Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 9th September 2012, 22:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: I10 1.1 IRDE with CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Thanks Abhi,
Well, Yes i am presently in Chennai but my family is in Mumbai. there is a CNG filling station very close to our house in Mumbai.

- factory fitted CNG - what i know is only one - Wagon R ...are there any more ?

Beat Diesel - haven't checked out yet.

Thanks
I'd suggest you check the Beat diesel. The base version may cost you the same as the i10 you are considering. Considering the additional 50-55k you'll spend on the CNG kit ( I assume sequential kit), the two cars may eventually cost the same. You can also consider Swift LXi+ CNG. Prices for the two cars may be in close vicinity. With CNG, Maruti cars perform the best. DOn't believe me. Check the CNG car line and count the number of Marutis

BTW, I have a i10 CNG in the extended family , it runs just fine. If you have your heart set on one, go for it.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 11:35   #17
BHPian

Default Re: I10 1.1 IRDE with CNG

The best value for money proposition and safest buy will be the Wagon R CNG. Will cost about 5 lakh.

But if you really like the i10 I think you'll be fine with you investment because it looks much better and is very comfortable and easy to drive in the city. But ultimately it will cost about 5.5 lakhs(or more) along with the CNG kit etc. Plus long term maintenance is more expensive.

Some have suggested the Beat D, but it is too cramped. So if you already have a bigger car for family and you are gonna use this car just you daily use with just 2 or 3 people on board, it will do fine. But as a family car, it will fail miserably.

I had enquired with Maruti. They have told me that just from last month they have started fitting authorized CNG kits themselves on any petrol cars from their line up. The cost is steep - 60,000 INR. But then you don't loose out on warranty etc.

So you can buy a Ritz LXi with Maruti CNG for about the same price as the i10 1.1 with CNG. And I would anytime prefer the Ritz over the i10 1.1 for the brilliant engine, better high speed dynamics and cheaper maintenance.

So decide your budget, space requirements and then decide what option you prefer.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 22:43   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Thinking of buying a Hyundai i10 1.1L with CNG

Since discount season is on :

1. i10 1.1 with CNG is being offered at 4.9L on road in Mumbai (outside octroi - Virar)
2. Wagon R with CNG is 4.8L on road but with less features.
Hence this inclination

Also family is 2 + kid

Waiting for some ownership review.

Regards,
Farid
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 13:04   #19
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Since discount season is on :

1. i10 1.1 with CNG is being offered at 4.9L on road in Mumbai (outside octroi - Virar)
2. Wagon R with CNG is 4.8L on road but with less features.
Hence this inclination
Any idea how many variants the i10 CNG is available in? Or is it that you buy the variant of your choice & the dealer will fit the CNG kit? Hope the prices have reduced or at best remained the same.
The WagonR CNG is only available in the mid-variant!

Last edited by PPS : 8th November 2012 at 13:27.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 13:15   #20

Hello. Is there anyone who has bought the i10 with dealer fitted CNG kit? What kind of a kit is it i.e. sequential or regular and how is the performance vis-a-vis the CNG Wagon R?
jesse_916 is offline   Reply With Quote