Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th March 2006, 14:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think the dealers have to pay 1/3rd the price of the car and they get to use it for personal use.
I remember a Camry drive in Vadodara where when we opened the glove box an open packet of some potato chips fell down.
That was scary. But the car reached us on time. I have been quite happy with Autobahn whenever we went for test drives except this one time when i had a bet with my friend and called then only to be told the Superb was an Octavia.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 14:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
That was an Autocar article on the Sardarji from Nummer Eins. His car had done 80K plus km.

GTO
yes,it was the delhi dealer(silvertone motors at okhla industrial area)
& he boasted,that even after 30k on odo,it was as good as new.

same sardar sold the maximum number of octavias here in delhi,was awarded too.

Last edited by dhirajs : 14th March 2006 at 14:42.
dhirajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 17:22   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2L8, the Fiat Palio lost sales due to poor dealers.
I'll say it again .. you cant stop a GOOD car from selling...
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 17:50   #19
BHPian

the thing is due to cost restraints dealers cant keep multiple cars of the same model and due to huge demand for test drives and supose if car is damaged or is other wise not available ...... the director ( nummer eins) has put his own octavias for test drive. the car is bought at normal cost its jst the dealer margin is not included... a lil obvious
i for a fact know this coz i myself had to put my octi on to smeone elses hands
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 19:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

The serd being spoken about here even owns the Asset Auto dealership of Mahindra in Mumbai, manages 2 or 3 skoda dealerships in different cities and is a relative of the Numereins people, and gives out his car with 80 k on the odo to prove his product . . . thats called efficiency.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 20:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes the test cars are bought by the dealers.Autograph Skoda does not have a laura test car.I had been to Autobahn on Saturday for testdrive of Laura.We had a prior appointment with them for a 2.00pm test drive but the car reached at 4.15(i got mad because i nearly lost the F1 Qualifying,except for the last 10 mins) and that too because one test drive at Colaba was cancelled.

Car was nice to drive but its a liile noisy especially the road noise and vibrations filter in easily and the dash board looks too bland in all black color.The DSG box is fantastic.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 20:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
I'll say it again .. you cant stop a GOOD car from selling...
Bad dealers can't stop a Good car from selling. But a bad company CAN.
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 20:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have had a test drive at all the dealers in AHmedabad.

To be frank Skoda was the best.

They came to my place at my time with the car. The car is a demo only. They have not unplugged the odometer and the mileage showed close to 40k. The gut said this is to show the customer how skoda drives even after multiple customers driving the car for 40k. I was impressed. Took a test drive around the city. THey came back again for a test drive for my dad at his time. excellent.

mahindra,tata, mitsubishi, mercedes-benz, toyota,ford:- All these dealers are good. they have a proper demo car for each model. Some grudges were tata not having a petrol model for test drive for a long time. Surprisingly Mitsubishi dealer has a pajero test car which costs 32lakhs. even the 2.8L pajero test car is present. Mercedes-benz requires no words. c-class test drive is easy. E-class and S-class requires some convincing. toyota and ford are equally good. they provide the customer with a proper test car before proceeding with the talks.

Chevrolet,hyundai,maruti,:- Chevrolet didnt have a proper test model for forester and I test drove a new car. maruti is strictly ok. hyundai people are good but inefficient in reacting to customers talks and needs. Hyundai needs better salespeople.

fiat & honda dealers suck:- It was tough to even get a test drive at Fiat. The guy said" sir, lena hai to kaho, we can arrange a test drive. varna mushkil hai." I just walked out. The next time I drove a car at fiat it was some pre-owned car. The salesguy said that it belonged to the manager which I strictly suspect was a lie. landmark honda who is the only dealer in Ahmedabad thinks his cars are better than Mercedes. The sales guy once told me that NHC gxi is actually faster than the OHC vtec. Additionally the people are very rude. I already know 2 customers who bought cars specially from baroda because they were pissed at Landmark Honda.

The dealer can be one of the reasons I never looked at Honda city vtec again and went ahead and got the sfxi.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 21:23   #24
BHPian

(The serd being spoken about here even owns the Asset Auto dealership of Mahindra in Mumbai, manages 2 or 3 skoda dealerships in different cities and is a relative of the Numereins people, and gives out his car with 80 k on the odo to prove his product . . . thats called efficiency.)

naah manson asset auto and nummer eins are 2 totally different delaerships...owner of asset is related but thats all....
Nummer eins director is Shammi Vijan and Asset is Parwinder Vijan and are not connected business wise. the mahindra showroom smehwer in andheri belongs to him with satellite dealerships in pune ahmedabad - asset
nummer eins in bby wid other dealerships lik honda, fiat, tata mahindra
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 11:13   #25
BHPian

I have just booked a Skoda octavia Rider model couple of days back. I was pretty impressed with the BSS of JMD auto, sanpada. We had test drives on 2 different occasions and all the 2 times we landed up in the showroom without actually informing them but within no time a test drive vehicle was arranged in both the occasions and they were again willing to bring the car to my residence for my dad to drive it as per his convinience. I mean I have no reasons to complain since i had a very good experience with the dealers. Regarding the ASS I will have to wait and watch.
sumitdongerkery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 01:54   #26

ive had similar problems from autobahn from where we bought our ocatvia rider.

had pretty much decided to book a white octavia rider,
when we wanted to have a look at the L&K, they said they didnt have one there to look into, asked them about the Elegance model , they showed the one parked outside. its leather-upholstery seats had gone to the dogs..all cracked up...whats kinda service is that.....

at nummereins, they had a L&K, but was a "minister key beti ki gadi" so cudnt peek into it. fine.

dont they have all the basic models lined up for people to see?

are they so confident that crappy service will not loose customers....they sure lost me....
bhp1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 02:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs
yes,it was the delhi dealer(silvertone motors at okhla industrial area)
& he boasted,that even after 30k on odo,it was as good as new.

same sardar sold the maximum number of octavias here in delhi,was awarded too.
Dhiraj the silverstone guy is not a surd his name is Dimpy Kapoor. Also owns the red SL500.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 02:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Something similar with Prime Honda recently had gone to decide between a Accord and a CR-V for one of my closest friends on a sunday and the salesman who knows me very well since I had bought my OHC VTEC from him only refused a test drive since we didn't have prior appointments and it was a sunday. After much request when he didn't budge I had to come in my own and told him very very rudely that if he wanted to sell the car he better come up with a test drive vehicle or the same was going to South End Honda who were ready with TD cars.

Now consider this apart from my VTEC I had helped this moron sell two more cars and he knows I am a very knowledgeable and informed customer and he still says they have no test cars! After constant threatening he miraculously discovers a Auto Accord 2.4 for the test drive!!! When I go for the drive I ask him how he has the car now and he says it belongs to an employee of the company so I purposely mentioned that I should close my business and look to join his company just to make him realise he was lying and sure enough a little later he arranged for a CR-V test drive also!!

And needless to say I made my friend buy the Accord from another delaership who after some negotiation also gave us a much better discount!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 01:30   #29
BHPian

Thumbs up Skoda BSS

I had a nice experience when I visited Krishna Skoda here in Punjab. I test drove Skoda Laura and Octavia both L&K and the response was prompt. The management was helpful and I never faced any issues while making my purchase decision. So, its good to try out two or more dealerships to see who's the better one. Afterall they are humans who run these agencies and can be both professional and unprofessional...
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote