Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2012, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
Dear friends,

I am someone who decided against buying the Vento after receiving a shockingly unprofessional and indifferent treatment from EVM motors Kochi. I bought a City instead from Peninsular Honda next door-excellent buying experience.

On a scale of 1-10,I will not give the EVM dealership more than 3. Third rate set up!!

Can't comment about the service centre,have never been there.

Even in future,if I decide to buy a Volkswagen,I will definitely steer clear of EVM motors.

Regards,

charthom
Hi charthom, I hear you buddy. Would you mind sharing the details?
dingolphie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th January 2012, 23:31   #17
BHPian

Default Re: EVM Volkswagen Kochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Hi charthom, I hear you buddy. Would you mind sharing the details?
Hi dingolphie,

Do not want to bitch-but for the benefit of us all,here are the details-or what I felt:

19th May 2011-around 1100 hrs in the morning,14 yr old son and myself walked into EVM Volkswagen,Kochi. We had just visited the fluidic Verna at MGF Hyundai and disappointed. I had found the blue colour in Vento very good-hence was interested in the car even though the reviews about basic interiors and upright back bench etc were not verey inviting(my view,pardon if not in line with the general opinion).

I went in,greeted the receptionist and informed that I would like to check out the Vento-hence please arrange a SA. The girl took down my mobile no. and rushed away. A man in uniform who was sitting next to her acted as if I did not exist,no smile or cordial look.I did not bother-he may have his own problems. We walked inside and sat down.

After about 10 minutes,we got up and began looking at the cars on display. No one had approached us. Many people in uniform were rushing about-no one spoke to us. We assumed that they were attending others(there were no others at that time,though). 20 minutes-I saw an elderly man and family enter,who were at once attended to-might have made a prior appointment.

25 minutes,still no one. I felt irritated and looked at the girl questioningly. She too appeared nervous and concerned,and gestured back that she had informed others. She again got up,crossed the room,returned gesturing re-assuringly. I felt "re-assured" as both of us had sufficient "upmarket look" with modern dresses and attitudes. But despite my jeans and Nikes no one came even after 35 minutes. To be fair enough one or two guys were casting curious glances at me-why this man is sitting and fuming in our dealership? The old gentleman was seriously checking out the cars.

I lost my mind and got up. I asked aloud? "We had been sitting here for the last 35 minutes,why no one is attending us? Is this the way to treat the customers?" an uncomfortable silence-the girl called back-"I had informed them, Sir"

We got up and stormed out of the show room. Immediately someone crossed the room and blocked my way. I demanded him to clear out as I was going out. He apologised for the indifference and offered his assistance. I was boiling by then. He asked me to sit down-inquired if I liked some refreshment- I refused the hospitality and commented sharply about their lack of professionalism-but controlled myself from an avoidable inappropriate public performance and sat down.

Another man rushed to me and introduced himself. Offered help. I gingerly accepted it and began examining the cars. when he realized that I was not looking for Passat but Vento even that acted up enthusiasm became lukewarm. I told him that I was interested in Blue coloured Vento in diesel,requested for a test drive,informed that my mob no. is with the receptionist and left. i had made up my mind not to buy the car-mainly due to the treatment which I felt unprofessional.

Next I went to Peninsular Honda-I was not interested in the City-which I thought dated. The treatment by the staff and the quality of the car made me change my opinion-please read my thread "Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore..." for the complete story.

Of course- no one followed up from EVM Volkswagen as I had expected. I asked myself and my son what went wrong!? Did we exhibit any attitude that pissed off the staff? Is it that we had not taken an appointment? My humble conclusion is-the Vento was very much in demand then,commanding a waiting period of about 3 months. Which made the staff think,we have business anyway,why bother.

I have more stories about their contempt and lack of regards for the customers,from others. From other customers and even aspirant job seekers. But it would be inappropriate to disclose them here- mainly for want of first hand evidence.

dingolphie-this was my experience.

Friends,do advise where I made the mistake- if you think so. I have always been treated well at public places-I dare say partially due to reasonable behaviour from my part. Only once before I had a bad experience-at MGF Hyundai( I am a Hyundai customer too)i-for which the management apologised profusely later.

I still love the Vento in blue colour- but may not buy a Volkswagen-esp from EVM.

Regards,

charthom.

Last edited by charthom : 29th January 2012 at 23:33.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 10:47   #18
BHPian

I think half an hour cooling your heels, especially in pre sales can p**s anyone off.
When I was planning on buying mine, I tried Ekm first, but I got the 'not interested' feeling too bordering on rudeness. Plus the price they quoted was simply too high.

So I bought it from Tvm, which was much better. They bought the TD car home and we finished off the entire deal at my place in very cordial fashion.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:43   #19
BHPian

Hey Charthom,
You are talking about a single visit. I had been to their showroom thrice,and have had bad experiences, similar to yours. I had made prior appointment too. And the cars I was interested were Vento AT or Jetta ,both were not on demand. This was in 2011.
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 16:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'd been to the VW Kochi showroom thrice when I was evaluating the Polo. My experience was a mixed bag - some good, some not so good. My TD experience wasn't good. They let me drive the car for hardly 2-3km - basically just a roundtrip on the NH from their showroom to Kundannoor Junction was allocated to my brother and I, during which we had to switch. Although, once we switched I didn't pay attention to the SA (why would I, he wasn't paying me any attention and was busy texting on his mobile) and took another roundtrip, by the end of which he was making more audible noises.

Eventually, I rejected the car (Polo) and not the dealership.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 17:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I'd been to the VW Kochi showroom thrice when I was evaluating the Polo. My experience was a mixed bag - some good, some not so good. My TD experience wasn't good. They let me drive the car for hardly 2-3km - basically just a roundtrip on the NH from their showroom to Kundannoor Junction was allocated to my brother and I, during which we had to switch. Although, once we switched I didn't pay attention to the SA (why would I, he wasn't paying me any attention and was busy texting on his mobile) and took another roundtrip, by the end of which he was making more audible noises.

Eventually, I rejected the car (Polo) and not the dealership.
2/3 km is standard I think unless they establish that you are a serious buyer. That judgement can be quite a way off in a lot of dealers in my experience. What was good?
Old 30th January 2012, 18:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2/3 km is standard I think unless they establish that you are a serious buyer. That judgement can be quite a way off in a lot of dealers in my experience. What was good?
My first visit was good. We were promptly attended to by the lady at the reception. She showed us the car, but she wasn't very knowledgable about it. So she got us another colleague of hers who was better and also seemed interested in selling the car. The lady also showed us the Beetle and allowed us to get a feel of the car because my then 5-year old daughter was smitten by the yellow bug. I didn't get to TD the diesel Polo that day, but since I hadn't taken prior appointment I was OK with that.

The 2nd visit was when I had the TD. The third visit was OK too, but it was a very short visit, just to re-check some things before making my car choice.

The TD experience was in stark contrast to my TD experience at the Fiat showroom on the same day. It might have eventually affected my car choice - although I didn't buy my Punto from the Cochin Fiat dealer either.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 23:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
So I bought it from Tvm, which was much better. They bought the TD car home and we finished off the entire deal at my place in very cordial fashion.
Nice to note this. May be because TVM is a "less sophisticated" city than Kochi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hey Charthom,
You are talking about a single visit. I had been to their showroom thrice,and have had bad experiences, similar to yours. I had made prior appointment too. And the cars I was interested were Vento AT or Jetta ,both were not on demand. This was in 2011.
Hope you did not make the mistake of buying their cars,then. A car is a part of life-you are going to meet the guys again. If you don't get along,there will be negative vibes always. Hence I give a lot of importance to the attitude of the seller,whether it is cars,shoes or pea nuts. Silly,sentimental me-I know

Quote:
Although, once we switched I didn't pay attention to the SA (why would I, he wasn't paying me any attention and was busy texting on his mobile)
The worst I had experienced before EVM was Nippon Toyota-but it was a little tolerable high nosed behaviour. But EVM surpassed all my expectations-could not believe someone could ill treat someone else who is willing to give about 10.5 lakhs of hard earned money to him.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 19:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
On another note though - I had checked out both EVM kochi and tvm before buying my vento. The price quoted by Kochi was more than 50K higher!
Funny, considering i had the exact opposite scenario. I first contacted the TVM showroom and the SA was down right arrogant. Plus they offered absolutely no discounts for the Jetta and the SE told me and i quote "I might be able to get you a car in 4 month if you can accept whichever colour becomes available"!
Right away, i called up EVM kochi and though they initially only offered around 20k discount, i ended up landing a much better deal later and i got the car in less than half the time (not without my share of drama though). In the end, i'm quite happy with my buying experience. One fact remains, absolutely nothing gets done dealing with your average SE at EVM. The only reason i got mine was because the deputy manager took a special interest in my case and he saw it to that i was getting the best possible option, each step of the way. I have put up a detailed booking experience at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...h-line-mt.html
reventon2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 21:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
One fact remains, absolutely nothing gets done dealing with your average SE at EVM. The only reason i got mine was because the deputy manager took a special interest in my case and he saw it to that i was getting the best possible option, each step of the way. I have put up a detailed booking experience at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...h-line-mt.html
You might have hit the nail on the head here. My first contact at Tvm as it turned out was the showroom manager and for some reason took an interest in my purchase. I didn't have anyone doing that at Kochi. I suspect the average pre sales experience is probably similar at both places if you depend on just the sales executive!

I've been following your thread as well. Good Stuff!
Old 6th February 2012, 21:58   #26
BHPian

I had visited the VW Kochi showroom near Kundanoor last week and, let me tell you, I am satisfied with how they treated me. The female SE who was there was very keen on showing me the car, but like StarrySky said, she wasn't very knowledgeable about it. I asked for a TD on Polo Diesel and it was readily available and I took a 2-3kms drive. She was also keen on following up. In fact she had given me a call even yesterday to know my decision.

I have the same opinion as Charthom about the man in the uniform there. The 'uniformed' guy who was sitting next to the receptionist behaved as I didn't exist (I was waiting near the reception table for the lady to come back with the pricelist). Its unbelievable how can anyone behave like that to a customer who walks into any automobile showroom ready to invest a considerable amount of money in their product.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 22:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

I paid another visit to Volkswagen Kocji today with two of my friends, one of whom was evaluating the Vento. The good part was the SE seemed eager to help and we were promptly attended to. He was able to provide information of the car, price-list etc. Maybe the notice board showing most of the Polo/Vento variants available within 0-14 days had something to do with that. TD was also arranged promptly, but the TD itself was the standard run on the highway till Kundannoor junction and back. The SE was also fine with us checking out the Jetta and Passat and explained some of the features of the Passat as well.
Old 21st February 2012, 02:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I paid another visit to Volkswagen Kocji today with two of my friends, one of whom was evaluating the Vento. The good part was the SE seemed eager to help and we were promptly attended to. He was able to provide information of the car, price-list etc. Maybe the notice board showing most of the Polo/Vento variants available within 0-14 days had something to do with that. TD was also arranged promptly, but the TD itself was the standard run on the highway till Kundannoor junction and back. The SE was also fine with us checking out the Jetta and Passat and explained some of the features of the Passat as well.
Thats good to know. Maybe someone has dropped them a link to this page and they have decided to come off their high horse.
On another note, a bit OT, but did they give any indications on the 2012 vento?

Last edited by dingolphie : 21st February 2012 at 02:37.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On another note, a bit OT, but did they give any indications on the 2012 vento?
Sorry, what do yo mean by 2012 Vento? Do you mean just 2012-manufactured Vento or is there any update/price hike expected for the Vento?
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, what do yo mean by 2012 Vento? Do you mean just 2012-manufactured Vento or is there any update/price hike expected for the Vento?
Yes, have they confirmed any features for the 2012 manufactured Vento. Around the forums BHPians have indicated that there are some minor changes.

I believe they have hiked the price for 2012 manufactured ones or atleast you have a good discount on the 2011 manufactured ones.