Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th May 2015, 16:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano Vs. Chevrolet Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Taking a re-look at this old thread. When I first started this thread, I wanted to buy a city car and compared a Nano and Spark. Most initial advice was against Nano and many suggested that Spark cannot be compared to a Nano and because Spark is a much superior car etc. Now when I look back at this thread, I see more Nano cars on the road and all those Sparks vanished. I am wondering how insight gained through collective intelligence can fail the test of time.
Absolutely .

And practically Nano is no longer inferior to any A segment hatches in India. Just read in news today about the launch of the AMT version for which the bookings will start very soon. Same Magneti Marelli box which clicked in Celerio and Zest.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 17:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Absolutely .

And practically Nano is no longer inferior to any A segment hatches in India. Just read in news today about the launch of the AMT version for which the bookings will start very soon. Same Magneti Marelli box which clicked in Celerio and Zest.
+1. Today had a look at the GenX Nano (with Manual Shift) as AMT is yet to be displayed at Tata Showrooms. The interiors are rich, with nice dual tone dashboard and now the normal kind of boot opening. Power Steering was already there earlier. I only wish for front or rear disc brakes.

Last edited by hillram : 14th May 2015 at 17:49.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 07:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
I see more Nano cars on the road and all those Sparks vanished. I am wondering how insight gained through collective intelligence can fail the test of time.
Collective intelligence is based on user feedback, this is helpful only when the parent company uses it, Tata has consistently tried to rectify a mistake called Nano and is probably why there are more Nano's now. Chevrolet has lost Optra, Aveo-UVA already and really not bothered about Spark anymore, pricing has always been premium, thats why Spark has reduced in numbers but having owned it in the past can always vouch for its supremacy.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 20:11   #94
BHPian

Guess , I am about 5 years late Could have given you lots of feedback being one who has been driving a 2010 Nano as well as a 2008 Spark.
Now that you have a spark , you would know that it has among the quietest cabin noises across multiple segments. Even today I still crank the engine not knowing that I have not switched it on already - it is that quiet.
Needless to say , Nano is the other end of the spectrum - no doubts there about the engine status !
Am still happy with both cars btw. However spark has also been on the expensive side to maintain and mileage has been coming down steadily.
Nano still gives 17 kmpl in the city and other than yearly service - have had no other expenses.
Once the easy shift with ePas comes home (hopefully in couple of weeks) - then Nano will be a clear winner.
mail2sekh is offline   Reply With Quote