Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 4th July 2010, 00:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

I was a user of Wagon R before Ritz VDI ABS. Now Ritz. I almost drove both for a year each and my vote go for Ritz for many reasons. New WR is of only the modification of space and the little different look.Other wise old and new are same.Go for Rtz and you will enjoy. As you have the facility of TD for all cars go for some TD before you buy and decide.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 07:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Like many have said earlier, we need more information before recommending a car. However based on what you've said and contrary to what many have to say, I'd recommend the Wagon R.

I was not a fan of the looks before I saw -Nut-Case's - car, you have to check it out (he has the link in his post on the previous page), it looks really good. Also, we are comparing it to a Ritz, not a handsome hunk by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say that for looks both get the same points.

Now, the car is meant for city commutes, that makes FE and ride important. In FE, the Wagon R scores higher, and for ride, they are again equal. Trust me, the ride is a lot improved in the new one. If the car is usually going to be used by 5 people, then the Wagon R is out of contention, anything less, I'd rate it higher.

The knock-out punch for me is safety kit, for the same budget, one can think about the Vxi with ABS, something not even in the picture with the Ritz. Yes, it has a brilliant engine, but how often would one need it in Mumbai's manic traffic?

@aniketi, it'll be great to get some more details about the preferences.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote