Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd April 2015, 15:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 1 year service at 7500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
I'm due to get my Vento Tsi serviced. It is the first service after 1 year of purchase. I'm being told by Volkswagen Alandur that the total cost will come to 11000/- because they plan to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter. I was also told that if I don't get this done then my future warranties will not be honoured since these changes are mandatory!

Anyone has any inputs please?
They do change all that in the first (15k) service. My Vento TSI went in for first service yesterday. They also changed the pollen filter and topped up the coolant. I was charged on a volume used basis for both the engine oil and coolant. Total cost Rs. 12,044 with wheel alignment and balancing. Two minor gripes I have are the 200-odd bucks charged for the wiper fluid and the fact that they deleted my phone from the bluetooth settings of the music system and added their own!
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:18   #77
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

Can the Vento users upload their bill scans/snaps here? 12k seems a bit high. Or are the labour rates different for sedans and hatchbacks? The GTs get serviced for under 10k IINM inclusive of wheel balancing and alignment.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:09   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Can the Vento users upload their bill scans/snaps here? 12k seems a bit high. Or are the labour rates different for sedans and hatchbacks? The GTs get serviced for under 10k IINM inclusive of wheel balancing and alignment.
I don't have the bills right now. I told my alandur dealer that VW Mt.road was doing the same thing at 9k and he should match it (a fact.) and therefore the Alandur fellow changed my total bill to 8.6k instead of 12k. I said no to wheel alignment as well. I hope to get it done from elsewhere.

I'll post the bill if I find it.
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 15:07   #79
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post the same message across multiple threads. This is tantamount to spamming. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 8th April 2015 at 15:21.
abhinavb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 18:45   #80
BHPian

Default Vento Petrol 2nd Service

Vento Petrol 2nd Service Update
VW Moti Nagar @ 14700 Kms. 2013 1.6 Petrol

1. Paid Service Labour Charges: 2223
2. E.Oil-Castrol 5W40 3.6 Ltrs : 2820
3. Oil Filter : 596
4. Air Filter : 311
5. AC Filter : 590
6. Drain Plug : 148
7. Spark Plugs(Replaced All 4) : 1131
8. Pressure Lock : 145
9. Battery Water : 36
10.Coolant 0.2 Ltrs : 132

Total Including Taxes Rs.9082/-

The bill stands at 9k after I struck off almost 60% of the work the SA initially started off with in the job card. The following work was refused by me:
1. Tyre Rotation/Balancing/Alignment.
2. Synthetic Lubrication
3. Interior Drycleaning
4. Surface Refinement
5. Silicon Spray
6. Air Contioner Reniger***
7. AntiGlare Treatment
ScorpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:53   #81
DRC
BHPian

2nd Service update:

This time, VW behaved! No tantrums about un-necessary checks, polishes etc..
I reminded the last years bad experience, and they made all efforts to make the experience better. I am impressed.

All work done up to scratch..
I had asked not to polish interiors- Taken care
I had asked for no wheel alignment, balancing - Taken care.
Mentioned about some sort of noise dfrom clutch pedal, Attended to but not fully resolved.

The bill came out to 10.5K, which is reasonable.

To top it, they took a feed back at the end of service, took pictures of a happy customer, and bid bye with a small gift..
I am pinching myself!
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 11:15   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermód View Post
They had me waiting in the service station for 5 hours yesterday just to pick up the car, even after i arrived 2 hours later than the stated pickup time. While I was waiting and watching they did a pretty half-arsed job of cleaning. They hadn't even done the wheel alignment before sending it for washing.

Next time I think I should try a different service centre, although considering this is Bangalore I have a hunch they'll all be as bad.
Sounds like we share the same experience, unfortunately! I have tried the one near electronic city - exact same thing. Waited for one hour or more just to get the car. They didn't do half of what I asked them to but I just took the car and left that forsaken place. Gave a pretty bad feedback over the vw feedback call.

Next up was the one near K R Puram. Had the whole bonnet of the car covered with swirl marks after I asked them to give it a 3M coat! (Yes I am stupid and lazy to let them polish it in the first place instead of visiting Sidhu bhai) But after a bit of coaxing and shouting, it was done again during a follow up visit. On the whole, I would choose this one over the one near electronic city even though I stay near BTM.

My advice is to let them take a day extra to service your car but let them do it when they can.
Never collect your car after sundown.
Make the SC correct the things they goofed up on and try to stick to the same place if you can. Things will fall in place.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th July 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Correcting quotes and shifting to relevant thread. :)
Saint_Krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015, 13:08   #83
BHPian

Hello Volks (read folks),
Recently I had given my vento 1.5 tdi MT, for 7.5K check-up at VW Navsari. One point to mention here that VW Navsari ASS has received the highest rating for customer satisfaction ('CSS' score as they call it) in India. This has happened only after Mr. Umesh, the head service adviser here, has joined. A very kind fellow with humble nature.

Coming to my experience, I was facing a problem with my vento while braking at high speeds. There were vibrations felt on brake pedal and steering wheel when I was braking at speeds around 100 kmph on my highway runs.
The problem was with the hub and bearings, they were not perfect on the right side. The readings showed the hub run out. Mr. Umesh without any fuss started the replacement procedure for the whole assembly which included discs, hub and hub-bearing on both sides. The brake pads are as it is.

The car stayed in their work-shop for a night. The next day it got up, regular check-up was done, the assembly got replaced after the noon. It didn't eat anything because the engine oil level was fine. Finally in the evening it took a good shampoo bath, got clean inside out and voila it was ready to be taken home.

The bill documents are yet to be received because of the warranty claims, but I didn't have to pay any amount. The whole experience was very smooth and somehow it didn't feel like a VW service center. The Staff ably led by Mr. Umesh was very professional. I couldn't find any reason for them to not be number one in the rating mentioned above.

Thanks and regards
Chirag.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 19:39   #84
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So my Vento has suddenly been knocking a lot more in the mornings and today it vibrated on releasing of the clutch pedal. I have given the car for service. He has told me that I need to install the "engine adaption" which is for 2200 bucks. Is this legit? He has been pushing me for this since the past 3-4 weeks. I have no idea what this adaption is.

Any urgent help would be really appreciated !
kartavya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 05:37   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Any urgent help would be really appreciated !
This is also known as MFMA, this is run via the vag com and this checks and then adjusts the injector timings to solve any knocking/clattering noise. Just a software thing so 2200 seems too high for it as it is just a 30 minute job once they connect your car to the computer. Is your car out of warranty/extended warranty, if it is in warranty then this should be done free of cost.

After the MFMA is done, the software also tells if any injector is faulty so keep an eye out for it. 1.6 TDi engines have faced a lot of injector failures including my Vento. MFMA along with a latest software flash fixes the knocking noise.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 12:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
This is also known as MFMA, this is run via the vag com and this checks and then adjusts the injector timings to solve any knocking/clattering noise. Just a software thing so 2200 seems too high for it as it is just a 30 minute job once they connect your car to the computer. Is your car out of warranty/extended warranty, if it is in warranty then this should be done free of cost.

After the MFMA is done, the software also tells if any injector is faulty so keep an eye out for it. 1.6 TDi engines have faced a lot of injector failures including my Vento. MFMA along with a latest software flash fixes the knocking noise.
Got it done for 2250, but the car definitely feels way better. I had to get it fixed since its due for a long trip and din't want any issues. It was out of warranty sadly :(. Right now the knocking has disappeared, but I will wait to start the car as it was most evident in the mornings.

Got everything checked from the battery (which is still holding good 4.5 years down the line !) to the fluids.
kartavya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 16:33   #87
BHPian

Is there a clear service schedule (list of items to be checked / tuned / replaced / cleaned etc.) available for the Vento? I own a new Vento TDI DSG with just around 2 months of ownership, and wanted to see the kind of table that I have seen in other car manuals (e.g., Maruti) with clear list of items that needed to be checked at each service.
execve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 17:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post
Is there a clear service schedule (list of items to be checked / tuned / replaced / cleaned etc.) available for the Vento? I own a new Vento TDI DSG with just around 2 months of ownership, and wanted to see the kind of table that I have seen in other car manuals (e.g., Maruti) with clear list of items that needed to be checked at each service.
Download the VW service app. It's a lousy app and you need to fiddle with it to get some information. The list is found under
' Tips and offers' > 'Service'

Last edited by Turbohead : 25th November 2015 at 17:04.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 11:44   #89
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post
I brought up this very issue with VW when A.S.S asked me to replace the brake pads. It is not listed like Maruthi does..

VW responded saying they'll make sure to have the charts displayed on the service centers. And, voila, Last time when I visited the Service center, there were charts.
DRC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 12:18   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Download the VW service app. It's a lousy app and you need to fiddle with it to get some information. The list is found under
' Tips and offers' > 'Service'
Thank you! It truly is hidden - wow service schedule hidden under Tips and Offers! However it is very brief - and clearly not a complete list. This being my first diesel, I wanted to check things a bit more carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I brought up this very issue with VW when A.S.S asked me to replace the brake pads. It is not listed like Maruthi does..

VW responded saying they'll make sure to have the charts displayed on the service centers. And, voila, Last time when I visited the Service center, there were charts.
I will also try to get it from VW, thanks for the lead. Will share here if I do manage to get it.
execve is offline   Reply With Quote