Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 21:37   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

The i20's rear seats fold away to a flat loading area ..

Last edited by AbhiJ : 7th July 2010 at 21:42.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 21:42   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
the frame [not chassis]
You know you are addicted to T-Bhp when that happens

Quote:
Btw, the sedan that I use with a rack now has a resale value less than my bike [and its not that the bike is expensive, just that the sedan is 12 years old]
Man I have run out of ideas. Get a Jazz I'd say.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 21:49   #18
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Get a Jazz I'd say.
Exactly. If bicycles is what you want to carry (and you have seen the Fit carry them) then your best solution is picking up the Jazz itself (which is the same as Fit).

Or else try locating a Skoda Combi. Seen professionals carry their bicycles in it during Tour de France/other cycling tours.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 21:50   #19
BHPian
 
SunilM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 272
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You know you are addicted to T-Bhp when that happens



Man I have run out of ideas. Get a Jazz I'd say.
+1

Get a Jazz if you can afford it. It will Fit your bill perfectly (pun intended!). You will never regret it, ever.
SunilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 21:51   #20
BHPian
 
-NUT-case's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 263
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

The Santro as well as the chevy spark come with "double folding" rear seats, giving you a flatbed .

The new Wagonr, has only a single folding rear seat, althoug it is 60:40 split.
So you do not get a flatbed in in this case.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 22:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,262
Thanked: 10,567 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
The Santro as well as the chevy spark come with "double folding" rear seats, giving you a flatbed .

The new Wagonr, has only a single folding rear seat, althoug it is 60:40 split.
So you do not get a flatbed in in this case.
The flatbed was possible only in Type1 and Type2 versions where the rear seats could also be reclined like the front ones. The Type3 came with a single bench and Type4 like your Chocobar :-). For transporting the bicycle flat bed is not going to be the criteria I'm sure and only if seats can fold completely. Overall, the room offered in the WagonR will certainly be better compared to any other hatch without a doubt.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:00   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Jazz was featured in Relio automall with 1 bicycle and lots of luggage inside it (Same fashion)

Probably its a Jazz
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:06   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 684 Times
Default

Just a passing thought. Don't we have any station wagons (other than Skoda, because Deepak doesn't want a Skoda) with fully foldable rear seats?
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:11   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default

Not sure if this helps but i once carried an empty 200L water tank and 2 passengers in my wagon R.
With one folded down, the tank resting on it.

The luggage carrying capacity of the wagon r, needs to be experienced to be believed.

I am talking of the old design model that used to come with split seats.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:17   #25
BHPian
 
rajushank84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 861
Thanked: 350 Times
Default

On a similar note: I've always dreamed of putting a bike in a car (or truck rather), drive the truck on a highway to wherever I want (like Ooty or some place in Kerala), and after getting there, parking the truck in a hotel and riding around in that place on the bike.

Should be possible in a Xenon I guess. Only, need to keep a ramp ready for loading/unloading the bike. I will do it some day!
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:31   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Not sure if this helps but i once carried an empty 200L water tank and 2 passengers in my wagon R.
With one folded down, the tank resting on it.

The luggage carrying capacity of the wagon r, needs to be experienced to be believed.

I am talking of the old design model that used to come with split seats.
OT: You are up and awake or the Semis aren't you ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,262
Thanked: 10,567 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Not sure if this helps but i once carried an empty 200L water tank and 2 passengers in my wagon R.
With one folded down, the tank resting on it.

The luggage carrying capacity of the wagon r, needs to be experienced to be believed.

I am talking of the old design model that used to come with split seats.
The same version that I own since 4 years and have posted pics on the first page of this thread.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 00:17   #28
BHPian
 
-NUT-case's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 263
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The same version that I own since 4 years and have posted pics on the first page of this thread.
The R in the original WagonR stood for "Recreational" meaning it was designed to be practical for carrying lots of things like when you go for a picnic or a tour, where carrying a bicycle was certainly a possibilty.

Unfortunately the design of the newer WagonR like "Chocobar" has strayed from its roots.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 00:20   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,985
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default

The name of this thread should be changed from "which hatch in India can carry a bicycle in standing position" to "which hatch in India can carry a bicycle in standing position WITH FRONT WHEEL REMOVED".
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 05:23   #30
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Just a passing thought. Don't we have any station wagons (other than Skoda, because Deepak doesn't want a Skoda) with fully foldable rear seats?
Yes, estates/stationwagons are great designs for versatility. Looking at the Tata Marina too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
On a similar note: I've always dreamed of putting a bike in a car (or truck rather), drive the truck on a highway to wherever I want (like Ooty or some place in Kerala), and after getting there, parking the truck in a hotel and riding around in that place on the bike.

Should be possible in a Xenon I guess. Only, need to keep a ramp ready for loading/unloading the bike. I will do it some day!
Ooty, Chikmagalur, Coorg etc are the place that I have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The name of this thread should be changed from "which hatch in India can carry a bicycle in standing position" to "which hatch in India can carry a bicycle in standing position WITH FRONT WHEEL REMOVED".
Yup.

And for reference as to how risky bikes on the back rack are, I have pics that I took when I was traveling with my bikes in the US. Its the same rack that I use here too. You get rear ended and the bikes are gone. No insurance either.

So pgsagar, its not really a stupid question is it?
Attached Images
  

Last edited by ajmat : 10th July 2010 at 08:44. Reason: cleaning up
deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which hot hatch can be souped up most? jassi Hatchbacks 182 12th February 2012 00:48
World Record: Fastest Standing Mile on Street Tires - 226mph 1Day The International Automotive Scene 8 17th December 2009 10:36
WagonR Gearbox sound when rev up in standing position miraauto Technical Stuff 0 14th July 2007 23:29
Fuel Consumption while standing still amitverma Technical Stuff 26 29th June 2005 10:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks