Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 13:39   #1
BHPian

Angry Damage Repair: For car or Fiat or Dealership !

Hi Guys

I have been a proud owner of Fiat GP 90HP since last two and half months and I have done more than 5ooo kms in this duration. Needless to say, I enjoyed long drives and the ride quality of my new baby. I wanted to post an ownership thread so badly and was taking pictures of car regularly hoping to post it here but work have been keeping me very busy but a drunk, useless college boy and Dhingra Motors made me post this before the ownership thread.

I bought a car in Gurgaon and my Hometown is Jodhpur. So last time when I went to my home (in my lovely car), I thought I will get the first service done there itself. In the excitement of going home, I forgot that free service coupons are in a different booklet (unlike my previous car) and took only the manual with me only to find out at the service center gate (Marudhara Motors) that the coupon was missing. Knowing that it will be difficult for them to manage without the coupon (which I was ready to send them in a day or two by courier) I did not push them for any workarounds but what finally they said made me little upset, they said, had I bought the car from them, they would have done the service without the coupon. !!! anyway..that time I was at the lacking so did not bother much and enjoyed the car there .

After coming back I got appointment for service here in Gurgaon at Dhingra Motors but a day before that, while coming back from work around 9.30 PM, a useless drunk fellow hit my car with his crappy Alto at around 50 kmph from left side on front bumper, as he knew that it was completely his fault, he just ran away from there .. For someone who has sleepless nights over few scratches on car, it was a very bad experience, seeing his 2months old car struck badly, but thankfully, the car's body panels were completely intact, only the front bumper, headlight and fog lamp decided to part away from their home.

So I decided to get the damage repair done while the service only and never took out the car till that time. I gave them the car on 9th June and was committed a delivery time as 14th June. As it is only the third month of car and considering the general driving sense in NCR, i thought that claiming insurance makes more sense. The claim procedure was smooth and I really had to do nothing (insured with Furture Generelli) except filling up a form at the service center. For this service, I specifically mentioned that there is a irritating sound of chhrrr chhrrr from front passengerís seat whenever it is occupied and car go pass some rough patches of road.

The worst part of it started on 14th when I got a call that they had to send the car to body shop to bring back the chassis in alignment and can deliver the car only a day after. Next day I gave them a call, just to find out that it would take one more day. (not to mention, calling the service adviser many times and he cutting the call and not responding was a usual scene in those days) So on 16th evening i got there and saw that the work was still going on. I was little disappointed that it was very dirty from inside and outside and was apprehensive of the quality of work they would have done (but later, after two hours of wait, when the car was delivered, it was cleaned properly, so no complaints about that). Good thing was, while giving the car for repair, I forgot my music pen drive and sunglasses. I got back my sunglasses but I wasnít so lucky in case of pendrive.
Found out that the rear seat was not fitted back properly and asked them to correct it. They tried hard, even brought a hammer and struck some thing but the seats wouldn't go into its place. Then I intervened and checked the issue and found that the seat belt buckles were there beneath the seats good that I noticed it before the experts could complete the job successfully. I asked them about the front seat sound issue and to my surprise, they did not even look at that problem, as the person whom I had explained the issue was on leave from that day. I thought I would have to come back for this and was about to leave. Just that time some guy parked his car in front of me and was about to leave which made me to honk and holy crap!! The strong duel horn of my car was sounding like a Maruti 800 I got very annoyed and took the car back in the workshop. Till that time most of the persons had left the service centre. I explained the issue to person incharge there and they did try something and told me that issue is gone but still only one horn was doing the duty. The engine guard plate under the car was also misaligned, which they said that is normal for fiat cars (one end is higher than the other side). I had some argument as I was losing patience till that time and tried to explain them that it is difficult for me to come back for correcting these issues but nothing helped. I also noticed minute color difference in painted bumper and car body but was assured that if there is any difference in color, they will repaint the bumper.
Asked for a feedback form, filled it according to my experience (gave 10 on few accounts where they deserved) and gave it back, but looking like the other forms lying there, I am not sure if the original ones actually reaches their destination.
So with heavy heart and completely annoyed I started back. The low fuel alarm was constantly staring at me with yellow eyes and I was looking for fuel station (I really would not have mind the more that 10 ltrs of fuel consumed, had they resolved all the issues). At the fuel pump...To my utter shock, I saw the fender cover on the right side (the plastic part which covers the tyre in wheel arcs) was completely screwed up. Looked like they replaced the accidental part with new one on left side and put that on right side. Called up the service guy and he denied doing anything of that sort and tried to tell me that it would have become lose and might be touching the wheels, hence this would have happened. It wasnít the case as I am aware of each and every small scratch in my car and i do check everything in it regularly. Anyways, he asked me to come back next time to resort this. In all this wasnít a nice experience at service center, given that I was already thru pain of damaging my new car .
I will update this once I get some time off from work and get the things corrected.

Cheers
Dj

PS:Same thread has been posted on TeamFiat forum
dj_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th June 2011, 13:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Damage Repair: For car or Fiat or Dealership !

Ah, bad turn of events.

Try posting of pictures of the damaged area, probably members will help figuring out how the A.S.S. messed up and suggest corrective action.

Start sending mails to the Fiat/Tata Customer Care. Hopefully the dealer will get serious.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 18:33   #3
BHPian

Get some pictures as proofs before and after accident. Show it to the management person at the dealership. If this doesnt help, approaching Fiat is an option but you can expect delays from their end too.

You will need a detailed timeline records of all things said and done from the service station end. Proofs like service records/ challens is very crucial to prove your point.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 00:12   #4
BHPian

Thanks for your replies guys. Got few calls from Fiat (customer care as well as Dhingra Motors), provided them with the details and feedback on this. They promised to resolve the issues but I told them that I can only come during next week. Keeping my fingers crossed for better experience this time.

Cheers
Dj
Old 6th July 2011, 22:29   #5
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Damage Repair: For car or Fiat or Dealership !

HI folks
This weekend i got chance to visit the Dhingra Motors workshop for got rid of the irritants and new problems those guys created in my last visit. As I got few phone calls from FIAT and a mail from Workshop manager after my feedback of last visit, I was optimistic of better experience this time.
I reached there at scheduled time and spoke to service advisor and gave him a 14 point list (I prepared it before going there so that I do not forget any point). I explained him all the issues and showed the paint mismatch to workshop manager, he said that he will get the car washed properly and would see if there is any major difference and if it is there then they will get it repainted. I was promised the delivery time as 5PM.
Till afternoon I patiently waited for any call from them for any updates but it did not happen and I had to call them at 4.30 to check if the car was ready and after 3-4 calls, SA picked it up and asked me to come over (do not know why nobody receives the call in whole workshop, i have had the same experience with 5-6 people at Dhingra). As usual, the horror part started once I reached there. The car was not yet ready and I had to run behind SA for 2 hours to get the things done, I tried that this time there are no new issues but wasnít that lucky this time as well.
They did not even cleaned the car to check the color mismatch, infact, as per their usual practice, the car when returned, was cleaner when I handed it over to them. So nothing on bumper paintsí issue. The horn was replaced (later I realised that I was not given its invoice) but it still doesnít sound like the original one. I got the antenna changed and this was the only thing done without any hiccups. When I reached there, two persons were wrestling with the car to forcefully fit the fendor lining. After millions iterations, they concluded that the old broken one has to be refixed as the new one is not proper fit. I was in complete shock as how come a new original part doesnít fit in. Then one Mr. Expert came with an idea to fit it like one fit the tyre on wheels, leveraging with screw driver and he actually started doing it. I asked not to do it but he was determined to get the fendor lining fitted, even if he had to dent/break the metal body lining. I had to shout at him and literally forced him to get away from my car. Called up the manager and explained this to him. By this time, SA realised that it can only be done by a person who has done at least something on the cars and called a different mechanic who easily fit this in 5 flat minutes.
Till that time it was around 7.30-8 PM and most of the guys already left, so i did not get chance to check the work done as per 14 points list but realized that it really did not matter, seeing the skill level of people whom the car was assigned. So paid the money and got back.
After two days of this, I am still facing the rattling issue from glove box, chrr chrr sound from the passenger seat, infact this is magnified after those people tried to do something, if at all they tried. This is really annoying as while travelling to my work with colleagues, it sounds like a 10 years old car. There was some sound from driver side power window, which they corrected, but in their zeal to serve a customer better, they poured whole bottle of lubricant in that and for two days I was not able to see anything in R-ORVM as the window got so oily, needless to say, I am still enjoying the lubricant smell in the car.
I really do not know if I am being over demanding or they are just not bothered about rectifying the issues. And need to think now that how to overcome the issues which these guys have created, atleast the bumper color has to be corrected by these guys only.
Now I started feeling that should I really have listened to the people who warned me against buying the FIAT. I hope these irritants do not take away the fun of owning and driving the Punto.

Cheers
Dj
Old 6th July 2011, 22:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think you have to get rid of "Dhingra" motors first. Take the car to a different dealership.
I am sure that Bhpians will be able to provide list of competent A.S.S centers.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 16:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I think you have to get rid of "Dhingra" motors first. Take the car to a different dealership.
I am sure that Bhpians will be able to provide list of competent A.S.S centers.
DJ,

Try Autolinks Vasant Kunj. They do a decent job. The Autolinks Gurgaon workshop does not work on Fiats.
Do PM for details or phone numbers. Would be glad to assist you.
rideon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 16:37   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

You had to go to elegant motors. Its the price of owning these gems.

Anything else is a heartache.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 16:47   #9
BHPian

Like other BHP'ians suggested, take your car to another dealer/workshop. Things just might get better. I faced a similar issue with the Linea when i had a small niggling issue. The first service shop was lousy. All i did was go to another workshop and things worked like a charm. More on this in my ownership thread (which i am yet to create )

Secondly, if you happen to receive a call from Fiat asking for feedback, give a poor rating. And then see how things materialize. Atleast it worked for me.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 17:11   #10
BHPian

Aaaah!! Another Fiat sob story. I hope that you find a better dealer who can take care of your issues. Good product extremely bad service. I have owned a Palio previously and it was definitely better when Fiat had their own workshops. Atleast the people knew their job.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 09:08   #11
BHPian

Thanks buddies for your replies. Once I get the bumper color issue fixed, I will definitely go to a different (hopefully better) workshop for oil change, which I plan to get done at 8000 Kms.

Cheers
Dj
Old 19th July 2011, 08:19   #12
BHPian

I hope you've realized not to ever set foot on dhingra Motors again. Anyhow some Service stations can be like that, but my ownership experience with Malik Cars in Hyderabad has been really good. Tata has now assigned separate service advisors for Fiat cars and as of late, they are really doing a great job in servicing cars.
krreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:46   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delayed update on this but finally the dealership inspected the paint again and agreed to repaint the bumper. I got it done on just a day before my last day in Gurgaon. This time no complaints regarding the color but the alignment of bumper and bonut could have been better.

Now I have come to Mumbai, so hopefully that was the last time I visited Dhingra motors, Gurgaon.

Regards
Dj
Old 5th November 2011, 22:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
Now I have come to Mumbai, so hopefully that was the last time I visited Dhingra motors, Gurgaon.
Some Fiat Service Centres are better than others. But Dhingra is considered totally avoidable by most people in NCR.

It is my suggestion to you and others that they should do some R&D on this website and others before taking the car to a service centre, unless there is a dire emergency.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 22:42   #15
Team-BHP Support

None of the Tata-Fiat Dealers are competent enough to handle Punto and Linea. I have documented my bad experiences with ABS Motors in various threads including my own ownership thread, the others including are not even worth a visit. In general i hate the 'Chalta hai' attitude of Tata workshop staff.

At ABS i have seen service advisors which know nothing about the cars write the job card, describing the issues in poor language no one could understand. Unfortunately that is the only way the mechanic working on the car will know about the issues a customer reported(reading the poorly described job card), since customers are not allowed in workshop to explain the issue in person to the person working on their car. Add to it the waiting lounge shared with Taxi drivers.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote