Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th February 2012, 01:20   #1
BHPian

Default Purchased BMW Performance kit; Parsoli Motors (Surat) won't return my original parts

I'm posting a review of the after-sales experience with the bmw dealership.

I recently bought me a 320d. During the purchase, I ordered the BMW Performance Power kit from them as well. While discussing with the manager, he said he cannot do any trade-ins with the original parts that will be replaced by the power kit as they are considered used.

On goes the installation and after everything gets done, they conveniently decline handing me over the original parts that came in with the car. Now, even when the power kit was paid in full, and no trade-in was discussed, they took over the brand new original parts just because they had first access to it. They are yet to give me a logical reason behind it rather than 'Sir, bmw company policy'.

When I asked them what they would do if I ordered a set of alloys from them, they said they will give me back the original alloys. I fail to see how this is different than that. It is an automobile part, and it has been paid for, there isnt even supposed to be an arguement here. They had no answer when I compared both the scenarios.

Those who own bmws, good luck to you too.

The funniest thing that ever happened to me was when the service manager came to my car and exclaimed 'Oh Shoot! Sir, you've installed window tints. Your car warranty might be voided now'. Repeat, cars warranty declined because of applying window tints to it. I had a long rough argument on this to which the best reason he came up with at last was - 'Sir, bmw has a very advanced computer system and the tints will interfere with its operation. Also, the bmw keys are infrared which will not work properly due to it. Please read the bmw handbook, bmw does not recommend window tinting ' I wonder if the car is seriously this advanced, why would it operate on infrared rather than radio technology? Oh my bad, it does operate on radio technology, only the bmw service manager is yet to find out.

Seriously, I love my car and everything. But this is extensively annoying. A BMW, a BMW employee talking such misinformed and illiterate talks! Anytime I meet him, he comes and recides a different story of how other bmw owners lost warranty claims on their cars by not servicing on time or by doing some minor modifications to the vehicle etc; And that I should not ever do anything to it than what comes from the factory or is professionally installed by thedealership, including non-rfts. Literally whenever I meet him, something about how I could lose my warranty or how some else lost theirs.

It is a 30l Rs car. Now, any prospective bmw owners think, would you spend 30l on a car that you cant even adjust to your personal convenience? Its not like the car is rented that we got to be so careful with it and treat it like else's property. Its a personal car. I do not understand why they are trying to void warranties on their cars using whatever reason comes to mind. It is out of my grasp, the cheap tricks that they are playing with their customers. This is supposed to be BMW, not Maruti.

Note from Team-BHP Support-Team: Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2012 at 01:38. Reason: See note in post :)
cvc2145 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 02:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Purchased the BMW 320D Performance Power kit and got robbed by Parsoli Motors (Surat)

Send a mail to BMW India. They will take care of the crap he is giving you for tints. As for the package, I don't think they would expect most owners to take the parts back. Include this also in your mail, and lets see what they have to say.

But what do you think about the power kit? With exhaust or without?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Default re: Purchased the BMW 320D Performance Power kit and got robbed by Parsoli Motors (Surat)

Warranty lapse because of Window Tint? I can not believe this guy. This is ridiculous at the best.

Did you contact BMW directly? If not, write to BMW directly asap, they should take care of the issues.

OTOH, please mention Dealer's name in the post as well for other BHPians.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 20th February 2012 at 10:02.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 10:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

This appears to be a dealer review, moved to the right section. Please mention the dealer name. - Support Team
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 10:37   #5
BHPian

I'm sorry I forgot to include the dealers name - Parsoli Motors, Surat. It is a branch of the same Parsoli Motors that operates in Ahmedabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Send a mail to BMW India. They will take care of the crap he is giving you for tints. As for the package, I don't think they would expect most owners to take the parts back. Include this also in your mail, and lets see what they have to say.

But what do you think about the power kit? With exhaust or without?
You're right, Its not like I have any use of those parts whatsoever. It is only the feeling of getting cheated by bmw that annoyed me. Had this been pre discuseed or something, I obviously wouldn't have minded. And when I go to think about it, its like they took advantage of having access to those parts firsthand. And then there is also that comparision with purchasing the alloy wheels that comes to mind.

Anyway, I've sent a comprehensive email to bmw. Have included alot of other issues and mismanagement at the dealership in that email. Lets see what they say about it now.

About the power kit, I got it along with the exhaust. The power difference is quite noticeable. Engine is smoother now, lags lesser and gearshifts are quicker. The exhaust doesn't have any note to it at all but the twin pipes look slick.
cvc2145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 10:42   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc2145 View Post

About the power kit, I got it along with the exhaust. The power difference is quite noticeable. Engine is smoother now, lags lesser and gearshifts are quicker. The exhaust doesn't have any note to it at all but the twin pipes look slick.
Good to know, how much did you pay for it totally? I had shown interest with Infinity in Bombay, but yet when the prices were raised from 1.4 to 2.1l they didn't bother to inform me and when I was ready to give the cheque I was told its 2.1l now and the introductory offer expired. An email to BMW got a call from them apologizing but no resolution on the price. I've not installed it yet, but planning to do so soon. Which 320 did you pick up?
Old 20th February 2012, 10:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know, how much did you pay for it totally? I had shown interest with Infinity in Bombay, but yet when the prices were raised from 1.4 to 2.1l they didn't bother to inform me and when I was ready to give the cheque I was told its 2.1l now and the introductory offer expired. An email to BMW got a call from them apologizing but no resolution on the price. I've not installed it yet, but planning to do so soon. Which 320 did you pick up?
I think it was something around the lines of 1.6l with installation. I myself had to keep calling up the sales rep to get a fix on the price. I was quoted 2.1l at a point of time and asked him to recheck as that price would be too much. I think the kit is quite good. Dont know if it is worth spending 2.1l or not though. Have you got any other addon accessory installed in the car?

I picked up the dynamic variant, executives were not in production for some reason at that time, and I didn't really want to wait for the car.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:59   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think it was something around the lines of 1.6l with installation. I myself had to keep calling up the sales rep to get a fix on the price. I was quoted 2.1l at a point of time and asked him to recheck as that price would be too much. I think the kit is quite good. Dont know if it is worth spending 2.1l or not though. Have you got any other addon accessory installed in the car?

I picked up the dynamic variant, executives were not in production for some reason at that time, and I didn't really want to wait for the car.
1.6? Wow. Do you have a copy of the bill or a quote? I'd love to show it to the dealer over here. When did you install the kit btw?

My car is stock now besides the tints, planning to add the carbon splitters, mirrors covers and spoiler soon. Along with white angel eyes.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
1.6? Wow. Do you have a copy of the bill or a quote? I'd love to show it to the dealer over here. When did you install the kit btw?

My car is stock now besides the tints, planning to add the carbon splitters, mirrors covers and spoiler soon. Along with white angel eyes.
I'm not sure if I have kept it or not. Ill try and get a picture if I can find it. Installed it around 2nd week of Jan.
Will you be swapping out the headlamps completely or customising those? You know of anyone who'd have the projectors lamps for a dynamic?

Last edited by cvc2145 : 20th February 2012 at 11:07.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:11   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm not sure if I have kept it or not. Ill try and get a picture if I can find it. Installed it around 2nd week of Jan.
Will you be swapping out the headlamps completely or customising those? You know of anyone who'd have the projectors lamps for a dynamic?
For the angel eyes its just a bulb swap that is needed. There are many kits available. Check out e90post.com and you will see most of the stuff.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 11:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Writing an email does not help as the german manufacturer will route the emails back to your local service station without any intent to resolve the problem.

And at the end of the day the local service station will give you gyans and make you realise is futile fighting this cause.

THe same thing is happening right now with my Jetta. Not same but similar. I wanted to install the blue led door sills. Firstly the service centre gave me the same window tints gyan.

Then for the LED he gave me the gyan that the battery supply is exactly measure to only cater for the current needs of the car. Adding the LED based sill will increase load and hence cause electrical problems which in turn will void warranty.

I told him i wanted this in an email so i can take it up with the HQ. They are yet to get back.

THe same window sills are being installed in US by the dealers without any problem with no reason to worry abt warranty.

We indians are being taken for ride is what i feel.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 15:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Purchased the BMW 320D Performance Power kit and got robbed by Parsoli Motors (Su

PM me the name of the person who said Warranty will be void,

Coming to Car Remote not working with the car, Hmm I've been there, In my S-Class we had some V-Kool tints Had spent a bomb amount of money in it, and at certain random places mainly near those HUGE Electrical transformers my key would not work to open the door, and Mercedes India at that time sent some German to get this checked and we had the same problem at certain places, not at all times, only certain places repeatedly,

Finally we got the front tints removed and this problem was solved,

In no ways am I saying the warranty will be Void, Im only sharing an experience I have had, and the explanation given to me was about some metal component in that tint,

(Like I said I am no expert I don't even know what metal content was in that tint but I suppose he could be referring to that)

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 15:59   #13
BHPian

Default Re: Purchased the BMW 320D Performance Power kit and got robbed by Parsoli Motors (Su

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2012 at 16:19.
kunaldhami is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th February 2012, 21:17   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Purchased BMW Performance kit; Parsoli Motors (Surat) won't return my original pa

CVC2145

First of all Congrats on your new purchase .

Quote:
I ordered the BMW Performance Power kit from them
Do you have a written Quote from them ? Are you very sure they have not adjusted any money against the original parts ? This may be different from Trade-in , like last month my company guys bought an Innova & Toyota Dealer in chandigarh conveniently kept all 5 steel wheels , when I came to know and checked with there spare part adviser , he cleverly told that they have charged Rs 1000 less for Alloys . I immediately sent Rs 1000 to get 5 steel Rims back . So communicate with someone senior at dealership preferably by mail and ask for price break up . You will have a written proof if you want to escalate this issue with BMW .

Quote:
cars warranty declined because of applying window tints to it
Tint films probably affects operation of window glass in few models , most likely because of profile of Glass , I had faced problem of some noise in my X6 front window as thickness of 3M film that I had used was interfering . Maybe dealer was not able to explain you properly .
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 21:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Did you contact BMW directly? If not, write to BMW directly asap, they should take care of the issues.
Quote:
It was an interesting day today. I got a call around 12 pm only from the service manager of the dealership. He didn't mention anything about my email, but said that the general manager had a talk with him and that he would be returning the parts to me. He asked me to collect it whenever it was convenient for me. Funny, because a month back when I was having an argument about those parts and asked them about the parts current location, they said it had been sent back to bmw hq in germany.

Later on around 5 pm I got a call from him again acknowledging me about the receipt of my email and that he got a call from bmw india to return those parts. I told him that I mentioned about the window tinting warranty issue as well. He asked me to come in and have a discussion. Apparently, he was talking with a lot of respect, which was appreciated by me. I couldn't find anytime during the day today so will go in tomorrow to pick up those parts and also discuss the warranty issues he is having with the car. Lets see what he says tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Writing an email does not help as the german manufacturer will route the emails back to your local service station without any intent to resolve the problem.

And at the end of the day the local service station will give you gyans and make you realise is futile fighting this cause.

The same thing is happening right now with my Jetta. Not same but similar. I wanted to install the blue led door sills. Firstly the service centre gave me the same window tints gyan.

Then for the LED he gave me the gyan that the battery supply is exactly measure to only cater for the current needs of the car. Adding the LED based sill will increase load and hence cause electrical problems which in turn will void warranty.

I told him i wanted this in an email so i can take it up with the HQ. They are yet to get back.

THe same window sills are being installed in US by the dealers without any problem with no reason to worry abt warranty.

We indians are being taken for ride is what i feel.
I always get a sad feeling thinking about the automotive scene in India. 'The man who owns the stick makes the rules' quote applies here. It is interestingly embarrassing how some Indians try to push India back by showing how misinformed/knowledge deprived they are, and apparently granted with great power. I've always felt that if you behave in a decent fashion with them, they will take you for a ride. Same thing if you shout on them and curse them, they'll bend to your will.

I have good friends at the local honda dealership and I know how easily things can be sorted out by them. Only if the employees understood what their responsibilities are towards their customers and tried to respect it, everything would be so smooth flowing. I also remember how it is like owning cars outside India is. They would uphold their warranties even if you make genuine mods to the engine or install a good premium sound system. The guy was actually surprised when I asked if the warranty could be voided if I installed a set of alloys and tires there. No nonsense, they will only decline warranty on a part if that part has been directly affected by your modification. Unless you're an angry guy, or have connections at the dealership, all of them will try and decline warranties on 99% of the claims they get to turn up their revenues.

Volkswagen in India is another big joke. My polo after having met with an accident needed new headlights. Not exaggerating here, but I have sent the car 3 times for proper alignment of the headlights and it is still a disappointment. They have no aftersales support. I've totally stopped dealing with them, just bought myself a vag-com and get whatever I require done from a local mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
PM me the name of the person who said Warranty will be void,

Coming to Car Remote not working with the car, Hmm I've been there, In my S-Class we had some V-Kool tints Had spent a bomb amount of money in it, and at certain random places mainly near those HUGE Electrical transformers my key would not work to open the door, and Mercedes India at that time sent some German to get this checked and we had the same problem at certain places, not at all times, only certain places repeatedly,

Finally we got the front tints removed and this problem was solved,

In no ways am I saying the warranty will be Void, Im only sharing an experience I have had, and the explanation given to me was about some metal component in that tint,

(Like I said I am no expert I don't even know what metal content was in that tint but I suppose he could be referring to that)

Regards,
This is quite surprising, but atleast makes sense. However I'm very sure the manager who told me about this was trying to show off his knowledge and more or less frighten me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know a single incident of something like this happening in a vehicle as he would have surely mentioned one when I was questioning him if he knew one. I feel it would be inappropriate to take his name out in public, so lets just ease out on him. I'm quite sure after getting that call he'd never make up his own theories from now on.