Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 2nd January 2012, 14:53   #1

Default Poor Experience @ NBS International Mumbai

Scorpio might be a very nice car, but the Mahindra Service experience keeps going from Bad to worse. I had a problem with the ABS brakes of my 2008 Scorpio VLX and, as I always do, I gave it to my dealership Workshop .. NBS International in Mumbai on the 26th of December 2011 . The SA there assured me that the car would be fixed in a couple of days, but as usual the problems began right of the bat. This is possibly the worst company to deal with as far as service goes. Which is a shame because I love the car and have had 3 Scorpios over the years.

They put in defective brake parts (Brake Booster & ABS Sensor) into the car assuring me that everything was fine and I could take the car out on long journeys.

However, the brakes were terrible and I had a hard time controlling the car. I called the Service Advisor at NBS International and he told me a 'once in a blue moon' story about defective brake parts. He again told me to get the car back in the workshop.

I am absolutely disgusted with the attitude of MAHINDRA workshop NBS INTERNATIONAL in Mumbai.... They don't care about the safety of you and your loved ones.

I have already paid Rs.16,000 for these parts and I hope that Mahindra Customer care can get my car fixed.
kzaveri19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HORRBLE Service .. Scorpio @ NBS International Mumbai

HVKumar had an issue sometime back with duplicate parts sold at M&M ASCs. Also shouldn't the brake issue be sorted under warranty/extended warranty?

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:27   #3

MileCruncher. Thanks man .. I am trying to get Mahindra to fix it. I have had no response so far from the guys at customer service. Also, my car is out of warranty. I guess it slipped my mind and I never got a reminder from Mahindra either :(
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Most manufacturers have separate warranties for parts/components (which are much lower than overall vehicle warranty), and normally ask you to pay up for replacements.

Happened to me recently at Hyundai, where they asked me to pay for replacing a faulty rear-suspension strut, which apparently only has a 6-month/10k km warranty. The original set lasted me 54k kms, I'm now at 59k approx. Bad parts at astronomical prices.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:05   #5

Default Re: HORRIBLE Service .. Scorpio @ NBS International Mumbai

Its not just about bad parts. The SA was treating me like crap, no test drive before taking the vehicle nor any when the vehicle was delivered. The guy made me wait for 45 minutes when I went to take delivery while he was talking away on his phone. After that, as usual with Mahindra service centers, the car was a mess. I had no time to get it cleaned. Worse, the SA disappeared when I asked for a text drive ...
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzaveri19 View Post
Scorpio might be a very nice car, but the Mahindra Service experience keeps going from Bad to worse.
Couldn't agree more with you. Have you forwarded a link to this thread to M&M customer care email id? If not, I'd advise you to do it pronto. Nothing gets things moving like a negative review on a popular online forum.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pethetic experience at Mahindra for sure. Keep pushing until the problem gets resolved as per your satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
they asked me to pay for replacing a faulty rear-suspension strut, which apparently only has a 6-month/10k km warranty. The original set lasted me 54k kms, I'm now at 59k approx. Bad parts at astronomical prices.
This is one problem i am not sure how do we as customer handle, a suspension part going bad in under 10K kms is not done and as a customer i feel cheated.

Does anyone has a solution to this problem? I am facing similar problem with my Baleno suspension.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

NBS is a joke on M&M customers. am yet to meet anyone who has had a good experience. I visited them just once many years ago and they stole my car's jack.

Having said that, the other dealerships are not any better anyway, so it is a Hobson's Choice.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:30   #9
BHPian

Try sending a tweet to Anand Mahindra, it might help you in getting quick justice!
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 18:03   #10

Default The Worst Service Again!

Scorpio might be a great car but the service experience is going from bad to worse! I always give my Scorpio to the Mahindra company owned Dealership NBS

International in Mumbai, hoping they might have improved. I was wrong. This service center breaks more things than they fix. An Example, I picked up the car after a regular servicing and realized that they had
messed the 'car door open' alarm voice. Everytime while I drive, the car keeps yelling, door is open, however, all doors are securely closed. I called the service center who sent over a technician, who said that

this was a 'new problem' which will be billed separately!! I tried to reason with them saying that since the car was with them when the problem occurred it should be their responsibility. However, the 'Customer Care' executive became rude.

Also, I noticed that they scavenge parts out of cars coming in for service, replacing them with used parts from wrecks and other cars coming in for service. I would advise you to properly check your car before picking it up. Mahindra service Centres are not to be trusted.
I would further advise to never buy a Mahindra vehicle. I am treated badly despite having owned thre Scorpios. There is virtually no service and support after your purchase! Worst service experience ever!

Last edited by manson : 18th June 2012 at 19:10. Reason: Typing in Caps is against the forum protocol. Please visit the announcement section before proceeding further.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Worst Service Again!

Quote:
Scorpio might be a great car but the service experience is going from bad to worse! I always give my Scorpio to the Mahindra company owned Dealership NBS

International in Mumbai, hoping they might have improved. I was wrong. This service center breaks more things than they fix. An Example, I picked up the car after a regular servicing and realized that they had
messed the 'car door open' alarm voice. Everytime while I drive, the car keeps yelling, door is open, however, all doors are securely closed. I called the service center who sent over a technician, who said that

this was a 'new problem' which will be billed separately!! I tried to reason with them saying that since the car was with them when the problem occurred it should be their responsibility. However, the 'Customer Care' executive became rude.

Also, I noticed that they scavenge parts out of cars coming in for service, replacing them with used parts from wrecks and other cars coming in for service. I would advise you to properly check your car before picking it up. Mahindra service Centres are not to be trusted.
I would further advise to never buy a Mahindra vehicle. I am treated badly despite having owned thre Scorpios. There is virtually no service and support after your purchase! Worst service experience ever!
I entirely agree with you!
I have even stopped going to Mahindra ASCs, they are terrible & one good reason not to buy a Mahindra product. The Toyotas of the world do not need any competition - Mahindra goalkeepers are themselves adept in hitting the ball into their own goal posts!
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 20:00   #12
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra service centres have a notorious reputation for lack of professionalism and efficiency. As a result you really have to sit on their heads for having anything done through the services. I have often read that the service centre have some whopping number of units coming in every single morning and as a result the service personnel (both advisors & workers) are over worked, but that should not devoid a customer of a pleasant after sales service experience.

Quote:
Scorpio might be a great car but the service experience is going from bad to worse! I always give my Scorpio to the Mahindra company owned Dealership NBS International in Mumbai, hoping they might have improved. I was wrong.
AFAIK, all Mahindra vehicles sold via NBS are diverted to Ambition Auto / Fort Point, correct? I had my only single breakdown between all three of my Scorpios four days after a service at Ambition Auto / Fort Point that cost me upwards of 30K for useless repairs. Reason for breakdown - empty battery fluid! Needless to mention, I did not visit that Ambition guys ever again.

Quote:
I am treated badly despite having owned thre Scorpios.
I parted ways with my back to back third Scorpio only a couple of months ago and whilst I wasn't ever a fan of Mahindra service centres or even dealerships as such, I wasn't unhappy either with Milestone Mahindra at Dadar.
I moved to Milestone when we purchased our second Scorpio and compared to Ambition Auto / Fort Point, I was treated like a King after I raised my lack of satisfation (through second service of my second Scorpio) to the GM there! Mind you, they found out about my support team status on here only after I had closed the deal on my last Scorp, and they still did a reasonably good job of everything.

Last edited by manson : 18th June 2012 at 20:02.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 22:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
AFAIK, all Mahindra vehicles sold via NBS are diverted to Ambition Auto / Fort Point, correct? I had my only single breakdown between all three of my Scorpios four days after a service at Ambition Auto / Fort Point that cost me upwards of 30K for useless repairs. Reason for breakdown - empty battery fluid! Needless to mention, I did not visit that Ambition guys ever again.

No, NBS Has their own service center at Reay Road. And should not be the concern of the customer as to the workload of the SA at a service center. We expect Mahindra to back every single car they sell. If all they want to do is sell and forget, we as customers, might as well look to other companies that value us appropriately.

As for too many vehicles at their service center, I own a Maruti Swift and I have NEVER had a service problem, ever. I am pretty sure there are more Maruti's on the road than Mahindra's.
Old 19th June 2012, 14:27   #14

Someone had mentioned earlier that I should tweet Anand Mahindra. I actually posted on their facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/MahindraScorpio)

I got the usual "Sorry, we will look into it" crap. There are several complaints listed on that page, buried deep, deep down. As I said, these guys are more concerned about selling rather than supporting their products.
Old 25th October 2012, 05:33   #15
BHPian

Default NBS international, Andheri - A car dealership with no cars

Had an interesting experience at Mahindra dealer at Andheri yesterday, called NBS International and located close to Shoppers Stop, Andheri(W).

On our way back from a family function, we decided to have a look at the Duster and XUV as those are the SUV's we shortlisted. We wanted a modern SUV with monocoque construction and safety features. Our main criteria was ride quality so that it can handle extremely poor roads in Mumbai and Pune. Duster and XUV are the only options in the 12L-15L budget.

We first went to the Renault showroom near Fame Adlabs. There was a lot of chaos which is expected as everyone wanted to take delivery of their new cars on Dussera day. We inspected the demo car in the showroom. The sales executive was busy with a lot of customers, but was polite and answered our questions patiently. Since a lot of cars were being delivered we could actually look and assess the various colours.

We then went to the Mahindra showroom. They had 5 or 6 XUV's in the showroom, but they were all being prepared for delivery. They were neatly polished and cleaned and my father did not want to spoil someone else's vehicle. The showroom staff were busy and I finally tracked someone down to ask for the demo vehicle. He said there was no demo vehicle. I clarified that "I did not want to test drive, since they are busy with deliveries. I wanted to just have a look at the demo vehicle so we can assess the interiors, legspace and boot space". He said that he does not have a demo vehicle. I was stunned and asked him what was I supposed to look at in a car showroom, if there are no cars. He replied "Hamare gaadi made-to-order hote hain (our cars are made to order)". Needless to say we left and had a good laugh about the experience.

This is not the first time I have visited a showroom or purchased a car. Even Tata Nano demo vehicles are available in Tata showrooms. But the XUV is such a phenomenal vehicle that we are still considering it, but from a different dealer. One that has cars.
methilsunkara is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote