Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 11th January 2012, 13:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Eventual closure in part has arrived.
I had a one on one with the zonal manager here in delhi.

His POV is that while it was easy for me to check the wherewithals of the car in question, it would be virtually impossible for them to check the same for the number of vehicles they deal with.

Quite a few...hell, a majority of vehicles would not have service histories available.

Sure, ok, I agree in principle.
He also agreed that my case was a legitimate one, and the dealer should have refunded the money.

However, I hope that mahindra still indemnifies itself and the buyer.
One, that a signed certificate with the car from the seller be available that he has sold it to the dealer with such and such reading on the clock.
I dont see this as any kind of a nightmare.
It will, in fact, cement the buyer belief that if he has been fooled, then so has the mahindra first choice.
two, remove the blanket clause of no refunds in any case.
At least a refund should be promised on specific grounds, like a misrepresented product.

All in all, I seem to have a lesser trouble once I dealt straight with mahindra, so a proper thumbs up on that.
but a downer here again is that there should be some sort inculcation of propriety in their dealers.
I steadfastly refused to have any further interaction with JK moto corp once they told me there would be no refund.
For all of JK's denial of any knowledge about the underclocking of the car, i think the car is still listed with the website.
With the 37k clock reading.

water under the bridge now.
Cheque is in the mail/dropbox.

The issue was not to malign the names of the participants.
The issue was of legitimate refund required.
I am happy people coming to this thread are more aware when they leave.
I care exactly two and a half hoots about who tampered the clocks.

Last edited by mayankk : 11th January 2012 at 13:18.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 13:18   #77
BHPian

Default Re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Thanks Mayankk, for such a usefull info. Many of the NRI's I know have bought they cars & have no Idea about these things.
& YES let us know what u bought eventually - Its time, to move on.
My experience's from buying used cars , Never emotionally given in .Don't pay any deposit unless one does his home work.Take registration # chasis # of the car if you like the car.
Scour the market, I usually do minimum three trips to form an opinion. Even if the car u find in the first visit is perfect, take a step back & wait don't give in emotionally. Let it go , no issues you will get another one.
zeemmee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 14:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Mahindra First Choice dealer JK Moto tries to scam. Caught! EDIT : Amount Refunded

Mayankk,

Why don't you wear a wire and plant a spy-cam in your tie, the next time you go to a used car-dealer?

BUSTED!

These guys need to be given a dressing-down. Changing the ODO reading is a rampant practice that has been going on for years and years now. It's unfortunate that it's not fool-proof yet. I don't think it would ever be.

This incident goes to show that awareness would go a long way.

I don't see any point in taking this to the higher-ups. They would brush it off quickly. What's in it for them? Some bloke who wants his 20k back. That's it. But they don't see the crime underneath all this. A car company trying to cheat customers. Why? Wouldn't a car company want to build a good-rep for themselves?

I'm sure they do. Mahindra is no exception.

It's just the few low-lives that are employed and who try and make a quick buck - and bring names of companies down by doing such antics. Sad.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2012 at 14:18.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 01:04   #79

Default re: Mahindra First Choice dealer JK Moto tries to scam. Caught! EDIT : Amount Refunded

Thank you so much Mayankk!!
I was just looking at buying a used hatch from JK Motors.

The guy gave me the same "I have 90 cars" story. LoL. To think he'd at least change his script. Anyway, after reading this message, no chance it's going through.
itaughtthestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 03:40   #80
Team-BHP Support

Somehow I was never very comfortable with MFC. Some times back one of my friends was looking for a good pre-owned car. He went to one of the MFCs and I accompanied him. Somehow the glib talks and my uncomfort coupled with pointed questions and their evasive replies made me to suggest my friend to look elsewhere. If you ask the guy on how do they check the service history particularly accident records and he tells you how many cars everyday he sells (implying that so many trust them) I think there is something wrong.

However, there are some directly owned MFCs, like the one in Kondapur area of Hyderabad. These might be somewhat more reliable (its only my conjecture).

Comparitively I felt Dr. Car in Hyderabad is a lot better. If you look up their site (Google them), for most cars they list the minutest details. I like the fact that they mention flaws which otherwise may not be so easily visible to people. Like AC working but the gas will need a recharge. Or that the battery may need a replacement within a year, clutch is hard etc. In fact when I visited their yard (they have a huge one on Tank Bund) with my same friend they were talking things like the fender and C-pillar have been dented-painted although nothing was visible at all. I asked them how do they know and the guy simply said they have their ways! Somehow I found that much more comforting although almost for 98% of their cars they mentioned half a dozen flaws.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 11:37   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra First Choice dealer JK Moto tries to scam. Caught! EDIT : Amount Refunde

Mayank, I just came across a listing on Carwale for a 2006 Octavia vRS. Called up the number provided and spoke to Gaurav! A quick team-bhp search brings up this thread.

And now I am at my wit's end as to what to do. The listing is attractive enough (on paper) to tempt me. Any pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
lordavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 16:24   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger
Mayank, I just came across a listing on Carwale for a 2006 Octavia vRS. Called up the number provided and spoke to Gaurav! A quick team-bhp search brings up this thread.

And now I am at my wit's end as to what to do. The listing is attractive enough (on paper) to tempt me. Any pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
If you can verify everything about the car, it'd still be taking a chance with this guy at least. Who are you speaking with, Mr lazy eye?

Edit:oh, gaurav? Tell him about this thread. Ask him for records etc. You know the checks.

Re edit: 50k?I think red flag should already be out.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st September 2012 at 16:27.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 08:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Eventual closure in part has arrived.
I care exactly two and a half hoots about who tampered the clocks.
Mayank you were lucky, the same dealer is in the docks again. His buyers' cars were seized by the police as he did not make the complete payment to his financier.

Cheers,
Taps
Tapish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 11:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post

Mayank you were lucky, the same dealer is in the docks again. His buyers' cars were seized by the police as he did not make the complete payment to his financier.

Cheers,
Taps
Wow.
I just read up on this,its practically frontpage on the toi app.Man, I hope some of the guys who read this thread in the last few months decided against going with this fellow.
But,by the by, what happens now to the people who paid up. Do they get their money back at least?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 14:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra First Choice dealer JK Moto tries to scam. Caught! EDIT : Amount Refunde

So this makes it clear that simply going to branded shops like MFC does not change anything. If you want to buy a used car, "YOU" have to check everything. I bought my Tucson from used car market (a non-branded local dealer in Pune) who himself told me to take the car to Hyundai, thoroughly check everything and then confirm if I really wanted to buy it.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 6th March 2013 at 14:54.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 14:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Wow.
I just read up on this,its practically frontpage on the toi app.Man, I hope some of the guys who read this thread in the last few months decided against going with this fellow.
But,by the by, what happens now to the people who paid up. Do they get their money back at least?
It was frontpage on TOI also. Im sure they will refund the money- but will they ever be able to regain their trust- Im doubtful!

Cheers,
Tapish
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 13:16   #87

Just finished reading this thread, must compliment Mayankk for not giving up and bringing the matter to its logical conclusion. All this would not have been possible had Mayankk not called in the Honda workshop and had they not given him the information. Information technology has changed a lot of things. Now at the press of a button we can have access to a lot of information and history. Businesses that thrived on lack of availability of information are now going to have a tough time. They will simply not be able to fool customers like they did when there was a dearth of channels to get hold of information. The entire business model has changed with the use of IT and availability of information. Second hand car dealers must realize that things have become much more transparent and open. They can no longer do secret things in their backyards and sell lemons. The used car industry can be a win win if all stakeholders realize that honest dealings will help everyone in the long run.
Auto Motive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 20:21   #88
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra First Choice dealer JK Moto tries to scam. Caught! EDIT : Amount Refunded

An year back, I almost bought an Innova from this dealer. Thank god I changed my mind just before I was supposed to pay the booking amount.
On a lighter note, they park their cars in the parking lot of Moolchand hospital, which is nearby. If you visit them, a car takes you to the parking and there you can check out the car and take it for a drive. It felt kind of funny checking out a car outside a hospital.
SHANKY11 is offline   Reply With Quote