Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 11:52   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@AM tweeted this about 6 hours back; and the result was that phone call within an hour! Nice of @AM to respond back to complaints in a positive manner.
That was me he responded to - half an hour response time for a man of his stature - I was floored. He walks the talk.

Single reason i'd consider the mini-xylo for my next vehicle (though honestly the XA holds alot of promise as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Will flash once when the credit comes in!
cheerios Guys, and TREMENDOUS thanks to everyone!!!!
You're welcome. We accept thanks in chai, samosas, bread pakoras, paranthas, chhole bhature, poori, kulfi etc - basically in any 'kind'

Just tell us where to come

jk - best of luck and hope your dad gets a good car asap. Enough unnecessary drama.
phamilyman is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 11:54   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 134
Thanked: 47 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

good job guys , and thanks for letting us know .I was also tempted to get it at MFC but now will stay as far as possible
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 11:57   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You're welcome. We accept thanks in chai, samosas, bread pakoras, paranthas, chhole bhature, poori, kulfi etc - basically in any 'kind'

Just tell us where to come

jk - best of luck and hope your dad gets a good car asap. Enough unnecessary drama.
I am at the expo today and on the 9th.
if you can find the chai, I can do the buy!!
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 12:23   #49
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 775
Thanked: 670 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

That's the reason why I'm not very comfy buying a used car, you can either be very lucky or very unlucky depending on your luck on that given day.
Durango Dude is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 12:31   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

BTW would you be still going ahead and buying the same car at a renegotiated price or snubbing them for good?
No chance!
I may still look at some good deal on used cars somewhere else.
But as far as my dad using one, he is now morally against the option!!
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 12:32   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

I would say the opposite. With modern cars if you have a service history without many breaks, you can find everything out about the car - add in a great mechanic and the car can be examined threadbare.

A good deal is a good deal. Behave like a business buyer.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 12:34   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

That's why you do your due diligence Durango Dude. Luck favors those who are well prepared
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 13:09   #53
BHPian
 
vsoneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 27
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
No chance!
I may still look at some good deal on used cars somewhere else.
But as far as my dad using one, he is now morally against the option!!
Saw this thread today and my first reaction was holy sh!t. Mayank , hats off to you for making that wise decision of cross checking with the honda service guys about the mileage of that car. It makes me wonder if there were any accidents also that the car might have encountered. Quite possible.

that car is probably going to be sold off to some un , suspecting person , just feel sorry for who ever it will be.

Have a side question .. That odometer on the city, Was it digital or analog ? and can you really turn back digital odometers. I mean cant companies put some safe gaurds, or security features ?
vsoneja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 15:39   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,424 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey guys,
There is resolution in sight.
Regional management from mfc contacted me last night.
5 hours from when this thread came up.
Jk is providing full refund.
I will update once that is in my hands plus when I am on my laptop.

Full kudos to us guys!
Happy that stuffs are sorted out for you! And truly, seeing Anand Mahindra's response, I am a BIG fan of him [been one for some time now] & believe there's lot of learning we can take from a man of this stature. And to be frank, he is the ONLY reason why I would ever buy a Mahindra in my life. Such a CEO gives you immense belief in a product.

All the best with your search. Am sure there's some learning from this - get the registration number first, cross check the ODO and then pay the deposit.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 18:32   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Mayank

First things first..when it comes to a TBhp community member vs an outsider I would always side with a TBhpian subject to - be doing the right thing.

I have been wanting to buy a Safari forever but my personal constraints have always stopped me from doing that. So today I walked into JKM as I was in the area. Asked them if they had any units in inventory. Turned out a couple were available with them.

First thing I said to them was - I will ONLY repeat ONLY look at those units where you will help me in obtaining mileage verification from the company service database prior to any discussion of any kind leave alone handing over a single paisa to any one. There was NO hesitation of any kind from their side and the answer was a categorical affirmative. Now will this translate into practice or not remains to be seen. However the assurance that they will do so was categorical with out any riders/qualifications of any kind.

Now is this because they were in the crossbeams because of the ongoing thread or is it because you DID NOT ask the riught question, I do not know. However as we all know, to get the right answers we must ask the right questions.

Before you take offense please read the opening lines of my post. Like I said TBHPians first, subject to be doing the right thing.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 18:45   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
First thing I said to them was - I will ONLY repeat ONLY look at those units where you will help me in obtaining mileage verification from the company service database prior to any discussion of any kind leave alone handing over a single paisa to any one. There was NO hesitation of any kind from their side and the answer was a categorical affirmative. Now will this translate into practice or not remains to be seen. However the assurance that they will do so was categorical with out any riders/qualifications of any kind.

Before you take offense please read the opening lines of my post. Like I said TBHPians first, subject to be doing the right thing.

Clearly, unless you are being terribly pedantic about necessarily asking the question up front - he did ask the right question. So before you posted, you should've read his post again, and considered that he *broadly* did the right thing. As akshay kumar say in hindi, let's not take the life of the kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The clock read 37000 kms.
This seemed ok for a 2k8 vehicle, and once we were at the table, the first thing I asked the sales guy, a Mr. Samir, was that “you have all the papers for this car? service etc?"
I got an affirmative.
he told me we could have it when we come for the final rounds.
This satisfied me on the front of whether or not the odo was clocked.

Last edited by phamilyman : 6th January 2012 at 18:55.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 18:47   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,721
Thanked: 2,806 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Glad for you that you have managed the refund.

But some things come to mind -

1) Why does Mr. Mahindra have to step in to resolve *such* issues where it is SO straightforward. You were cheated and you deserved to get your money back. Why does the Chairman have to step into this?

HUGE management flaw.

2) I refuse to believe that they do not check/verify/care about a vehicle's odometer.

3) An independant dealer doing this is fine but the franchisee of a huge brand like M&M should NOT be resorting to such business ethics. Fine, they didn't bother with checking it themselves but once pointed out, they should have complied.

4) Bad, bad business and management ethics from M&M and sister concerns.

5) What matters more - is how well you can make some noise. NOT whether you're right or wrong.

M&M, not cool fellas. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
If you really want to make a big deal about this, get in touch with Anand Mahindra via twitter. He is known to respond and tkae complaints very seriously.
That's done and dusted. Resolution has happened.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 19:08   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Clearly, unless you are being terribly pedantic about necessarily asking the question up front - he did ask the right question. So before you posted, you should've read his post again, and considered that he *broadly* did the right thing. As akshay kumar say in hindi, let's not take the life of the kid
Pedantic? No

Specific? Yes

Ruling out the scope for any kind of ambiguity.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 20:41   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 102
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

No chance!
I may still look at some good deal on used cars somewhere else.
But as far as my dad using one, he is now morally against the option!!
It's best to keep away from these dealers. Before buying Vista tdi, I had visited a few used car showrooms. But did not get proper documents for the fiesta or the city which we were thinking of. Finally got irritated, went for a new Vista, great piece of mind.
turbo_delight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 21:20   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Mayank

First things first..when it comes to a TBhp community member vs an outsider I would always side with a TBhpian subject to - be doing the right thing.

I have been wanting to buy a Safari forever but my personal constraints have always stopped me from doing that. So today I walked into JKM as I was in the area. Asked them if they had any units in inventory. Turned out a couple were available with them.

First thing I said to them was - I will ONLY repeat ONLY look at those units where you will help me in obtaining mileage verification from the company service database prior to any discussion of any kind leave alone handing over a single paisa to any one. There was NO hesitation of any kind from their side and the answer was a categorical affirmative. Now will this translate into practice or not remains to be seen. However the assurance that they will do so was categorical with out any riders/qualifications of any kind.

Now is this because they were in the crossbeams because of the ongoing thread or is it because you DID NOT ask the riught question, I do not know. However as we all know, to get the right answers we must ask the right questions.

Before you take offense please read the opening lines of my post. Like I said TBHPians first, subject to be doing the right thing.
See, it was because i considered the mahindra name, and hence took just that one statement as quoted by them to mean that they will provide the necessary paperwork.

Before this thread had come up, i am sure a few of use here too would have believed that the papers are available, and will be provided.
hence the deposit.

However, you have missed the crux of the discussion, which had shifted quite some time back from the service documentation.
What was to proved by that was the clock reading.
which in any case was proven by the service centre.so....
but I would like to know if you managed to see any of these papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Clearly, unless you are being terribly pedantic about necessarily asking the question up front - he did ask the right question. So before you posted, you should've read his post again, and considered that he *broadly* did the right thing. As akshay kumar say in hindi, let's not take the life of the kid

Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Glad for you that you have managed the refund.

But some things come to mind -

1) Why does Mr. Mahindra have to step in to resolve *such* issues where it is SO straightforward. You were cheated and you deserved to get your money back. Why does the Chairman have to step into this?

HUGE management flaw.

2) I refuse to believe that they do not check/verify/care about a vehicle's odometer.

3) An independant dealer doing this is fine but the franchisee of a huge brand like M&M should NOT be resorting to such business ethics. Fine, they didn't bother with checking it themselves but once pointed out, they should have complied.

4) Bad, bad business and management ethics from M&M and sister concerns.

5) What matters more - is how well you can make some noise. NOT whether you're right or wrong.

M&M, not cool fellas. Not cool.



That's done and dusted. Resolution has happened.

Same feeling!
It felt a little strange that I am getting calls left right and centre from , lets just say, quite senior people within mahindra, for something that should have been resolved by JK as as a measure of proper practice in the first place!!

but hey, I am happy, and for a lot of us who still pursue a used vehicle to go one segment up, you know another thing that you must make clear before any money changes hands, yeah?

Last edited by mayankk : 6th January 2012 at 21:24.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra First Choice dealer dupes customers, police seizes sold cars Tapish The Indian Car Scene 17 7th March 2013 11:12
Rechargeitnow.com - Money deducted, not received Airtel recharge. EDIT : Refunded bluevolt Gadgets, Computers & Software 8 24th April 2012 13:32
Sarath Kumar & WTR-Ten10 – India’s first shot at Moto GP! EDIT: Mahindra too Killer Int'l Motorsport 25 1st February 2011 04:25
Dealer quoting astronomical amount for technically correct IKON headlights!!. dhanushs Technical Stuff 32 10th January 2011 15:01
Credit Card:Converting Outstanding amount to EMI/Pay only minimum amount due?Advise ashwinsid Shifting gears 26 11th September 2009 15:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:02.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks