Team-BHP - Mehta Motors -Tata Dealer at Bhatinda, Punjab. Need guidance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Mehta Motors -Tata Dealer at Bhatinda, Punjab. Need guidance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/102393-mehta-motors-tata-dealer-bhatinda-punjab-need-guidance.html)

Dear team,

I have received this mail from a friend's friend who gave the car-Indica V2 DLS for repairs. Need to know the best solution on what is to be done. This mail has also been circulated to higher officials at Tata motors.

I wont be commenting until I get to know this properly from experts here.

The mail is as follows:

Quote:

Overcharging, Bullying Attitude of the Staff, Highly Insensitive and Inefficient Customer Service at Mehta Motors, Goniana Road, Vill - Gill Patti,Bathinda, Punjab.

With Reference to the Job Card No. - JC- Mehta M-BD-1112-001329 dt 27-05-2011 wherein My Car No - PB****2606, Make - Indica DLS had arrived for Repair in the Service Station and Some Repairs were carried out without proper Judgment of the Fault by the Service Advisor regarding replacing the Engine Head and subsequently an wrong Estimate of Rs. 30000-35000 was made for full repair of the Fault.

As I did not had the arrangement of such a huge amount of Rs. 35000 with me on May 27, 2011 and to my Judgment the Estimate was highly inflated and wrongly diagnosed, I had discussed this with the GM Service- Mr. Chander Shekhar who consented for giving me some time for deciding to go ahead with the Repairs after the Weekend Holidays. On Monday, May 30 2011, I went to the Service Station and again confirmed that if the Repairs amounting to Rs 35000.00 were necessary and essential, the service engineer acted in a very casual manner and told me to either get it repaired or take away my car.Again believing my Judgment that Engine Head of my car did not need Replacement, I decided to take back my Car after paying the Bill for the initial Repairs already done on it.
It was very Shocking and uncalled for to have being charged Rs. 200.00 as Parking Charges (hand- written on the system Generated Invoice) and Refusal to provide the paid Tow Vehicle upto my Local Residence in Bathinda resulted in Paying 3 times the Charges to an Outside Vendor causing me further Agony and Financial Loss.
Pl. Take Strict Action against the Concerned Officials for the Deficiency in Customer Service, Overcharging the Customer causing mental agony and Financial Loss to the loyal Customers like me who are having good faith on TATA for so long and Such Incidents shake the Faith and the Brand "TATA" will no more be the Loved One by the Masses.

I Recommend strict action against the Dealer Staff immediately otherwise I Shall be forced to knock at the Consumer Court for redressal of my Grievance regarding Wrong Estimation of Fault, Over Charging of Parking Charges despite Carrying out the initial Repairs, Willfully Not Providing the Tow Service causing Great Mental & Physical Harassment and Financial Loss to me.

Quote:

I Recommend strict action against the Dealer Staff immediately otherwise I Shall be forced to knock at the Consumer Court for redressal of my Grievance regarding Wrong Estimation of Fault, Over Charging of Parking Charges despite Carrying out the initial Repairs, Willfully Not Providing the Tow Service causing Great Mental & Physical Harassment and Financial Loss to me.
Sid, how does your friend already term it as a "wrong estimate"? Does he have solid proof, or another reputable garage's evaluation to believe so? Either ways, it's a simple case : He didn't believe the estimate and decided not to get the work done at that service center. Happens all the time. Sure, they could have waived the parking charges off, but this really isn't a case for the consumer court. Your friend needs to chill.