Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd October 2011, 10:58   #1
Default AutoGas India Gurgaon:Lovato CNG/LPG kits importer:Stay away,Unethical & inefficient.

Name of (Failed) Installer: Autogas India, Near MDI Gurgaon.
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic @ 39000 kms

Was in search of a CNG installer who can provide a kit for a BMC Air intake +FFEed Civic.
Couple of known people told me about Autogas and stated that the owner directly imports kits from Italy and has genuine solution available that might match my needs.
Met the owner a month back while I was in process of finalising the deal for the car. He claimed that he is in industry for 15 years and has done CNG fitments on performance oriented cars running on Cold Air Intakes and FFEs, stating air filters are 'good' for CNGs.
He suggested I should go in for a 'Full-Italian' kit with Italian valves, wirings etc. Needless to say it was a 'Sequential Gas Injection System' based kit.
The owner sounded very confident and competent about the job he can do. The showroom was neat and clean as well.
Upon getting the car back from Phil (Speedsport - Near Chattarpur) (Got the FFE+Intake done from there), I approached Autogas and asked him to start the work. The owner was not there at shop and telephonically requested me to drop the car. He said that he needs complete two days to get the work done to my satisfaction levels.
So here's the timeline, what happened when:
27 Sep: Dropped the car. promised time to pick up the car: 28 Sep 6:00 p.m.
28 Sep: Kit installed. The owner came and tuned the car. Left midway. A worker called and explained bit of problem during tuning. Requested me to collect the car next day 12 noon.
29 Sep: Owner's phone switched off. Called up office, worker said: Saab quarterly closing mein CA ke saath busy hain (Boss is busy with CA for quarterly closing). I said,what the heck, what about my car. Worker asked me to wait till evening.
29 Sep: Eve: Phone switched off. Spoken with worker. Got to know owner is not reachable. Worker called up owner's home, his family unaware about his whereabouts. No clue. My frustraton started mounting. Dropped a message requesting owner to let me know his whereabouts. No response.
30 Sep: Morning: Owner's phone still switched off. Workers having no clue. Family having no clue. Fully frustrated, I dropped a stern message on his phone questioning his credibility and professionalism. During these days I survived on Private taxis to address my office works. Lot of expenses incurred to travel in Delhi-NCR.
30 Sep: Evening: No clue about owner. I asked the worker to return my car next morning without the kit installed. I said I can't rely on people like them.
1 Oct: Morning: Owner called up. Profusely apologised stating he was busy somewhere. I expressed a strong discontent. Owner said the car would be ready in 1 hour.
1 Oct: Noon: Reached the shop along with few of my collegues. Owner was tuning the kit with a laptop installed in my car. Observed low gas pressure. Owner said they didn't had time to take car to a gas station so they transferred the gas from another car!!!Thats why calibration was not happening successfully.
1 Oct: 2pm: Took the car myself to gas station. Got the gas filled. returned to the shop. Tuning resumes. The car is not starting on low revs. Owner confused. He said that air intake in the car very high. Questioned why I have installed air filter. I gave him a questionable look, then he said that he is going to install a bigger injector meant for 3.0lts+ cars.
1 Oct: 3pm: Bigger injector installed. Problem remains the same. Now he said, he will install timing advancer. Installed and set to maximum. Took the car for test drive. Car jerking like anything between 1.5k - 2.5k rpm irrespective of the gear car is in.
1 Oct: 4pm: Owner says, previous plugs weak, not enough spark on CNG, changed original NGK iridium plug to BRISK silver electrode so called performance plugs.
1 OctL 4:30 p.m.: Took the car again for a test drive. Exactly the same problem. Reveresed the injector to previous one as he said bigger injector not working. Changed spark plugs to original one. Timing advancer on. Problem remains the same.
1 Oct 5:00 p.m.: Owner concocts a story, said he promised performance on a K&N not on a BMC asked me to return with a K&N. I was furious. Later on he said some coils might be weak but he was not sure.
1 Oct: 5:30 p.m.: I asked him to remove the kit and give my car back as he failed to deliver on promise. The owner started shouting and said to pay Rs 3000 as lot of wires will be damaged and he has to pay labour to his workers as well. I asked what about keeping my car for 5 days and limiting my mobility, remaining absconding for 2 days, resulting in huge expenses and mental agony for me. The owner said it's your problem and he won't be able to help it. Says pay 3k and take the car.
1 Oct 6:00 p.m.: Spoken with a known person, he advised to avoid any confrontation as the car is still with him and he might cause any damage. He advised to pay the money and take an invoice for later action. I agreed to pay the money by card and asked him to generate the invoice. The owner demanded Rs 500 additional on a/c of tax and payment by card charges. I agreed. The invoice is worth Rs 3427 whereas he charged my car for Rs 3500.
1 Oct 6:15 p.m.: The owner asked me to come back after 2 hours as it is the standard time to remove the kit. Suspecting his intentions me and my colleagues refused to budge from there and asked them to remove the kit infront of us. In the interim, the owner misbehaved with my collegues who kept their cool. He alleges us wasting his time. Two more new customers witnessing this chaos, chose not to take Autogas's services and went away.
1 Oct: 7:00 p.m.: Surprisingly entire kit dismantled and removed in 45 minutes which took 2 days in getting installed. I asked the workers to hand me over the damaged parts/wires. The owner refused to do so stating he will not give the wires back.
1 Oct: 7:15 p.m: He gave me a bill dated 29th Sep. I refused to accept the bill stating payment date is 1 oct. He started shouting and said the bill was prepared on 29th worth Rs 60000 and he has reduced the amount. After we persisted, angrily he went in his cabin and arrived with a new bill dated 1st Oct. In the interim he shouted again on my collegue who was insisting that his behavior is completely unprofessional.
1 Oct: 7:30: Took a test drive. The workers left newly drycleaned interiors very dirty. The car was running fine though. The owner tried to force me to sign a satisfaction note. I didn't and left his shop after taking the car and the invoice.
1 Oct: 8:00 p.m.: I observed a panel stuffed with some foam pad lying unattended on the rear parcel trays. Those buggers must have forgot to put it back. There were few new scratch marks on the car.

Terribly bad experience. Planning to lodge a case in consumer forum. Also this review would deter all potential CNG buyers to stay away from his shop. A highly unethical, unprofessional, inefficient person.

For 5 days I've suffered mental agony and financial losses due to the same. The car is out of tune and I've to go to Phil again for some troubleshooting because of the mess created by Autogas owner.

Please advice what shall I do. I still believe that with a competent tuner and a sequential kit, the installation is definitely possible.
kumargandharva is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:20   #2
Default Re: AutoGas India Gurgaon:Lovato CNG/LPG kits importer:Stay away,Unethical & ineffici

Some online reviews about Autogas and comments about its owner. Wish I had read them before decided to avail his services.

AutoGas India Complaints, Reviews - Error in Installation
kumargandharva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:10   #3
Default Re: AutoGas India Gurgaon:Lovato CNG/LPG kits importer:Stay away,Unethical & ineffici

Letter from Lovato: Autogas claimed to be its official importer. Their whole shop is loaded with lovato branding.
A shocking revelation indeed:

Dear Mr. Kumar,

First of all we are extremely Sorry for the trouble & Harassment suffered by you in converting your vehicle with Lovato Sequential kit.

Mr. Arun Badia was the Ex distributor for North india till beginning of 2010 & Lovato has terminated his distributorship. We M/s. Eco Fuel Systems (i) Pvt. Ltd. Having our head office at Mumbai & having branches throughout india including Delhi are the Sole Distributor of India for Lovato – Italy since 2010 onwards.

Mr. Aruna Badia has not imported Lovato kit from M/s. Lovato spa – Italy. THe sequential kit is very sensitive & requires detailed training prior to installation. M/s. Autogas has not received any such training & is not authorized to fit Lovato kit at all.

We have our local manager in Delhi & you can contact him on his cell no. XXXXXXXXXX for any further help you may require.

Thanks & Regards
For Eco Fuel Systems (I) Pvt. Ltd.
kumargandharva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 10:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

well, i think youve been bamboozled by a hack.
A roadside fitter, who somehow managed to make his shop look legit.
wonder what he fitted for that short while.
with such ethics, you may also want to have your car given a once over, to see if some parts havent been "sourced" .
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:59   #5

So sorry for you brother, I have a 2008 Civic AT and was almost sure to get a CNG kit retrofitted to it by Autogas since my daily run has now increased to 200 kms and petrol is no longer pocket friendly.
your post saved me from a lot of trouble. just wondering, can a sequential CNG kit work with Civic AT; or is this a case only of an incompetent installer?

cheers | Shomen
shomen_moitra is offline   Reply With Quote