Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th March 2013, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
I'm not quite sure what parts are going to be replaced. from what I remember when i gave the car in for the repair the following parts would need to be replaced:

1. Rear dead axile
2. 1 Rear wheel rim
3. Quarter panel
4. Quarter panel glass
5. Rear RH door.
6. Front bumper
7. Rear bumper
8. Rear Tail Lights
9. Running board repair.
10. Right rear view mirror repair.
From the parts which you have listed, I think the quote of 5.5L is too high. Any other dealer from whom this can be checked?
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 17:45   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days

Im not really concerned with the cost since the Insurance will cover the bulk of it. I just hope the work is done properly. I hate rattles and niggling issues that usually crop up after such repairs.
InfinteLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 10:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what parts are going to be replaced. from what I remember when i gave the car in for the repair the following parts would need to be replaced
It is impossible for all these parts to cost 5.5lac. The Skoda Rapid parts are not typical Skoda expensive and even if it did, it is impossible to arrive at 5.5lac. All of this should cost about 1.5lac tops.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 10:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Im not really concerned with the cost since the Insurance will cover the bulk of it. I just hope the work is done properly. I hate rattles and niggling issues that usually crop up after such repairs.
Do you have zero depreciation cover? Otherwise for a quote of 5.5L, I think you will have to pay a significant amount. How old is your car? I still feel though that the estimated quote is very high

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
It is impossible for all these parts to cost 5.5lac. The Skoda Rapid parts are not typical Skoda expensive and even if it did, it is impossible to arrive at 5.5lac. All of this should cost about 1.5lac tops.
+1. That is what I am thinking as well.
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 23:21   #35
BHPian

I dont have zero depreciation cover. I going with the faith that insurance guys will know an inflated price tag when they see one. The surveyor also needs to take pictures of the damage as evidence. they are bound to get caught if the price is over inflated.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:43   #36
BHPian

Finally got the car back. Total cost 1.5L - My share 50K. :(
Quality of work - Very good!!
Old 1st November 2013, 13:31   #37
BHPian

[quote=ajitmoses;
I really hope Chennai gets another dealer so that there is no more monopoly.
[/quote]

I second your thought. I felt that Gurudev motors sales team is not courteous and they look at you in a way that "are you a buyer ? "

Did you felt anything similar in service too ?

This can be avoided only if they have competition

Quote:

Most of the damage is actually under the rear end of the vehicle when the car flew over gravel mould piled up on the side of the road. Quote is 5.5Lakhs. Wonder what would need to be put up from my end.
I seriously felt like fainted. what does the 5.5 lacs equals too ? engine and 3/4th of the body ?
trtraj is offline   Reply With Quote