Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th February 2012, 10:19   #16
BHPian

Default re: Horrible Audi R8 test-drive experience. *UPDATE* Audi makes up for it!

Mods, request you to change the title of this thread to:

"Horrible Audi R8 test-drive experience :( ... turned positive "
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 12:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Horrible Audi R8 test-drive experience. *UPDATE* Audi makes up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I respect your perspective but brands are worn in heart by exec who work for them. Not sure how much Hindi you know but still let me quote "Ek hi ullu kaafi hai barbad gulistan karne ko"

Not sure if you noted, this was not done by dealership, this was due to Audi India's senior officials' pressure.

Talking about senior leadership, if I get such a escalation about any of my leader, I guarantee, he will be thrown out in less 30 minutes.

Don't be judgmental. By the way...I am big shot!
Sir i was born in India and live in India, Meri Hindi Durust hain. Let me reply to your quote. Ek bure Gulab ke wajhe se pure Gulistan ko jalaya nahin karte.

There is a basic protocal followed of a sign in and sign out..So if a car is not handed in by the executive it still holds on his name. This means anything happens to the car its on his head.

As per your statement the person would be thrown out in 30 mins and not the entire company or dept..this was exactly what i was trying to say. The sales person to be taken to task as he did not check before hand if the car was free and gave you a time.

I am not being Judgemental atall..you might be a big shot in your own rights but still not an Ambani or that calibre. They dont go to the car, the car comes to them and so do top officials of a company. No offence or disrespect to you or anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't quite agree with you! With the statement you make, No companies should have dealers; they should directly start selling & servicing the cars they manufacture! If they assign dealers to work on their behalf, then they better train the staff to behave properly & stick to the commitments they make!

And above all, we are talking about an R8 !!! How many R8s do Audi sell in India every month? And if they treat an R8 potential customer what should people perceive about Audi India or their so called dealers?
It is not as simple as it looks. Forign companies prefer to have local arms to gain market shares and provide feed backs of states. The dealership owner and a sales representative are two different aspects of the sphere. A dealership owner does not have control on the sales persons thought process. The competition today makes one press for sales and thats when things go wrong.

As per sales of an R8 goes its more than what Audi had planned. This is due to the fact it is the cheapest supercar available and has a proper service backing. A potential customer of a 1.5 cr car does not go to a showroom but calls the car to his premises as per his convinience..a window shopper goes to a showroom to see it, maybe its just my thinking. I again dont mean any disrespect to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The dealer representative represents the dealership which in turn represents the brand Audi. For all the marketing millions that companies spend on branding, the face of the company is the sales person. That's precisely why so many brands spend a lot of time & effort in training the sales executive. For most people who are physically exposed to the Audi brand, he is the ONLY face attached to it.
I agree partly here. The sales person being the face of the company was entirely at fault and that is why i said he should be taken to task. The company excecutives were following their protocal and asked Mr.Kapoor to come to the showroom and take the car for his TD.

Quote:
The pre-sales experience is one of the most important influences on a purchase, and it entirely depends on the sales representative (who the dealer & brand are responsible for).
The pre sales experience is the most important and i never said no to it. The only thing i still appose is the blaming of a company for a sales persons fault. Audi is known to go out of their way to make a window shopper also feel at home. I still maintain the sales representative should be taken to task as his flaw gives the company a bad name.

Quote:
His choices were made based on the information provided to him by the dealer.
As you say, the choice was based on information provided by the sales representative of the dealership and not by AUDI INDIA. As per this information i still maintain the sales representative who provided the information should be taken to task and not Audi as a company.

Quote:
no my friend. I am very ordinary Indian. I was only making a point. I have no airs about my position etc.

I am only an auto enthusiast. I am considering an Audi, Bimmer or Merc purchase in next some time but only very humbly to move in that category.

I can't afford a 1.4cr vehicle today but will definitely own it someday soon.

I received an invite to experience R8 and that is how this story started

By the way, the intent is to make them realize that they did a mistake and that is all. I have nothing against Audi or any dealer.
There are ways of doing things and i can understand your frustration of being treated the way you were and the venting of anger is also justified. I only thought the blaming of the company was the wrong thing to do here.

I believe as a potential customer who aspires to buy a supercar at some point and recieves an invite from a dealership should not be treated the way you were. I still say you should take action against the sales person.

Trust me your walking away will stir a whole lot in the Audi stable.

Quote:
Guys, Just wanted to update you. In evening I got a call from a senior Audi official. He owned up the mistake and offered unconditional apology for goof-up. I guess this was good enough, I wanted them to realize the mistake and was happy that they owned it.

Even though I told them that this is enough, they insisted that I experience Audi R8 Spyder and promptly sent a whole team this morning to my place and gave me sports car to experience for over an hour and I gladly obliged with couple of rounds on expressway.

I will share the pictures and "turned positive" experience shortly on forum.
A hindi quote..."Anth bhala, to sab bhalla".( Alls well that ends well).

None of my posts mean disrespect to anyone. They are just my views. Cheers.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 13:06   #18
BHPian

Speedy, you got it all wrong

I never asked for a TD. They (Audi) "invited" me for review and experience. Original plan was to take it to circuit. They changed it because of a delayed photoshoot.

It always helps to read carefully

No hard feeling. Debate stops here.

Thanks my friend.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 14:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Horrible Audi R8 test-drive experience. *UPDATE* Audi makes up for it!

Quote:
Speedy, you got it all wrong

I never asked for a TD. They (Audi) "invited" me for review and experience. Original plan was to take it to circuit. They changed it because of a delayed photoshoot.

It always helps to read carefully

No hard feeling. Debate stops here.

Thanks my friend.
Quote:
Audi R8, most unfortunate experience ever.

I was invited for R-8 drive and was confirmed at 8.30am to take the vehicle on expressway, experience it and click pictures to write about it.

I reached sharp on time at Audi dealership only to find locked door and marketing head called me to inform that he is delayed and he would instruct guard to allow me in and wait while he joins me shortly.

Finally, the marketing head arrived at 9.10am after over 40 minutes of wait. He made me wait for another 30 minutes before informing that vehicle is delayed since Audi India is doing a photoshoot on Expressway.

He advised me to drive to beginning of expressway where another gentleman will meet me. Reluctantly I started for expressway. 30 minutes later when I was about to reach expressway, I got a call from the second gentleman that Audi India officials are trying to rush back so we can't take a Expressway drive instead you can drive back to Audi dealership. I was shocked to hear this but kept my cool and offered my car with driver to ferry Audi India officials back since it does not make sense for me to drive R8 in thick traffic, this defeated the entire effort and purpose.

I have quoted your initial post and i have read it carefully and not in a haste. I think you have missed out points that you think you did mention like "original plan was to take to the circuit". "They changed it due to a delayed Photo shoot".

As per your own post you were invited to take the car out on the expressway and not the circuit. The Audi guys were doing the shoot on the expressway, before you even came to the Dealership. So as per my knowledge they were running as per their schedule and your schedule was delayed and not plans changed. It was always the expressway for you, right from the begining. Being invited or going yourself or even the car coming to the house or office is yet a TD of the vehicle in my limited knowledge. I still say the sales person is at fault as they called you and i assume on your inquiry for the car you got an invite to drive it.

No hard feelings atall, we'll just end the debate here.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:41   #20
BHPian

Just my 2 cents,

Audi's marketing wing, would have given the invites to people who could add/contribute to their sales/market in any way. So in simple terms,
1) Invite was provided
2) Audi dealer/official/someone messed up the fixed schedule
3) Audi realised the folly,
4) Made up in a good way.

Still, good that they set things right ..
octy9833 is offline   Reply With Quote