Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 10:41   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,274
Thanked: 444 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
... that if the palio SDE was its originally marketed price at about 5.2L on road, I would have considered a newer one like the punto diesel. ....... Otherwise it's great value for money and the car itself has such a charisma, it's unbelievable. I hope I didn't confuse.
So in fact, it is the mouth-watering price, with a little bit of the passion thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
PS: I might have seen you driving on my way back home yesterday in the south ex traffic jam?
Not me. I avoid South-Ex like the plague during daytime hours. Get enough bad FE struggling through my own area (Ashram, Lajpat Nagar) anyways. And if it was afternoon, I was already on my way to Team BHP meet at Noida.
architect is offline  
Old 25th July 2010, 12:05   #92
BHPian
 
ByDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
So in fact, it is the mouth-watering price, with a little bit of the passion thrown in.


Not me. I avoid South-Ex like the plague during daytime hours. Get enough bad FE struggling through my own area (Ashram, Lajpat Nagar) anyways. And if it was afternoon, I was already on my way to Team BHP meet at Noida.
Hey, once I get my car I want to meet for these meets too
ByDesign is offline  
Old 25th July 2010, 23:20   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,274
Thanked: 444 Times
Default

You can come to the meets even without a car or a bike. The more the merrier.
architect is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 00:54   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guys I have been following up this thread from day one but never came into picture and was watching the show from behind the scenes

Anyways, that Palio Medium Grey SDE VIN Number (MCA17887F08073289GPZ) which is being discussed heavily on this thread was booked by me on 27 May'10 from Rama Motors. It was on my booking amount of 51k that the car was ordered from the factory. Now ask me why I do not own it if had booked it with such a huge amount???

And why is it still gathering dust at the dealership and also for 1 year at the factory? Its a July 2009 model to be precise if you can decrypt the above VIN you will know. Well there are certain reasons otherwise a passionate and ex Palio owner/fiat fan like me would not have left it there after running across through each door of Tata-Fiat to get it booked and get it delivered.

And, also I am really surprised to hear the price that Mr. ByDesign is willing to pay and the actual one which I had to pay to get that one home!!

I'm overall excited and nervous to see that who takes it home and _ _ _

To be continued after further attention by the thread starter.
sameer551 is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 02:48   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

^^ Please don't take offense, but I think your post is not in very good taste. It makes one think that something is wrong with the car itself. Also, instead of waiting for ByDesign to book this car or agree to a price, please clarify if there is anything to be worried about. Instead of waiting for ByDesign to quote a price, if you know how much the price should be, then share it with him.
Amartya is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 07:37   #96
BHPian
 
ByDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Guys I have been following up this thread from day one but never came into picture and was watching the show from behind the scenes

Anyways, that Palio Medium Grey SDE VIN Number (MCA17887F08073289GPZ) which is being discussed heavily on this thread was booked by me on 27 May'10 from Rama Motors. It was on my booking amount of 51k that the car was ordered from the factory. Now ask me why I do not own it if had booked it with such a huge amount???

And why is it still gathering dust at the dealership and also for 1 year at the factory? Its a July 2009 model to be precise if you can decrypt the above VIN you will know. Well there are certain reasons otherwise a passionate and ex Palio owner/fiat fan like me would not have left it there after running across through each door of Tata-Fiat to get it booked and get it delivered.

And, also I am really surprised to hear the price that Mr. ByDesign is willing to pay and the actual one which I had to pay to get that one home!!

I'm overall excited and nervous to see that who takes it home and _ _ _

To be continued after further attention by the thread starter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
^^ Please don't take offense, but I think your post is not in very good taste. It makes one think that something is wrong with the car itself. Also, instead of waiting for ByDesign to book this car or agree to a price, please clarify if there is anything to be worried about. Instead of waiting for ByDesign to quote a price, if you know how much the price should be, then share it with him.
As Amartya sir said, please tell me what's going on? The dealership said it was on sale. If you said you paid for this 2 months ago then why is it still there? Please clarify as I need to apply for my bank loan.
ByDesign is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 07:47   #97
BHPian
 
tortoiseNhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 527
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
was booked by me on 27 May'10 from Rama Motors. It was on my booking amount of 51k that the car was ordered from the factory.
Could you please reveal how much you had to surrender for cancellation of the booking? It might help ByDesign negotiate with the dealer with a firmer footing.

Quote:
And why is it still gathering dust at the dealership and also for 1 year at the factory?
Because it is a FIAT PALIO. Indians in general are still of the opinion that all Palios are guzzlers.

Quote:
Its a July 2009 model to be precise if you can decrypt the above VIN you will know. Well there are certain reasons otherwise a passionate and ex Palio owner/fiat fan like me would not have left it there after running across through each door of Tata-Fiat to get it booked and get it delivered.
Just because it is a 2009 model you cannot say that the car would be a lemon. My brother-in-law picked up a 2008 SDE, lying with the dealer for a year and half, as soon as the Dhamaka offer got underway. The car is performing exceedingly well. I traveled in this car for a trip to Mawsynram, the wettest place on earth, last fortnight at the height of monsoon and the SDE never gave any cause to worry.

@ByDesign
I repeat, the SDE 2009 model is priced at Rs. 3,39,318. The dealer commission from Fiat is left untouched in this price. At the time of finalization of the deal keep a printout of the Dhamaka offer ready (you will find the attached pdf in one of my previous posts here).

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 26th July 2010 at 08:05.
tortoiseNhare is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:17   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
^^ Please don't take offense, but I think your post is not in very good taste. It makes one think that something is wrong with the car itself. Also, instead of waiting for ByDesign to book this car or agree to a price, please clarify if there is anything to be worried about. Instead of waiting for ByDesign to quote a price, if you know how much the price should be, then share it with him.
Sorry bro, no bad intentions as I had read that he was not booking it very next day. So I thought I had a day more to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
As Amartya sir said, please tell me what's going on? The dealership said it was on sale. If you said you paid for this 2 months ago then why is it still there? Please clarify as I need to apply for my bank loan.
@ByDesign, Aditya has quoted you very high price if he is planning to sell you at 4 lack. The actual price which I was paying was 3.39 exshowroom plus registration, in Delhi which would have come to no more than 3.60 on road along with Free insurance, 4 yrs warranty from Fiat. Yes, this booking was also done under the so called Dhamaka scheme or clearing of stock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Could you please reveal how much you had to surrender for cancellation of the booking? It might help ByDesign negotiate with the dealer with a firmer footing.
I did not surrender a penny for the cancellation of booking, as it was more of dealership mistake and I got my full amount back. But I am surprised as to why did Aditya who ByDesign says is his friend told him 4 lack. As I was about to pay not a penny more than 3.6 lack in Delhi for it.

Ok now the reason for cancellation was, that the car could not be registered in Delhi as promised and agreed in written with the dealership. Since it being BSIII vehicle, they could not get it registered at that time even after 10 days trial. So, I opted not to take it.

Also, I had fully inspected the car and a very thorough team-bhp PDI was done by me over it, and I can say there were cetrain facts that made me take a step back as I knew it was not fit vehicle.

The AC was not cooling properly although it was working just needed some service or attention. There were few other critical parts which were not working like even the Odometer needle not revving up or down, the manual central locks, the wiper water motor, few misalignments in build of car with respect to bumper and bonnet, and there were many more I can't remember which needed attention.

Over all I did not have a pleasant experience at the dealership and they left me high and dry with myself getting to act by calling up all tata-fiat officials and got my money back. I did not leave them there and complained to all top officials of fiat and they had conference call with me and Aditya (owner) for this false promises and bad experience.

I would not recommend this car in simple terms. Need more clarifications if I am missing something then please let me know.

Quote:
Just because it is a 2009 model you cannot say that the car would be a lemon. My brother-in-law picked up a 2008 SDE, lying with the dealer for a year and half, as soon as the Dhamaka offer got underway. The car is performing exceedingly well. I traveled in this car for a trip to Mawsynram, the wettest place on earth, last fortnight at the height of monsoon and the SDE never gave any cause to worry.

I agree that a year or 2 yrs old car could be fine when it comes to running, but when so many things are wrong at the time of PDI and the bad attitude from dealership that this is what we've got from factory we can't help it and also not willing to attend all the issues was nothing promising.

@ByDesign
I repeat, the SDE 2009 model is priced at Rs. 3,39,318. The dealer commission from Fiat is left untouched in this price. At the time of finalization of the deal keep a printout of the Dhamaka offer ready (you will find the attached pdf in one of my previous posts here).
Yes, he's right and that was all what I was paying. I am a PUG member so we were all hooked to buy this beast at that tempting price.

At the end I would say just go by your guts and sound knowledge and be prepared that it may not be registered in Delhi if the dealership is still promising you for Delhi registration. Registering in other regions like UP or Haryana is also not easy until you've some property or address there. Above that do inspect car thoroughly again as I'm not sure what all has been fixed or broken during 2 months. If I were there I could easily tell what all is fixed or not. Hope you make a wise and informed decision from these inputs.

Last edited by sameer551 : 26th July 2010 at 13:19.
sameer551 is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:26   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

hmmm ... if bydesign is still interested to go ahead, maybe he can request samee551's time and conduct a joint PDI this time around
WindRide is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:29   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
hmmm ... if bydesign is still interested to go ahead, maybe he can request samee551's time and conduct a joint PDI this time around
hehe they would be scared to sell him if I come with him for a physical pdi
sameer551 is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:37   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
hehe they would be scared to sell him if I come with him for a physical pdi
Exactly the reason behind my suggestion. Customer (bydesign) has to be the KING and should not be mislead. Who better to guide him than someone who has done the recce earlier and knows the route by-heart!! Also, this is an excellent chance for sameer551 to settle old scores.
WindRide is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:51   #102
BHPian
 
tortoiseNhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 527
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post

The AC was not cooling properly although it was working just needed some service or attention. There were few other critical parts which were not working like even the Odometer needle not revving up or down, the manual central locks, the wiper water motor, few misalignments in build of car with respect to bumper and bonnet, and there were many more I can't remember which needed attention.

Over all I did not have a pleasant experience at the dealership and they left me high and dry with myself getting to act by calling up all tata-fiat officials and got my money back. I did not leave them there and complained to all top officials of fiat and they had conference call with me and Aditya (owner) for this false promises and bad experience.
The AC might need gas refilling. It is supposed to be normal for a car lying idle for a long period of time. The odometer needle, central lock, wiper motor etc. may not work if the couplings (found inside the right part of the dashboard) for electric connections are loose. The problem happened with my SDE too and all it needed was to pull the coupling out and push in again.

Misalignment of bonnet and bumper is not acceptable.
tortoiseNhare is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:57   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

^^ Yes, AC seems normal here as the car was kept unused for a long time. A gas fill should take care. Odometer not working, could it indicate that it was being used for test drives during the Stile days?
funkykar is offline  
Old 26th July 2010, 13:58   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,113
Thanked: 582 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The AC might need gas refilling. It is supposed to be normal for a car lying idle for a long period of time. The odometer needle, central lock, wiper motor etc. may not work if the couplings (found inside the right part of the dashboard) for electric connections are loose. The problem happened with my SDE too and all it needed was to pull the coupling out and push in again.

Misalignment of bonnet and bumper is not acceptable.

Even if the issues with the car are minor ones and can be fixed, the bigger problem will be with registering the vehicle. If ByDesign does not have an address outside Delhi, this is a major problem.
fiat_tarun is online now  
Old 26th July 2010, 14:08   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

^^ Yes, Delhi being the strictest in India when it comes to Emission norms, do be very cautious. I really dont know if the dealers can manage to register it at outskirts, even if you dont have any property there like in Bangalore (thats what I believe). If registeration isnt a issue and dealer takes up every responsibility to get the car in proper order and team-bhp PDI is perfect and a huge discount offered on it, you can surely consider it.
funkykar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LPG hatchback dilemma? panks15 Hatchbacks 17 3rd August 2009 18:29
Hatchback dilemma (4.5 - 5L) EatMyDust Hatchbacks 69 21st May 2007 16:50
Our Car Dilemma sajo Sedans 9 8th September 2005 18:19
Dilemma abt wheels for new Baleno sonic Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 11th February 2005 10:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks