Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th March 2012, 10:00   #16
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Tata Motors & Prerna Motors New Car Buying Experience

Got the car yesterday, the experience of driving was awesome but hiccups still continued. Will write about it a bit later.

Please find few pictures below of the issues in the car, which caused the delays and hardships.

Dent on door

Chip inside door panel

Bumper Scratch repainted

Finally a pic of my car ... the Italian Stallion ...

So post delivery i drove out of the showroom the parking break light came on and was not going. I called the dealer, told him about the issue. Drove straight down to Prerna motors Kudlu gate service center. Asked him to check break fluid and hand break sensor.They took 30 minutes took the car inside and did checkups. Finally came back saying the sensor for parking brake was faulty and they replaced the same. So on the day of delivery i had the opportunity to visit the service center to fix the issue.

Let's see how things go from here.Now i am waiting for my new bumper and panel to arrive to replace the faulty ones.

Last edited by Dushie : 20th March 2012 at 10:05.
Dushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 16:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Motors & Prerna Motors New Car Buying Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post

Finally a pic of my car ... the Italian Stallion ...

So post delivery i drove out of the showroom the parking break light came on and was not going. I called the dealer, told him about the issue. Drove straight down to Prerna motors Kudlu gate service center. Asked him to check break fluid and hand break sensor.They took 30 minutes took the car inside and did checkups. Finally came back saying the sensor for parking brake was faulty and they replaced the same. So on the day of delivery i had the opportunity to visit the service center to fix the issue.

Let's see how things go from here.Now i am waiting for my new bumper and panel to arrive to replace the faulty ones.
Congrats on finally getting your car after the struggle that you went through.

The front really has a shocking resemblence to the Manza I just noticed it after seeing your car pic, i never looked at the refreshed Vista closely.

Hope no one else faces the same, if you are visiting Kudlu Gate for your services ask for one Mr. Sharanappa, he is a good guy.

Last edited by motomaverick : 21st March 2012 at 16:49.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:35   #18
BHPian

Thanks, yes Hirak you are right, from the front, both cars look the same as in the new vista refresh version they are giving Manza headlights. So from the front both cars look more or less the same. Only if you look at the rear you will get to know its a Vista.

I will be visiting the Kudlu gate showroom next week hopefully to get the bumper and inside door panel changed. Will update once i go through that experience.

Also the new car price has gone up. My car is costing 18k + on road post budget. So that's bad news as cars get more expensive. Good news is that Karnataka govt has reduced the tax on diesel so post 1st April diesel will cost 50 paise cheaper, it will be around 45.67

Last edited by Dushie : 22nd March 2012 at 08:40.
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:34   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Dushie, congrats on the new car. Wishing you a long, happy ownership of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
So that's bad news as cars get more expensive. Good news is that Karnataka govt has reduced the tax on diesel so post 1st April diesel will cost 50 paise cheaper, it will be around 45.67
50 ps cheaper today - but petrol & diesel prices are set to increase as early as next week.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well today I recieved an interesting call from pune i.e. Tata Motors Quality Assurance team. Heres how the conversation went.

[Tata]: Hello Sir, I am calling from the Quality Assurance team of Tata motors, this is to take a feedback from you on your car based on the feedback you have put up in Team-Bhp
[Me] <<I was like >> Yeah, sure, you saw my feedback on Team-bhp.com?
[Tata] yes sir, so we wanted to see if there are any open issues
[Me] Thanks, yes there is one small issue of a noise that comes when turning the steering
[Tata] Ok, is is this the only open issue?
[Me] yes, all the rest was resolved
[Tata] You take your vehicle to Prerana?
[Me] Yes, Prerana, Kudlu Gate

Then the rep understands the problem exactly and infact is able to rephrase the issue back to me correctly. Post this he informed that we will get the Bangalore Customer service person to coordinate and resolve this issue. There are certain steps they need to take. So we fixed a date when it can be done.

Kudos to Tbhp once again, forcing manufacturers to situp and take notice **claps**
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

@Dushie, congratulations on the car, happy to see that finally the ordeal has ended, and you are now a happy customer/owner of the car you wanted to buy.

TM Customer Service reading through TeamBHP is not new, i have seen instances of that happening a few times.

Hopefully soon we might have other manufacturers also subscribed to Team BHP making it even better for customers for all brands to get quality service which they rightfully deserve.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:07   #22
BHPian

It's good to see the response of Tata Motors after reading through teambhp. I am sure they are very much aware of the forum. As whatever interactions i had with them last week they knew very well i am a member of this forum. Guess it is good for us the customers if they really wake up and start acting on these things. The sooner they realize the reach and power of social media the better it is for them. As a customer the satisfaction i get is that at least some effort is being made to address the concerns raised and someone is bothered about it.
Old 29th December 2012, 08:20   #23

@Dushie, I am planning to book Manza (Club class) with Prerana motors, BTM today. The sales rep's name is Ravi Kumar J. Wondering if its the same Ravi that you dealt with.

I actually started negotiating with Concorde, Diary Circle (the sales rep was Lijo, a very nice guy) but they were not giving me a good deal on my old car. Prerana gave me 10K extra without me bargaining while Concorde was not ready to budge even after 1 week of negotiation.

Anything I should watch out for?
pat2kin is offline   Reply With Quote