Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th October 2010, 15:24   #16
BHPian

An update on the above, as some people were interested in knowing about the Santro offers etc :

* Went to Maruti (Pratham) and Hyundai, to give all the cars in my range a once-over
* Could not fit behind the A*'s wheel (due to height mostly)
* Wagon R's driver view and height looked amazing. Egress-ingress is by far the best in this category.
* However, when comparing with Santro, found that the rear seat area, etc are same (if not worse). The additional height is sort of wasted.
* Between i10 and Santro, found that Santro driver's seat was more comfortable for me.

It is now Santro v/s WagonR (for now).

Regarding Discounts etc :
* Wagon R has around 12-15k of discount (cash discount only)
* Santro has better discounts, as mentioned in posts above
* In addition, Santro has a new "variant" called GL Plus, which is in effect a GL model price, with power windows (front) and central locking free. This makes the GL quite attractive compared to GLS also, given that these are the two "mandatory" features where GLS scored. Most of the other GLS extras are aesthetics.
abhinavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 15:26   #17
BHPian

(Cannot edit the above post, hence adding another reply) :

Regarding the Wagon R duo, the Pratham rep mentioned that since the old Wagon R is BSIII compliant only, it cannot be registered now. Hence it is completely phased out from metros.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Abhinav, I read through your posts and still remain confused about your reasons for not considering the Chevy Spark. IMHO, Spark is the best car for your needs.

The Santro has not been updated in a while, and will probably get phased out or introduced in a lower trim against the Alto.
If you are serious about LPG, it is Spark with eyes closed. The LPG kit on the Spark is technologically much ahead of Santro Eco, and even the Wagon R.
In terms of space, the Spark is surprisingly comfortable, though it may appear smaller than the others.

Suggest you consider a Sparky test drive and decide for yourself. If the heart still tells you to go for the Santro, it is not a bad deal at all with all the discounts on offer.
u_chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 10:02   #19
BHPian

^^
@u_chill,

As mentioned earlier in the thread :
* I was exploring the LPG option for Santro, but decided not to go for it. So LPG is not a mandatory feature I am looking for.
* Did a test drive with Spark, and the interiors feel smaller than a Santro or WagonR.

Am sure Spark is a great car, but not for me