Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 13:22   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
If five persons have to be accommodated in a petrol hatch, I would strongly recommend the Ritz petrol (LXI/VXI/ZXI, depending on your budget).

The Ritz is Energetic (engine), Efficient (after sales service) and Economical (mileage).
Thanks to Ritz's rear design, the ladies in my family have formed an united front against it. Unfortunately its going to be difficult to make them favor the car :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Agreeing with misquitas, I would ask you to try out the Ritz VXi as well. In case you have something against it's looks and not in a hurry, do wait for the Toyota Etios Liva which will hit the roads this month end. It should be a good option to consider. Going by the sedan, it should be really spacious and also efficient plus you have an added reliability factor that comes along with the T badge. 4.8-5 is a good budget to get a good petrol hatchback
I am in no hurry and can wait till the month end. I tried searching for Etios hatchback's review but could not locate anything on the net. Could you please share a link if you are aware of any review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Been using this beauty (Vista SaFIRE 65) for 18 months now, 20K kms done. One word - does what it promises. No nonsense hatch, have done numerous long runs, use it daily for my 50 km commute (25+25).

No repeat NO rattles. Decent ICE, adjustable steering the works. Also it is very comfortable on most roads. My maintenance cost till date is 0 (you read it right zero). Nothing for oil, replacements nothing.

Excellent VFM. I get 14 kmpl (with 50% AC) and traffic. Did a Pune Mumbai drive to drop a friend to the airport the other day and got 17 with 100% AC.

Yes, it is a bit underpowered but if you keep the engine on the boil, it is a spirited performer. 145 (done) top speed. I enjoy this car a lot.

Incidentally a friend has bought a Figo P, 8 months ago. FE is 10-13. Good handling (compared to Vista) but rear seat is bad. Also almost all shocks are transferred to the back seat passengers.

About boot space, well, I have done a couple of airport drives for friends. Also our monthly groceries etc easily fit into the boot. Heck, even brought a cooler loaded in the car!

I suggest you buy the Vista. Let me know if you have any specific questions.


Brigadier - if you are in Pune, drop me a line. You could even see my car.
Your relationship with SaFIRE seems to be a very happy one! Nice to know your feedback. I have read about the following two issues with Vista.
1. Poor A/C performance.
2. Extremely poor braking when on 2nd gear+crawling low speed+A/C on+low RPM

Would love to know whether you faced those issues or not. If yes, is there any tactical fix that you have got for those or have you decided to live with the issues?
Brigadier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:56   #77
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post

Your relationship with SaFIRE seems to be a very happy one! Nice to know your feedback. I have read about the following two issues with Vista.
1. Poor A/C performance.
2. Extremely poor braking when on 2nd gear+crawling low speed+A/C on+low RPM

Would love to know whether you faced those issues or not. If yes, is there any tactical fix that you have got for those or have you decided to live with the issues?
Poor A/C performance - Well this is relative so to speak. I just keep the blower on full speed without recirculation for 2 mins with the windows half open. Then shift to recirculate with blower speed 1 or 2. It works well for me. It cools pretty efficiently, however with the larger glass area and space it takes a little bit longer than say the swift. Nothing to worry about though. In the hottest summer heat of Solapur also I was not sweating. If you are talking about freezing your drink in the car, then yes it is not that good, but if you are talking about having a comfortable temperature inside, then it is good.

On your second point, yes this can be an issue but only when you are crawling in 2nd. I typically use the clutch in case I feel that I have to really stop the car. What actually happens is that you dont lose the braking but it just becomes a little hard. So you have to use more force on the pedal. But just use the clutch and it should be fine.

Frankly, it really does not make much of a difference. I have climbed the ghat on the Mum Pune expressway on a full load (5 men, including me, all above 70 kg, with me at 95 and another guy at 90) with a 30 kg bag in the boot in crawling traffic and it still lugged this easily without breaking into a sweat.

To quote an example of the 'issues', My sisters father in law had come from delhi. He is used to driving an old gen 800 and Ikon. He was like the clutch in this car seems to be faulty when he drove one day. It needs to be pushed in completely for you to shift, whereas in his car he can shift at half clutch. If you asked me his car is faulty then (if it is shifting at half clutch he probably has worn out clutch plates and injured gearbox). The 'issues' are actually perception.

Last edited by torquecurve : 12th June 2011 at 16:00.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 23:38   #78
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

@Brigadier- If space & comfort is of importance to you then simply shut your eyes and buy the Vista! I used to drive the old Indica diesel for many years, i've started missing it ever since my family sold it earlier this year. I used to love the space it provided & i'm hoping my family considers buying the Vista later this year. This Vista has more space than my Skoda Octavia!
Btw any idea if body coloured door handles & mirrors are given on the Terra & Aqua trims??
I simply loved the Limited Edition Vista which came out earlier this year. The White with black roof,dark tints & nice looking alloys.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 23:52   #79
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
@Brigadier- If space & comfort is of importance to you then simply shut your eyes and buy the Vista! I used to drive the old Indica diesel for many years, i've started missing it ever since my family sold it earlier this year. I used to love the space it provided & i'm hoping my family considers buying the Vista later this year. This Vista has more space than my Skoda Octavia!
Btw any idea if body coloured door handles & mirrors are given on the Terra & Aqua trims??
I simply loved the Limited Edition Vista which came out earlier this year. The White with black roof,dark tints & nice looking alloys.
IIRC The terra has Black door handles, the Aqua and above have body coloured door handles, rub strips, and ORVM's. The LE Vista was a beauty which could make anyone drool!
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 06:29   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

hi all,

I am on the lookout of a diesel hatchbook, the details are as follows,

1. diesel engine
2. comfort
3. reliable
4. cheap to maintain & run

I don't need anything fancy, not even power windows. All I am looking for is a basic car with air conditioning & power steering that is cheap to run & maintain. Also, I would be using this car extensively, want an engine that can run strong for at least 1.5 lac kms.

I was really inclined on the Micra but only because of that Logan engine. I have heard too many positives for that engine from taxi drivers (local as well as meru). But then the Nissan service network bothers me.

I was also considering Indica Vista Quadrajet or the eV2, but I am not sure what to think of Indicas any more. eV2 is out now as I didn't like it during the test drive today.

I am not considering Maruti, have had enough of them & their arrogance (MASS). The only other option it seems is Figo. However, I am not sure if there are any discounts being offered on Ritz Ldi & what it costs OTR?

Any suggestions, in case you have test-driven the Figo? Also, are you aware of any Fiestas that are running strong even after about 1.5 lac kms with this 1.4 diesel mill (since Figo also has the same engine)?

Lastly, both the Terra QJD & Fido TDCi LXI are available on road for about 5 lacs. Please suggest which one is better & in case Ritz also turns out to be costing something similar, then we can include it also in this list.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 08:16   #81
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Lastly, both the Terra QJD & Fido TDCi LXI are available on road for about 5 lacs. Please suggest which one is better & in case Ritz also turns out to be costing something similar, then we can include it also in this list.
If comfort & VFM is your pick just go for the vista. Being driving her for 4k+ kms I strongly feel no car can match the comfort offered by a Vista. Your family will love the space it offers. As for the engine it's the proven 1.3 MJD so there is no harm in putting your money on her. My service visit & warranty visit costed me Rs.0.00 and a mileage of 15 / 17 (city / highway) with AC on always is appreciated too.
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 04:04   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

^^ hey mate, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
I am also getting inclined towards the Vista however, I am still also considering the Figo since the base models for both the cars are costing similar.

I have mentioned this concern on another thread also, but would like to ask about it here as well. Actually, my office cab driver told me that Vista's clutch is not good. He said that the clutch piston & certain other critical parts are made out of plastic in Vista & that has been giving them problems since the life of such parts is less. He says the older gearbox (before Eurotech) was better & didn't have such problems.

So, would want to know your comments on this.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 14:46   #83
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bokaro Steel
Posts: 245
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

new / upgraded vista is around the corner, i feel it will have better quality then the present one, you can also wait for it and then decide
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 22:03   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 507
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
If comfort & VFM is your pick just go for the vista. Being driving her for 4k+ kms I strongly feel no car can match the comfort offered by a Vista. Your family will love the space it offers. As for the engine it's the proven 1.3 MJD so there is no harm in putting your money on her. My service visit & warranty visit costed me Rs.0.00 and a mileage of 15 / 17 (city / highway) with AC on always is appreciated too.

mileage of 15 / 17 (city / highway) with AC on. Is that all ? The same engine on Swift gives ~20-21 on highway. Is this the standard efficiency of Vista?

I read on this thread that even figo gives similar average.

I am on lookout for a diesel Hatch back. Thinking if I should go with the flow (read swift VDI) or buy something practical (read Vista/figo).

Even price wise figo beats the swift, not sure about vista's current price.

Help me decide.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:28   #85
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
mileage of 15 / 17 (city / highway) with AC on. Is that all ? The same engine on Swift gives ~20-21 on highway. Is this the standard efficiency of Vista?
That's what I get (except for once when I got 19kmpl) but it actually depends on your driving style. In fact fellow bhpian Reinhard gets 24kmpl consistently and am sure if I keep my speeds below 90km/h or adapt a sedate driving I can get 19 kmpl regularly.

Figo vs Vista was the confusion I had when I planned for a new car and I had ruled out swift in the first place cos of lack of space and few other features. Vista is more of a family car (your family would love the sedan like space) and you get the much needed respect on highways cos of good road presence. Am sure Vista will be more VFM cos of the discounts offered by TATA right now.
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:32   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 507
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
That's what I get (except for once when I got 19kmpl) but it actually depends on your driving style. In fact fellow bhpian Reinhard gets 24kmpl consistently and am sure if I keep my speeds below 90km/h or adapt a sedate driving I can get 19 kmpl regularly.

Figo vs Vista was the confusion I had when I planned for a new car and I had ruled out swift in the first place cos of lack of space and few other features. Vista is more of a family car (your family would love the sedan like space) and you get the much needed respect on highways cos of good road presence. Am sure Vista will be more VFM cos of the discounts offered by TATA right now.

Hmmm justified. How about the maintainence ? "Have heard about expensive labour charge and the famous A.S.S.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 02:09   #87
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Hmmm justified. How about the maintainence ? "Have heard about expensive labour charge and the famous A.S.S.
What If I said all that you will pay for Maintenance is

'ZERO'. Yes, you read it right, the Vista Aura (+ and ABS) are covered under Tata TMS Gold (Total Maintenance). You pay nothing for the services, which also includes parts replacement during the period of the cover. And it is covered for 30K kms almost.

Famous A$$...well, yes they are truly improved now and better than the Arrogant MASS and also better than Ford when it comes to small things. E.g: Can you go to a ford to buy a bulb (not a part of regular service) and the chap comes out to your car and fits it for free?
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 20:58   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

I have had a Ford Figo over the last 7 months and have done close to 13.5 K in it. It is a very good option. Has a great AC, lots of passenger and boot space, a good engine mated to gem of a gear box. Moreover, it is solidly built and priced decently. Handling is great and the steering wheel is very responsive.

Beats the Vista hands down IMHO.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 13:02   #89
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 370
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

What about a comparison with Vista tdi and Ford figo, what is a better pick between the two in terms of drivability, FE and maintenance costs?
rock75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz) SPARKled Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 18th July 2013 16:14
Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP riziali Hatchbacks 31 4th May 2011 17:02
Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red CtrlAltDel Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 194 11th December 2010 11:53
Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags) akhilesh51 The Indian Car Scene 141 28th September 2010 20:11
Hyundai Tucson Vs Ford Endeavour Vs Tata Safari 2.2 a performance comparo rippergeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 118 12th February 2008 11:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks