| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th January 2006, 12:46||#1|
Join Date: May 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
Woes with Fiat Palio servicing in Bangalore (Sundaram Motors)
10 weeks back, Sundaram Motors in Bangalore took my 1.6 GTX for routine service. They diagnosed an AC problem and said the thermistor needed to be replaced. They did not have the part, yet in the most unprofessional manner, kept the car in their garage for 4 days to do routine service (read oil change). The overall customer orientation and communication was appaling to say the least. After 4 days, they released the car saying part has been ordered from Mumbai. They had no explanation for why they kept the car for 4 days inspite of knowing first hand that the part was not there and also why was I not communicated through-out that period about this. They broke the news to me only after I went on the 4th day evening - all along I was assuming that the AC is been serviced and hence the delay. This was really incredible !! I took back my car. Since then, I have been calling every few days and the part is yet to arrive. This is frustrating to say the least and speaks of extremely poor customer-orientation, even factoring in the current Fiat woes.
1. Should it take more than 2.5 months for a thermistor to arrive from Mumbai?
2. I am not very technical. Can someone help me understand what role the part plays in the AC system and what should I expect to pay for it?
3. I have called Mumbai office out of frustration and awaiting a call. Can I do something else?
4. Can some other service center help me better in Bangalore ? But then will they not hit the same brick wall in Mumbai for procuring the part? Or do you think they will have other sources to get the thermistor?
5. Is it possible to buy the thermistor abroad and just get it here and replaced through a good service center? Are parts freely available abroad? I travel regularly and can source it if available off the shelf in Europe.
Please help me
|28th January 2006, 13:29||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2004
Thanked: 53 Times
As per one of the service guys there at Sundaram, they are not getting any Fiat parts from last 1 month or so beacuse Tata is taking over the sales and service. You can check with Premier Land on Bannerghatta road (some where near Dairy Circle-Sagar automobiles) or Bosch Service on Hosur road(Near Singasandra) for the part you want.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Multibrand body workshop - Sundaram Motors (Hoodi, Bangalore)||optimist||Bangalore||7||7th May 2012 02:03|
|Sundaram Motors, Bangalore||libranof1987||Indian Car Dealerships||22||6th January 2012 10:25|
|Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Concorde Motors Hosur Road, Bangalore - Servicing Woes||RAINMAKER||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||12||25th March 2011 14:08|
|Sundaram Motors, Bangy - Appreciation of Excellent Service||BomBatt||Indian Car Dealerships||16||23rd October 2008 18:46|