Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 09:01   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 541
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

@ sheel -

All the cars in the 3-4 L bracket would almost be nearly as good or as bad. Eventually it all comes down to what you personally like and want rather than going by a 'friend's' opinion or generic review comments.

All these cars sell in good enough numbers and have enough takers - even outside the MUL stable.

At the end of the day, you are buying a car for yourself / family. That should be the primary and infact the only basis for a decision as you cant go wrong with either choices.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 09:19   #47
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 4,821 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
@ sheel -

All the cars in the 3-4 L bracket would almost be nearly as good or as bad. Eventually it all comes down to what you personally like and want rather than going by a 'friend's' opinion or generic review comments.

All these cars sell in good enough numbers and have enough takers - even outside the MUL stable.

At the end of the day, you are buying a car for yourself / family. That should be the primary and infact the only basis for a decision as you cant go wrong with either choices.
I am all up for A* and have driven it extensively and love it for its very good steering(despite EPS) and suspension, no body-roll(almost none), but can't have one, Wagon R Vxi has a 3 month waiting period. So can't make up and it will be the second car(mostly 2 up front, and zilch occupancy at the back).
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 10:06   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am all up for A* and have driven it extensively and love it for its very good steering(despite EPS) and suspension, no body-roll(almost none), but can't have one, Wagon R Vxi has a 3 month waiting period. So can't make up and it will be the second car(mostly 2 up front, and zilch occupancy at the back).
If you are having occupancy of two most of the time, you can try K10. Being lower in height it has no body roll. The engine is same as A Star, Zen, Wagon R, and the AC is superb. All in all it is the zippiest car this side of 5 lacs (if not more). I bough K10 on 8th and have been having a whale of a time driving in Delhi - Heavy Rain, Water Logging (6"-18"), Broken Roads, Heavy Traffic. The K10 takes it all in its stride with the AC cooling perfectly.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 11:52   #49
Newbie
 
jojipg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Some how I m not sure why we are comparing alto k10 vxi with a-star lxi , as we get more features in k10 vxi compared to a-star lxi. And k10 costs less.
Attached Images
 
jojipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 12:18   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojipg View Post
Some how I m not sure why we are comparing alto k10 vxi with a-star lxi , as we get more features in k10 vxi compared to a-star lxi. And k10 costs less.
Because that is the nearest you get in price. The A Star is the new Alto in the International Market. Maybe the forum members want to understand why Maruti had to introduce the K10, when they had two perfectly positioned products - the Alto (800 = old) and the new Alto (A Star).

For a VFM sensitive clientele the A Star made no sense, as evident from the sales numbers, while the Alto 800 is still being lapped up, hence in my opinion, pep up the Alto and increase the sales.

If the A Star sales languish, I will not be surprised if goodies like - ABS, Air Bags and Rear Demister/Washer make their way to the K10 (Zxi?)
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 12:29   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,427
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojipg View Post
Some how I m not sure why we are comparing alto k10 vxi with a-star lxi , as we get more features in k10 vxi compared to a-star lxi. And k10 costs less.
The A-Star is a more contemporary car designed from the ground up. It has a cash discount of Rs 27K and one gets free accessories of Rs 10 K, so final price will be Rs 3,26,220 on the road. A-Star has no discounts as yet.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 15:36   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,406
Thanked: 1,539 Times
Default

i just took a test drive of k10.
pricing k10- on road -3.64 lacs
wagon r lxi- 3.8 lacs with discounts.

i dont know why but my head is saying wagon r makes more sense by putting extra 20k
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 11:05   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i just took a test drive of k10.
pricing k10- on road -3.64 lacs
wagon r lxi- 3.8 lacs with discounts.

i dont know why but my head is saying wagon r makes more sense by putting extra 20k
The WagonR is much more practical while the K10 will be fun to drive. Unless you are looking at a fun to drive car with awesome FE to boot, the WagonR makes more sense.You get a 10 year younger chassis, loads of headroom and better build quality for a difference of about 15k. All in all you get much more for that 15k. The quality of plastics used,seat fabrics and almost everything else is much better in the WagonR than the K10. The WagonR appeals to the head, while the K10 appeals to the heart.

Last edited by longhorn : 10th September 2010 at 11:13.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 19:08   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,427
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The A-Star is a more contemporary car designed from the ground up. It has a cash discount of Rs 27K and one gets free accessories of Rs 10 K, so final price will be Rs 3,26,220 on the road. A-Star has no discounts as yet.
Sorry for the typo. The highlighted part should read "the final ex-showroom price of the A-Star will be Rs 3,26,220.00. The K 10 has no discounts as yet."
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 19:46   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

The ANWR(All New Wagon-R) anyday ; it has everything-space,easy ingress/egress,good road view,the same K10 engine all within the 3.5-4 lac price range
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 17:58   #56
BHPian
 
sunnyside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 66
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

For a second car A* makes better sense as its atleast 2 generations newer than Alto or Alto K10. Positives: A "Good for Lady car", Small, FE

For a primary vehicle in the family WagonR is great. Positives: Space, FE & Resaleability
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 19:06   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
For a second car A* makes better sense as its atleast 2 generations newer than Alto or Alto K10.
A Star is only 1 generation newer compared to the our Indian Alto.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 19:42   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

I would recommend spending the extra 20k and going in for the wagonR, unless zippy performance is more important to you. The wagonR is easy to drive in the city, and trust, me, when you are sitting in heavy traffic, a more specious car would make you feel better, as would a higher seating position.
avi550m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 10:39   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default

It all boils down to you priorities and driving style.

If you are driving alone most of the time, want excellent AC, peppy performance and good FE go for the K10.

If you have a family and most of the time there are three or more persons, reconfigurable seating is an added plus and want safety features, then go for Wagon R. But then the Wagon R to go for is the one with Air Bags & ABS, rear wiper/washer, and that is 1L more than K10 ex-showroom

In my opinion A Star is neither here nor there. It neither has the pep and FE of K10, nor the space of Wagon R.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 10:52   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

I would have said K10 all the way....

- Performance
- Economy
- Zen looks
- Tubeless Rubber
- Central Lockin
- Power windows

But for one crucial factor... Safety. I think the new generations A* shell is more safer than Alto and for that one moment when you really need it. All the above arithmatic is not well worth it.
So A* all da way!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Alto K10: ZERO Star Safety Rating in the Latin NCAP GTO The Indian Car Scene 159 15th April 2016 10:40
Wagon R LXI CNG Vs Wagon R VXI + CNG Kit ajay387 Hatchbacks 37 7th October 2013 22:54
Alto Lxi / Wagon R Vxi / Xeta GLX ?? shobhit15 Hatchbacks 24 11th May 2007 12:40
Wagon-R: VXi+LPG OR LXi+Upgrades+LPG? EDIT: Now booked LXi sohu9 Hatchbacks 14 16th January 2007 13:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks