Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 17:33   #1
BHPian
 
general_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Abudhabi
Posts: 162
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Wake up Call for Zen Gods

Hello Tbhpians,
My friend is looking forward to buy a second hand Zen, I would like suggestions so that I can focus on what to watch out for when buying it. He is relying on me and I need to make sure that my friend gets the best of it.
Also if anyone is planning to sell his zen, let me know, this wont be an immediate purchase since we havent started looking around for cars as yet. Will be fishing for cars from tomorrow.
Hope I am clear to all... So let it begin...

Chill

Neo
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 17:39   #2
Max
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Thane
Posts: 534
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

before buying second hand car make sure you get it checked with your local trustable garage. Make sure about battery, tyre conditions. also, check the windshield glass, if its not factory fited then its possible that vehical faced accident. also, check out previous maintenance history and insure history if possible.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:42   #3
BHPian
 
general_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Abudhabi
Posts: 162
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
before buying second hand car make sure you get it checked with your local trustable garage. Make sure about battery, tyre conditions. also, check the windshield glass, if its not factory fited then its possible that vehical faced accident. also, check out previous maintenance history and insure history if possible.
Well I dont have any special garage that i know or someone who i can trust... I never owned a zen and hope you can help me.

Also is the zen the ultimate choice for a second hand car under 2 laks...
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 19:46   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,035 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Well I dont have any special garage that i know or someone who i can trust... I never owned a zen and hope you can help me.

Also is the zen the ultimate choice for a second hand car under 2 laks...
you could look around for a slightly older esteem as well, if age isn't a major criteria.
if you don't have a familiar garage around then try and take te car to the nearest sevice station once you are close to getting one.
can't think of any typical zen traits, just look out for the common stuff for other cars.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 22:05   #5
cnu
BHPian
 
cnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Well I dont have any special garage that i know or someone who i can trust... I never owned a zen and hope you can help me.
My suggestion would be to approach Maruti True value. You can be rest assured since they don't trade vehicles involved in serious accidents. And you even get a warranty of 1 year (offcourse a premium is included in the price itself for this).
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 23:10   #6
BHPian
 
general_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Abudhabi
Posts: 162
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
My suggestion would be to approach Maruti True value. You can be rest assured since they don't trade vehicles involved in serious accidents. And you even get a warranty of 1 year (offcourse a premium is included in the price itself for this).
Can u direct me towards True value in blore....
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 00:39   #7
Max
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Thane
Posts: 534
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

you will also get good ford ikon under 2 lakhs. i seen one for 1.5 lakhs (2000 1.3clxi) at chembur.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 10:52   #8
cnu
BHPian
 
cnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Can u direct me towards True value in blore....
All the Maruti dealers have the True value department. I have earlier interacted with Bimal Auto Agency and am satisfied with their service. I will PM you the contact number.
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 16:46   #9
BHPian
 
general_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Abudhabi
Posts: 162
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Does anyone know a icon in 2 lakhs... Seems like a good idea unless the car has been abused badly.
Now I we are stuck in between zen, wagon r, esteem and icon.
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:02   #10
Max
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Thane
Posts: 534
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Does anyone know a icon in 2 lakhs... Seems like a good idea unless the car has been abused badly.
Now I we are stuck in between zen, wagon r, esteem and icon.
dude, go to your local car dealers, search in newspapers etc., and they should be having lots of ikon standing by for sale. Here in Bombay you will get lots of ikon bellow 2 lakhs (yes in good condition).
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:07   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,226 Times
Default

Moved to What Car.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:25   #12
BHPian
 
general_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Abudhabi
Posts: 162
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Moved to What Car.

GTO
Huh!!!
I am confused my ur question!!!

My friend says he can settle down for an Esteem but he always wanted Icon, now he can afford a zen and Wagon R is more spacious and upright posture. What to buy?


Hehehe!!!
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:46   #13
cnu
BHPian
 
cnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Huh!!!
I am confused my ur question!!!

My friend says he can settle down for an Esteem but he always wanted Icon, now he can afford a zen and Wagon R is more spacious and upright posture. What to buy?
Neo, I think your friend must first decide if he needs a sedan or a hatch back.
Once that is done, half the confusion is gone.
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:57   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,045
Thanked: 476 Times
Default

According to the latest news, Zen production is going to stop after about 4 months. So your friend better stick to WagonR.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wayanad - 'Gods Own District' in 'Gods Own Country'!!.. dhanushs Travelogues 30 17th April 2012 14:36
Rallying In India Will Wake Up To A More Professional Tomorrow : Mohan Nagarajan rjstyles69 Indian Motorsport 3 23rd July 2008 16:56
500cc Harley(Buell); Enfield wake up or Tie up! jkdas Superbikes & Imports 16 6th July 2007 10:31
Wake up to a THUD .... SCREE...CH...SCREECH.... DRC Street Experiences 6 5th September 2006 12:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks