found it to be surprisingly good for city conditions (didn't feel underpowered at all) and it was more refined than the Polo (so is the i20). Check out the in-gear acceleration of the same; now with the 1.2 available in the Emotion variant, it is a great VFM option (better than the i20 in my opinion).
Today evening had been to the Tata showroom, but was unable to check out the Punto since the sales guys had already left. So checked out the Tata Indica Saffire with ABS & Airbags. The car looked spacious and it comes on road at around 5.3 Lakhs after discount.

The Tata guys at first were trying to avoid telling about the Punto and told its 6 Plus. Only after insisting they gave me the price, and was surprised to see the cost almost comes the same. Punto 1.2 Dynamic also comes around 5.3 on road.

So now I understood why the Tata guy was Insisting on Indica vista than Punto.

But anyway checked the Vista and it looks like a very decent car. The cost of ownership will be much lower.

So now my mind is saying whether to go for Vista and heart saying Punto. Both have the same engine is what the Tata guy told me.

So is it worth going for a Tata vehicle at 5 L+ .

Punto will check out this weekend.

Ford is slowly going out of mind since after sales feedback's are popping out from many people whom I checked.

Last edited by kadri007 : 5th April 2010 at 22:22.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart... raghu230506 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 213 13th December 2016 11:43
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks