Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 5th November 2011, 23:41   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Damage Repair: For car or Fiat or Dealership !

Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
None of the Tata-Fiat Dealers are competent enough to handle Punto and Linea. I have documented my bad experiences with ABS Motors in various threads including my own ownership thread, the others including are not even worth a visit. In general i hate the 'Chalta hai' attitude of Tata workshop staff.

At ABS i have seen service advisors which know nothing about the cars write the job card, describing the issues in poor language no one could understand. Unfortunately that is the only way the mechanic working on the car will know about the issues a customer reported(reading the poorly described job card), since customers are not allowed in workshop to explain the issue in person to the person working on their car. Add to it the waiting lounge shared with Taxi drivers.
Actually I agree with every statement you have made. Ever since Elegant has shut down and the customers of Elegant have moved to Him Motors, the difference in attitude is apparent despite the fact that the same team services the cars.

Elegant was essentially a Fiat Service Centre that converted to Tata-Fiat in 2006. The customers would have a run of the whole workshop. In Him Motors, we have to wait in the waiting lounge (in Elegant, customers never bothered to go there as they spent their time in the workshop). The quality of washing is definitely poor as well. However, all said and done, it's the same mechanic and workshop manager handling the cars, so it's still okay.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote