Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th May 2011, 17:58   #1
BHPian

Default Man Sold Old Car by Dealer

I read this article in today's Times Of India. According to this article TATA motors dealer in Lucknow Goldrush Sales and Service ltd sold an old car to a person. I purchased my Grande also from Goldrush only. Here is the link -:

Man sold old car by dealer gets relief from consumer forum - The Times of India

Thanks
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Man Sold Old Car by Dealer

Thats bad on Goldrush's part. Last year when i went to check the Vista aura the first question asked by their sales rep was kya gaadi shaadi mein dene ko chahiyae . I was WhatThe H***. Then again on asking for a demo and test drive of Aura model(Indica Vista) they said check the demo terra version and gave me a list of features which the aura model has.
BTW Its nice to hear that the buyer will be compensated either with a new vehicle or money and hope Goldrush people learn a lesson from this.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 22:23   #3
BHPian

Yes thats their way of talking. Even I was fooled. They said to quickly book Grande as they have to place an order and if I delay then I might not get the same offer. So I placed the order. I received my car in October 2009. But when I checked the manual it had already arrived in June 2009. Just imagine how I was fooled.

Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 22:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I read this article in today's Times Of India. According to this article TATA motors dealer in Lucknow Goldrush Sales and Service ltd sold an old car to a person. I purchased my Grande also from Goldrush only. Here is the link -:

Man sold old car by dealer gets relief from consumer forum - The Times of India

Thanks
Absolutely same situation happened in mumbai tata well known dealer for a INDICA car.

In this case the customer was sold a badly bashed up accident car which was repaired and painted with major parts replaced , unfortunately those jokers at showroom forgot to remove the JOB CARD of the car from glove box when it went for repairs before delivery and that job card went with so called new car to customer, thus this customer came to know about history of his NEW CAR. and was to see the list of major parts replaced during accident repairs.
Customer instead of writing and waiting like a idiot for that dealers reply wrote directly to Mr. RATAN TATA and got reply that the said car will be replaced immediately and the dealer will be pulled up.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 21:19   #5
BHPian

Its really shocking. Even I have this doubt that I have been. sold a used car. Many problems since beginning and recently leaf springs got misaligned.

By the way what about that dealer in Mumbai. Was some action taken against him??
Old 10th May 2011, 23:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

There's a gullible customer everytime! I cant believe that in today's age of information, anyone would allow such a thing to happen to them.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Its really shocking. Even I have this doubt that I have been. sold a used car. Many problems since beginning and recently leaf springs got misaligned.

By the way what about that dealer in Mumbai. Was some action taken against him??
Hi Happy, No I dont know the fate if that unfortunate customer, as far as I feel such dealers, the directors of those dealers must be put behind bars, but then our country is full of creeps, bribe hungry, including some of people who give judgement in the court, they will while away time in hearings and hearings , dates and dates in the end the sufferers will just give up.
Now about my experience with my car, I was very very cautious and kept eagles eye on that dealer , Please read my stor in my own car in thread MY SUPERIOR WHITE ALTO K10. I did not give them chance to fool me .Pls read every word of it.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 05:56   #8
BHPian

I would definitely go through the thread. The biggest problem was that I was not the member of teambhp at that time and neither I was aware of the PDI checklist. My car was in the workshop since June and I purchased the car in October. I regret my decision of not going with Scorpio.