Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 14:14   #31
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 652
Thanked: 378 Times
Default

The Figo petrol is slow. If your dad was okay with the performance of the Indica, then he'll be fine though. The Estilo is good value, but the car feels flimsy at speed. I'd suggest the new Chevy Beat. Great engine, good efficiency, and looks refreshingly new. There's also the new Vista Drivetech4, heard it's much improved. The Indigo CS petrol will also be close to your budget.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 21:02   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Hi all, I will repeat the earlier question : How easy it is to get in and out of FIGO for slightly older persons since the height is only 1427 mm as per Carwale.com? I compared it to my ZEN which is 1405 mm in which I find it slightly cumbersome.
srikanthns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 09:56   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 237
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Hi all, I will repeat the earlier question : How easy it is to get in and out of FIGO for slightly older persons since the height is only 1427 mm as per Carwale.com? I compared it to my ZEN which is 1405 mm in which I find it slightly cumbersome.
After having checked the Figo, I feel the low height may be not be quite liked by the elderly, due to the inconvenience with ingress and egress.
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 10:23   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.syedfarhan View Post
I was almost in the same situation as you are, with similar priorities. And after lots of research and suggestions went for chevy spark LS variant. It has an AC and PS, visibility is good, good mileage and with 3 yr warranty you are assured a low maintenance or rather no maintenance.
Thanks !

We zeroed down to Spark LS and Estilo LXi. We have almost decide to go for Spark LS for the following reasons:

Spark LS:

1. Looks: Cute, Compact and easy to drive.
2. Better mileage.
3. Getting for 3.75L on road + free Autocop + Gold coin(or cash 2.5K)
4. 3 years free maintenance plan.
5. 4 cylinder 8V SOHC engine, not sure but I think it is better than Estilo's 3 cylinder engine.

At the same time Estilo's sales guy is ready to give some free accessories(Teflon + SunFilm + Mats & Mud flaps etc) when we told him that we are going for the Spark. Estilo LXi's on road price is 3.80 L.

I also wants to know about the gold coin offered by GM for the Spark, sales guy told me that they are out of coins and they can give cash 2.5k for 1.5 gm of gold coin. Can someone conform if the gold coin offered with the Spark is 3gm or 1.5gm.

Thanks

Last edited by SX4_2007 : 30th May 2010 at 10:24.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 11:09   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

How about the VW Polo Petrol? Around 4.5 I'm told.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

why dont you wait for the nissan micar? guess it will be priced around 4.2. to4.5

And base variant is gonna come with airbag.
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 11:48   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,047
Thanked: 478 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
Thanks !

We zeroed down to Spark LS and Estilo LXi. We have almost decide to go for Spark LS for the following reasons:

Spark LS:

1. Looks: Cute, Compact and easy to drive.
2. Better mileage.
3. Getting for 3.75L on road + free Autocop + Gold coin(or cash 2.5K)
4. 3 years free maintenance plan.
5. 4 cylinder 8V SOHC engine, not sure but I think it is better than Estilo's 3 cylinder engine.

At the same time Estilo's sales guy is ready to give some free accessories(Teflon + SunFilm + Mats & Mud flaps etc) when we told him that we are going for the Spark. Estilo LXi's on road price is 3.80 L.

I also wants to know about the gold coin offered by GM for the Spark, sales guy told me that they are out of coins and they can give cash 2.5k for 1.5 gm of gold coin. Can someone conform if the gold coin offered with the Spark is 3gm or 1.5gm.

Thanks
To be honest, Estilo with that revolutionary K-series engine does give a better mileage than the Spark. Though Spark is better built and is more stable on the highways than the Estilo.

Engine performance wise, well both are nearly equally good to drive, me having driven both extensively on both city and highway. Though you would surely feel some vibrations on the Estilo due to 3 cylinder Engine.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 13:18   #38
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
To be honest, Estilo with that revolutionary K-series engine does give a better mileage than the Spark. Though Spark is better built and is more stable on the highways than the Estilo.

Engine performance wise, well both are nearly equally good to drive, me having driven both extensively on both city and highway. Though you would surely feel some vibrations on the Estilo due to 3 cylinder Engine.
All these 3 cylinder maruti engines in the newer generations are creating a high NVH due to the 3 cylinder mode. And all the new versions of A-Star, Estilo and Wagon R shares this engine. Vibrations are also a problem. I think you can wait for the launch of Mycra in your city. The specifications looks quiet impressive. Chevy Beat can also be an option.
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:25   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
To be honest, Estilo with that revolutionary K-series engine does give a better mileage than the Spark. Though Spark is better built and is more stable on the highways than the Estilo.

Engine performance wise, well both are nearly equally good to drive, me having driven both extensively on both city and highway. Though you would surely feel some vibrations on the Estilo due to 3 cylinder Engine.
I stretched my budget and booked i10 Era(Blushing Red) last week.
I got it for 4.13 Lakhs on road after free insurance + Corp. discount of 6k (last month it was 3k).
Also getting the free accessories: Mats, Mud flaps, Teflon Coating, Seat covers + Sun Film.
I hope this is a decent deal.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confused as which car to buy. Budget 10 Lakhs anuprav What Car? 67 26th November 2009 10:09
Need a car for my dad. Budget 4.5 jango What Car? 6 27th August 2008 10:22
Car for my Dad! Budget 2-2.5 lac wanderlustindia Hatchbacks 19 11th March 2008 13:26
7L budget car for my dad amitoj Sedans 48 24th November 2005 21:46
Need car for city use - Budget 6.5 lakhs Neo. Sedans 25 17th February 2005 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks