Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 21st July 2011, 23:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My experience with VW Service Centre - VW Secunderabad

@Windsurfer

You should also provide a link to the other VW thread. Let them know its time they tighten up all their service centers.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Windsurfer

You should also provide a link to the other VW thread. Let them know its time they tighten up all their service centers.
Yes, I realized that later but i had reported this through their website, so cannot edit it now. I will add this to further communication that I will have with VW. But somehow, I am not feeling very confident about VW doing something about this.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But somehow, I am not feeling very confident about VW doing something about this.
You should meet the GM of that showroom and escalate this issue. Thats what i did with my sales experience and the GM met me in person.

Ask the GM for VW contact numbers in Germany or post your issues in the facebook page.

Let the world know as there are many people following the facebook page.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
You should meet the GM of that showroom and escalate this issue. Thats what i did with my sales experience and the GM met me in person.

Ask the GM for VW contact numbers in Germany or post your issues in the facebook page.

Let the world know as there are many people following the facebook page.
I am somehow reminded about my FIAT/TATA days

I spoke to Service manager and now I have given the feedback to VW. I am expecting that GM/Service manager to call me back for this issue when VW cascades the feedback to them. If that does not happen, I really don't want to drag it further. I simply don't have time for this and neither is this car a Palio Sport which I was passionate about.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:09   #20
BHPian

Update : Service Manager called me this morning and apologized for this. He informed me that they are improving the process for better quality and inspection. Let's see how true is this.

Last edited by windsurfer : 23rd July 2011 at 16:16.
Old 25th July 2011, 18:52   #21
BHPian

Sorry about the late posting but here is the invoice for the repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
My experience with VW Service Centre - VW Secunderabad-invoice.jpg  

Old 26th July 2011, 10:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Update : Service Manager called me this morning and apologized for this. He informed me that they are improving the process for better quality and inspection. Let's see how true is this.

Replace the name VW with any other brand, be it a car or otherwise, this is a standard reply. Nothing really happens, VW might call in and apologize for all the trouble caused to you and will assure you that this will not be repeated in future and that action is being taken against the A.S.S. and the call will end on a happy note.

God Forbid, if your car meets with some accident in future, you will have to go through the same ordeal again

The problem lies with the appointment of the A.S.S. Today the sole criterion for appointment of a showroom is space, you show the company land, they will appoint you a dealer. The level of competence at the A.S.S. is getting worse by each appointment, people just do understand that these modern vehicle require a certain level of competency to deal with, which all A.S.S lack today.

Do escalate the matter, put it across to the Department of Consumer Affairs and also the Department of Road Transport and Highways http://pgportal.gov.in

Please understand the reason for this escalation : all MNCs come to India as ours is a blooming economy, but at the same time they know well that consumer laws in India are on the backfoot and very weak, they need to be taught a lesson. These Autocos need to understand that they cannot get away by cheating customers in India.

You face any issue, put it across to the Government of India through the mentioned link, when the Govt. intervenes these companies will pull up their socks sooner than later. Give it s shot, things will improve for better. Let us be the change we want to see!!!!
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 11:32   #23
BHPian

Saurab,

I agree with you completely. However, I have sent them the feedback and I expect them to act upon it. I also understand, that is very easy for VW to sweep it under the carpet. But, that will only make things more horrible. Look at Skoda India. I have made sure that 5 people in my office do not buy a Skoda. This has come from horrible stories about Skoda on Team-bhp. Of course, FIAT is next but not as bad as Skoda.

At the same time, I understand everybody can make a mistake so I am letting this go here if they replace the sump cover which is pending. I have agreed to pay for 50% cost also as it would have been the case if I had got it replaced with Insurance claim.

I was a die hard fan of FIAT. FIAT has fabulous cars and I cannot imagine buying any other car in India (Linea was obvious choice for me). But, FIAT forced me to move to another brand (because of their horrible service). If VW also repeats the same service horror story, they are hurting themselves. Off late, Customer is doing lot of research and sites like Team-bhp is helping even novice customer choose the right brand. VW cannot keep playing the premium card and not live up to it.

In the long run, I feel it's VW choice - improve or go the Skoda, India way.

Last edited by windsurfer : 26th July 2011 at 11:39.