Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th September 2011, 09:04   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Started paying EMIs, but MGF Hyundai still not delivering my Verna Fluidic CRDi S

I was in a similar situation in 2009 when I had booked a Getz CRDI. The dealer gave me all despatch details and the VIN details of the car and asked me to clear the balance payment. After the loan was disbursed I found that all details given by him was wrong. My EMI started and there was no information about the car neither from the dealer nor the company whom I was following up. Even the regional head a Korean was least bothered to reply to my queries. After two Months I cancelled my booking and it took another month to sort out all bank issues and get all the EMI's reversed.

Learnt a lesson not to pay unless you physically see the car.
kiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 09:26   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Started paying EMIs, but MGF Hyundai still not delivering my Verna Fluidic CRDi S

Got a mail from MGF Hyundai.its as follows.....

Dear Sir,

Please accept our sincere thanks for showing your keen
interest in our
fluidic Verna Diesel version.

As you are probably aware, fludic Verna especially the diesel variant has
received overwhelming response for bookings much beyond
our expectation and much before it could be released. The bookings
multiplied massively by many folds. This has led to the production
congestion and called for rescheduling the production program, the result of
which is a long waiting period.

We understand your eagerness to have the vehicle but due to certain
unavoidable circumstances that are beyond our control its becoming
difficult to stick to our delivery dates. Our principals are doing their
best in improving the situation. Further as the production increases, delays

would get curtailed when we shall be giving you the delivery schedule more
to the accuracy.

While we apologize sincerely for the inordinate delay we thank you once
again for patronizing Hyundai products and for your patience. We are
fully confident that the fludic Verna would exceed your expectations and
prove your wait to be worthwhile.

Thanking you,
regards,
Customer Relations Manager
MGF Hyundai
garyjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 10:31   #33
BHPian

A lot of nice words but the fact is greed blinded their promise to their customer. I will never buy a car from a manufacturer who makes you wait for more than a month than promised. In my case it was Maruti back in 2007.
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 10:34   #34
BHPian

now they have even increased the price of verna sx diesel by 18k
Old 20th September 2011, 10:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything you can do to get the money back? Cancel the loan. Possible?
Contact Bank. If it doesn't work contact banking ombudsman.
IMHO the Bank shouldn't have wired the money across before the car was ready for delivery.

Also the the extra expense of 18K after price increase will have to be borne by you. Unless the dealer agrees to waive it. If you d go ahead with the purchase of this car the dealer should give you the car for the old price, as a goodwill gesture for troubling you.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

The documents attached clearly mentions that "tentative delivery WITHIN 40 days. So obviously, the delivery is promised at max 40 days. The dealer is at fault here for promising such overly ambitious delivery timeline.

The other thing that amuses me, is how can ICICI bank disburse the loan with the insurance cover note, engine no, chassis no of the car along with other details. IMO these are required before the disbursing of the loan amount to the dealer.
Atleast, SBI bank follows this, but can't say about the private banks.

I would say, until Jacob agreed for early disbursement in writing(might be mentioned in the agreement), the bank and dealer is at fault here clearly.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:46   #37
BHPian

guys i had no clue of the bank releasing the amount until the dealer called up asking if we released the amount.thats when i called up the bank to find out.thats when the executive told me that they released the amount since they cant keep the amount with them after loan is sanctioned.i was so pissed off tht i just blasted him for not letting me know of any of this before hand.what else can i do???
Old 20th September 2011, 12:46   #38
BHPian

got a mail from hyundai now.

Dear Customer,
We thank you for writing to Hyundai Customer Care.
Please note that we are in receipt of your e-mail, we shall be advising our concerned Regional Office to coordinate with our dealer to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be hearing from our Dealer / Area Office within 3 working days. Please bear with us till such time.
In case you are not contacted within 3 working days, you may contact our Regional Offices from Monday to Friday between 8 am till 6 pm at :-

HMIL East1 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Priyanka 033-40060045-49
(West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar) Sales Support Ms. Preeti 033-40060045-49

HMIL East 2 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Rukamani 0361-2466173
(North East) Sales Support Ms. Angananath 0361-2466173

HMIL North Regional Office Service Support Ms. Neetu 0172-6605000
(Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, J& K) Sales Support Ms. Harpreet 0172-6605000

HMIL Central 1 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Jayshree 011-41678800
(Delhi & NCR, Rohtak, Rajasthan) Sales Support Ms. Aparna 011-41678800

HMIL Central 2 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Nishu 0522-6714600
(Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttaranchal) Sales Support Ms. Aankhi 0522-6714600

HMIL South 1 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Latha 044-42204623
(Tamil Nadu, Kerala, A & N, Hassan, Bangalore, Shimonga,Mysore, Tumkur, Chickmanglur, Davangere ) Sales Support Ms. Avanti 044-42204632

HMIL South 2 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Shivani 040-64631130
(Andhra Pradesh, Rest Karnataka) Sales Support Ms. Parimala 040-64631130

HMIL West Regional Office Service Support Ms. Swapna 022-40969000
(Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh) Sales Support Ms. Juanita 022-40969000

For any queries/complaints on product and service you may also reach us at our 24X7 Customer Care Toll Free Number: 1800-11-4645 (From MTNL/BSNL) or 9873564645 from others.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best possible services at all times.
Regards,
Hyundai Customer Care, India
Old 20th September 2011, 13:39   #39
BHPian

I dont understand how they can pay (loan) for a car that does not exit or is still in assembly lines.
AFAIK , the dealer need to submit the final invoice (with vin and model details ) along with the request to the bank to release the payment.

When i booked my car with ford the initial DOD was given as two weeks and that kept on increasing while i have made arrangements for loan within a week from sbi .The delearship gives a date and asks me to pay up for which i politely replied let me see the car first.
At last after 2 and half months of waiting i saw the vehicle and signed document instructing the bank to release the payments.
So i believe there is a document that instructs the bank to make the payment.
But the case was different when we went to book a WagonR ,all the documents are filed together and the SA asks to sign everything at booking time which i believe includes the instructions for loan disbursal if exists.
But we gave a strong verbal warning that they should not request the bank to release the money upfront unless we see the car.

Important : Donot believe any delears as they are only there to make money and do not have any ethics.

Last edited by bullboy : 20th September 2011 at 13:43.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

This Experience is Different for me. When i took a loan from IOB (Indian Overseas Bank), It was like this (In 2007)

On Road Car price : 4,12,000
Advance: 1,12,000
Loan: 3,00,000

We opened a Savings account (auto debit) in IOB and signed an agreement to Auto-Debit. The loan was processed for 3 lacs and approved, and the bank was courteous to request us to deposit that 1,12,000 in the savigs account and they told they would issue a bankers cheque for the complete 4,12,000, which is the on-road price of the car.

The cheque was handed over to me and i was free to give it to the dealer at my wish (Within 15 days) I purchased a santro, so it was available over the table.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 20th September 2011 at 14:02.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:47   #41
BHPian

finally got the call from the dealer saying they will give me the 1.6 crdi model instead of the crdi sx.cant wait any more longer so decided to take the offer.they told me car mite get delivered in a day or two s time and that it has already been dispatched from the factory.the sales manager took it in writing that we are agreeing for the crdi version.gave us the engine number etc.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjacob View Post
finally got the call from the dealer saying they will give me the 1.6 crdi model instead of the crdi sx.cant wait any more longer so decided to take the offer.they told me car mite get delivered in a day or two s time and that it has already been dispatched from the factory.the sales manager took it in writing that we are agreeing for the crdi version.gave us the engine number etc.
Thats great news @gary. And you are not losing much - you can go for aftermarket alloys while the electrically fold-able outside mirrors aren't that big a deal.
But do check up the VIN number and perform a full-fledged PDI before you accept the car - just to confirm there is absolutely no possibility he's handing you a TD or damaged car.

Also the forum has only a few Fluidic Verna ownership reviews - do put up on one for your car!
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 09:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjacob View Post
Congrats on the news, so whats the difference in price for this change in variant, i guess since the full payment has already gone to dealer and there would be some diff you can get some accessories fixed
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:22   #44

Hi,

Am posting this for a friend who has had a similar experience with Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. He currently drives a 2008 Verna and after test driving the Fluidic Verna, decided to go in for the SX variant. He made an initial payment of Rs 1 lakh in cash on 4th May 2011. They had committed to deliver the car within a 45 day window ie by 19th June 2011. They did not honor this commitment, and said that due to high demand, Hyundai had asked them to give priority to bookings made with full payment. Also said that if he made the remaining payment they could deliver the car within 1 month. He then arranged for a loan of Rs 6,43,184 and also pulled out Rs 3,00,000 from his savings and paid this together on 27th July 2011.

Till date all he has heard from them is "The SX and SX-O are being made in fewer numbers, your car will be the first one in the next lot"

He has sent multiple emails to the MD, Head- Sales and Customer Care. The only difference is that Popular Hyundai has agreed to pay the EMIs from July 27th. However, if he just needed interest he could have saved the hassle and just invested it for better returns.

I last heard that he has scheduled a test drive for the new Ford Fiesta
anup996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 19:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Default EMI started but car not delivered yet by Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai

Hi guys,

A friend of mine had booked a Petrol Hyundai I20 in Aug 2014 from Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai and was promised delivery by 22 sep.A booking amount of Rs 10K was given and loan was taken from HDFC.

Now the bank somehow failed to ask my friend before disbursing the loan amount and now the dealer has received the full amount for the car but not has yet delivered the said vehicle and keeps giving excuses like in 10 more days etc .

On top of all this my the bank has started the EMI and my friend had a cut in her paycheck (auto debit) for the monthly amount without even receiving the car.I have read ( on a similar thread on team-bhp) that the bank is suppose to disburse the loan only after receiving the vehicle registration details etc please correct me if i am wrong.

Kindly suggest what sort of action my friend should take and against whom, the bank or the dealer ?

Thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote