Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 22:24   #16
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Dude, this seems like a case of outright cheating. If your company has already paid the money that's reflected on the invoice, he has no business holding back your 50k. I would suggest that you stop pleading with them and approach the police. Trust me you will have your money back in no time.
Thanks HKap.
That thought did cross my mind today.
Infact i am just one bit away from actually doing that.
This corporate sales manager guy has promised me of refunding the rest of the deposit by tomorrow.
So, i thought why not give them another day and see if they would really do what they say.
Will keep you guys updated on what happens tomorrow.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 10:36   #17
BHPian
 
revintup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kottaym
Posts: 381
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
And ,if at all they had charged us for the clutch and the towing ,the total replacement cost would have come to around 32K INR ( 6 K service+10 K towing+16 K clutch)
How can they even think of charging for the clutch replacement when the car is well within the warranty period? Dont think you got any freebies here, just what you were entitled to. And even 16k that you spent seems like money wasted for apparently no fault of yours.
revintup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 11:01   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 189
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Thanks HKap.
That thought did cross my mind today.
Infact i am just one bit away from actually doing that.
This corporate sales manager guy has promised me of refunding the rest of the deposit by tomorrow.
So, i thought why not give them another day and see if they would really do what they say.
Will keep you guys updated on what happens tomorrow.
Cheers,
Deepak
Keep us posted. Its time that these dealers learn to respect the customer. The thing is that the cops might just drag one of them to the police station and that would be the last time they do anything like this!
HKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 11:37   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
How can they even think of charging for the clutch replacement when the car is well within the warranty period? Dont think you got any freebies here, just what you were entitled to. And even 16k that you spent seems like money wasted for apparently no fault of yours.
Typically clutch is not covered under warranty unless it is proven that there is a manufacturing error. A clutch can go for a toss within 30 kms of driving if driven by an inexperienced driver riding the clutch or if driven with handbrake on. Such a kind of failure will not be covered under warranty.
DieselFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 13:34   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,161
Thanked: 706 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Typically clutch is not covered under warranty unless it is proven that there is a manufacturing error. A clutch can go for a toss within 30 kms of driving if driven by an inexperienced driver riding the clutch or if driven with handbrake on. Such a kind of failure will not be covered under warranty.
Yes ,a clutch can fry within 100 kms if not driven properly .And hence it isnt covered under warranty .

VW replaced it free of charge for saying it is a goodwill gesture . We were lucky that the car stalled inside Mysore city .Imagine what would have happened had it happened inside the forest section that we were planning to drive to .

Goodwill or charged service,we have decided to stay away from VW and will advice others also to do the same .I can never trust VW India products anymore.

My 11 year old MUL car and 10 year old Lancer both of which have more than a lac kms on them ,have never failed us on the road . I would rather spend 2 lacs on modifying these cars than spend 7 lacs on an overpriced unreliable car

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
How can they even think of charging for the clutch replacement when the car is well within the warranty period? Dont think you got any freebies here, just what you were entitled to. And even 16k that you spent seems like money wasted for apparently no fault of yours.
We had to pay just 6K ,but that was for the service .The service advisors are like robots ! The first service check lists say open brake pads and drums .So they do that for a car thats done only 1200 kms and charge you for the same
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:08   #21
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Dear Friends,
I just wanted to update the thread that i've finally received my cheque for 50K completely.
After contacting the corporate sales manager at the showroom and having some rather long conversations, he got us back the initial deposit that we had paid.
So, they reversed the extended warranty and also refunded the accessories amount.
So, it all comes to an end without me losing any money.

I just wish that this hadn't happened and atleast that they do not do this to their next customers. We all would love to write nice things about them.

Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 14:01   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore,Coorg
Posts: 790
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
I just wanted to update the thread that i've finally received my cheque for 50K completely.
So, they reversed the extended warranty and also refunded the accessories amount.
I just wish that this hadn't happened and atleast that they do not do this to their next customers. We all would love to write nice things about them.
It is good to know that they finally refunded the money.

I am just wondering why you did not take the extended warranty at 8,000. It is worthwhile if you ask me as you get another (is it one or two) years of warranty, which provides you a lot more peace of mind and if anything happens in that time, it is free. Of course this is dependent on what is covered, but still.

I only hope they learn and improve their service levels
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 19:22   #23
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: Bad experience with Volkswagen Palace Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I am just wondering why you did not take the extended warranty at 8,000. It is worthwhile if you ask me as you get another (is it one or two) years of warranty, which provides you a lot more peace of mind and if anything happens in that time, it is free. Of course this is dependent on what is covered, but still.
Dear Ganapathy,
Yup, you are right. Extended warranty does give some additional peace of mind. But, looking at this palace cross showroom, i found that it ain't worth it.
With the tyres upgrade and whatever else in the future, it is always easy for the dealer to say no for the warranty because of these changes.
So, to avail this warranty, i would have to drive the car the way it is for 4 years.
This is the reason why i din't want this extended warranty.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Jetta, Premature driveshaft wear - VW Palace Cross won't replace ajmat Indian Car Dealerships 19 21st October 2016 19:06
New Volkswagen Showroom in Bangalore (Palace Cross) ashwinsid Indian Car Dealerships 15 27th April 2016 13:29
Polo R Cup on display at VW Palace Cross, Bangalore abhieagle Indian Motorsport 4 22nd May 2013 14:37
VW Palace Cross Service Feedback euroexotic Indian Car Dealerships 8 11th August 2012 12:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks