Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 14:54   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: KA 53/KL 9
Posts: 259
Thanked: 124 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should verify the authenticity of this quote your friend received by talking to somebody from VW Palace Cross. If possible, take a print out and sit down with the manager/executive there and see if they are able to correct the prices. Even a reduction of Rs.1000 or more warrants for a complaint to the Dakshin/Downtown Group. I simply cant seem to accept the price for a single alloy wheel to be 15k/19k.

Down Down Downtown !
Xryder, the experience of my friend, I quoted here was in March 2011, as I had mentioned in my initial post in this thread. So it is over and a bit old story. And when he questioned them at that time, they just reduced their quote from 15K to 1.5 K stating that they thought the car had alloys.

If import was the reason for this higher price, then only alloys are imported, not the steel rims? Steel rims pricing seem comparable to other car manufacturers, right? Funny.

Cheers
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 21st July 2011 at 14:56.
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 14:54   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should verify the authenticity of this quote your friend received by talking to somebody from VW Palace Cross. If possible, take a print out and sit down with the manager/executive there and see if they are able to correct the prices. Even a reduction of Rs.1000 or more warrants for a complaint to the Dakshin/Downtown Group. I simply cant seem to accept the price for a single alloy wheel to be 15k/19k.

Down Down Downtown !

why dont one of you call up a local dealer anywhere in india, and tell them "I need to replace my steel rims with alloys quickly.Should i get the car now?how much time, and how much cash?or do you take cards?"

Is what i used to crosscheck when i was new to ford.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st July 2011 at 14:55.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 15:55   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,892
Thanked: 9,729 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

I see Skoda alloys being sold for around 12k each at the service centre. Steel ones will not be more that a couple of thousand each
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:38   #34
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
why dont one of you call up a local dealer anywhere in india, and tell them "I need to replace my steel rims with alloys quickly.Should i get the car now?how much time, and how much cash?or do you take cards?"

Is what i used to crosscheck when i was new to ford.
My friend tried this at VW Secunderabad. He has a Vento Petrol Trendline. He was quoted 19k for 1 alloy.

On top of that, they informed him that brake pads and some related stuff needs to be repalced as he moving to 15'' wheels. I refuse to buy this part but just in case i am wrong, can someone point on the logic behind this?

BTW, I have asked him to buy the alloys outside and not worry about the brakes?
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:40   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Just coming back to shoddy practice by Downtown VW :-
I am not sure whether this can be categorized to it, but just asking this for my clarity.
When I went to book my car there, they told me that "for insurance, you MUST go with our recommended companies. Either with Bajaj allianze or with ICICI. You (ie. I) cannot go with a insurance company of your choice."

Is this true? Cant I go with insurance companies that charges me less? Are they trying to make some quick bucks here?
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:46   #36
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
You (ie. I) cannot go with a insurance company of your choice." Is this true? Cant I go with insurance companies that charges me less? Are they trying to make some quick bucks here?
@anToNIcHeN - AFAIK, the dealer makes a neat margin on insurance for new cars hence he tries to victimize gullible people. As a matter of fact to verify the same ask the dealer for the insurance cost and then check the same with other insurance companies you'll see the difference.

You are free to choose any insurance company.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Government uncovers huge service tax fraud in car insurance rubicon Indian Car Loans & Insurance 1 19th August 2015 01:16
Insurance fraud by Grace Toyota, Gurgaon .Albatross. Indian Car Loans & Insurance 12 11th July 2013 21:39
Beware of Fraud Insurance Agents - My experience with Reliance General Insurance panga007 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 4 17th February 2010 21:46
Downtown Hyundai - Acting Suspiciously adityamunshi Indian Car Dealerships 16 20th November 2008 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks