Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 10th October 2011, 10:43   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Struggles to Sell and a buyer struggles to buy a Fiat as well

I am glad you got the car! Congrats!

I tried calling VST motors 5 times for a test drive (and even went to the showroom couple of times) when TJet was launched, and they did not even call me back. I went ahead and got a Honda City for my father.

Fiat has a tendency to send its fans away in very unique ways :-)

I am happy for you though! Have fun with the jet!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 11:13   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Sure. But, you may not have PM facility until you complete at least 25 posts. Raise your questions in this forum and I would be glad to answer you.
have you fitted a rear-view sensor or camera on your linea? any pros & cons. am being told that the rear view camera can weigh down the rear view mirror esp. when in up & down bumps making it an uneasy fit. in my opinion, the above maybe true esp. because this is a retro-fit not an integrated .. so am caught in double mind if I should do away with sensor/camera.

really need to talk 2 you, ... not sure, if this is right question to ask .. (with privacy policy etc). if its within the etiquette pl. email a hello note to wanna.be.elite.of@gmail.com .. so we can t ouch base offline. cannot think of 25 posts, without wasting the space.
wannabe-elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 11:41   #63
BHPian

They are the most stupid manufacturer/brand of cars. My experience from this Saturday - Me, wife and sis went to check out the Punto (I have no idea what went through my head). This was after checking out in detail the Brio, Beat, Swift and Figo etc. This car would primarily be for my sister for driving around in Pune and we want a diesel.

1. We drove to Pandit Auto at Tilak road in Pune in my car and I asked the gate wala to open the gate. He closed the gate says you will have to park somewhere else since parking is full. I looked around and there was more than enough parking space inside. I shouted at the old man saying if you dont let me in I am not coming back at all. This is when I tried to drive in my Laura. He then said okay okay I'll give you parking and within 30 seconds there were 3 spots available. Disgusted we parked and walked inside.

2. Then inside we sat in a Punto and were playing around with the stalks and probably switched on the lights. They were parking lights. Immediately one rude salesman came and asked us to switch off the lights. No one asked for what we want, why we were there or how we could be helped. Just this "Switch of the lights" and then slammed the door on us as we sat inside.

Already disgusted from the parking thing, we were totally disgusted by the attitude and we had just come to FIAT after looking at the Brio from Honda, dealer staff was like Le Meridian in Honda. Sadly it's just pathetic at FIAT. God help if anyone buys it and has to talk to pathetic A.S.S to get the issues resolved.

Needless to say, we are never going to FIAT again and the perception that they are not a very easy brand to deal with is actually true. You dont have to be a team-bhpian to know that. My wife told me that and so did my dad. And they are just a practical bunch of people who think from there head and want trouble free motoring at the end of the day.

Plus we have had some bad experience with Matiz (the car is great) since the company closed down and we had no place to service the car. I dont believe in small mechanics at all to service the car, I believe you need an authorised service station at some point in time. You can't do without them. FIAT you never know would close down or stop production. With 120 Linea's a month, you don't have to be Einstein to understand that. No matter what they talk about going solo, launching new cars like Uno and Panda and opening newer exclusive dealerships, Daewoo also did that just a few months they went bankrupt completely. No FIAT bashing this, just use your head.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 10th October 2011 at 11:44.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 13:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
They are the most stupid manufacturer/brand of cars. My experience from this Saturday - Me, wife and sis went to check out the Punto (I have no idea what went through my head). This was after checking out in detail the Brio, Beat, Swift and Figo etc. This car would primarily be for my sister for driving around in Pune and we want a diesel.

1. We drove to Pandit Auto at Tilak road in Pune in my car and I asked the gate wala to open the gate. He closed the gate says you will have to park somewhere else since parking is full. I looked around and there was more than enough parking space inside. I shouted at the old man saying if you dont let me in I am not coming back at all. This is when I tried to drive in my Laura. He then said okay okay I'll give you parking and within 30 seconds there were 3 spots available. Disgusted we parked and walked inside.

2. Then inside we sat in a Punto and were playing around with the stalks and probably switched on the lights. They were parking lights. Immediately one rude salesman came and asked us to switch off the lights. No one asked for what we want, why we were there or how we could be helped. Just this "Switch of the lights" and then slammed the door on us as we sat inside.

Already disgusted from the parking thing, we were totally disgusted by the attitude and we had just come to FIAT after looking at the Brio from Honda, dealer staff was like Le Meridian in Honda. Sadly it's just pathetic at FIAT. God help if anyone buys it and has to talk to pathetic A.S.S to get the issues resolved.

Needless to say, we are never going to FIAT again and the perception that they are not a very easy brand to deal with is actually true. You dont have to be a team-bhpian to know that. My wife told me that and so did my dad. And they are just a practical bunch of people who think from there head and want trouble free motoring at the end of the day.

Plus we have had some bad experience with Matiz (the car is great) since the company closed down and we had no place to service the car. I dont believe in small mechanics at all to service the car, I believe you need an authorised service station at some point in time. You can't do without them. FIAT you never know would close down or stop production. With 120 Linea's a month, you don't have to be Einstein to understand that. No matter what they talk about going solo, launching new cars like Uno and Panda and opening newer exclusive dealerships, Daewoo also did that just a few months they went bankrupt completely. No FIAT bashing this, just use your head.
abhi, this is really a bad experience. But, also understand that this is not entirely the fault of the manufacturer. This is the Indian way of customer service. The problem is entirely with the dealer. For your information, I can list down my experiences with other manufacturers before I bought Linea.

Dealer 1:

I called Volkswagen Chennai (A dealer at Nandanam) to inquire about Vento. Here's the conversation.

Dealer:- Petrol or Diesel?
Me:- Diesel. I am looking for Vento TDI Highline.
Dealer:- It will cost 10.98 OTR.
Me:- How about any discount? Any waiting?
Dealer:- No discounts. Waiting is 6 months. (He hung the phone immediately).

They were not kind enough to provide a TD or ask my name or contact number.

Dealer 2:

Walked into Khivraj Motors (Chevy Dealer) to inquire on Magnum TCDI. I was received well and was directly introduced to their Manager. After some conversation he asked about what are the other cars I am looking for. I told Fiat Linea. Since then, he started his pessimistic talk about Fiat and didn't not explain me a single positive of Magnum .

Dealer 3:

Walked into Express Hyundai (Sholinganallur). The security guy did not allow us park our vehicle inside the dealers premises. We parked our vehicle outstide and went in. Our main agenda to go there was to get a TD immediately for the Verna CRDI. We got a shocker from the SA that they don't have any TD for the Verna. I have to book the car and wait for 3-4 months for delivery. We said good bye and left the showroom. Again, they wasn't bothered to get our name or contact details.

Dealer 4:

Walked into Capital Honda in Meenambakkam, Chennai. For the initial 15-20 minutes no one attended me eventhough I was looking at the new Jazz and the City again and again. Finally, one SA turned up. I opened the bonnet of the City and just told him that the engine bay is so free and can easily fit in a bigger engine. Can you guess what would have been the reply of the SA? He told me that its kept free for better cooling of Engine .

My point is that 99% of the SA's at all the dealerships may not be as knowledgeble as us. We have to make a informed decision on buying a car after knowning all pros and cons. For me, I was happy with the service rendered by Fiat for my Punto and only then zeroed in on Linea. VST Motors, Chennai (Tata-Fiat Dealer) wasn't bad at all when I compare them with the VW dealer in Chennai.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 00:10   #65

How is the Fiat dealer in thane, any ideas? Was looking to finalize Punto MJD between Fortune and Balaji.
sandip1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 13:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Another Mad Fiat Fan. Happy that you at last earned your Bournville. Wish you good luck. Hats off to your love for a wonderful car.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote