Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th March 2012, 09:07   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default CarZ, a multi-brand service outlet, enters the Bangalore market

High Points

- CarZ was founded in 2008 by a management team that has experience in the North American Auto industry. They offer service & repairs for all makes of cars.

- Headquartered in Hyderabad, the company currently operates in 14 locations across Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.

- CarZ has partnered with the European company Akzonobel for full body painting requirements and with BASF to source paint. CarZ uses the StockTrack software for inventory management of 340 models of cars.

- The two new service outlets are located at Rajajinagar & Sarjapur Road, Bangalore.

- CarZ provides preventive maintenance, electrical & mechanical repair, accident repair denting and painting, tyres and services, battery, styling and performance accessories, interior and exterior detailing.

- CarZ has tied-up with several public and private insurance companies for processing cashless insurance claims as well as insurance renewals. CarZ also offers express and mobile service to customers for their convenience, where one can get their car picked up from their doorsteps at night and get it back (in case of minor maintenance repair) the next day before office at no extra cost.

- Please share your experiences if you've used their services; would greatly help other BHPians.

CarZ, a multi-brand service outlet, enters the Bangalore market-carz-bangalore-outlet.jpg

CarZ, a multi-brand service outlet, enters the Bangalore market-carz-service-station.jpg

CarZ, a multi-brand service outlet, enters the Bangalore market-carz-team.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 09:21   #2
BHPian

Default Re: CarZ, a multi-brand service outlet, enters the Bangalore market

I have given my Swift for 35K Service yesterday to their Sarjapur outlet. I will update once I got my car back.
Speed-Gladiator is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 09:46   #3
BHPian

I have a question.

What is the advantage of visiting a multi-brand service centre as compared to the car company's service centre? Are the service/repair charges so different ?

Also, are these multi-brand service centres authorised by the car companies ? (In other words, is it advisable to visit such multi-brand service centres during the warranty period of the car ?)

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 09:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

They dont seem to have a website?
Most of the repairs might not involve parts being replaced. Should be exterior and preventive maintenance (oil etc) and detailing.
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 10:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What is the advantage of visiting a multi-brand service centre as compared to the car company's service centre? Are the service/repair charges so different ?
Excellent question, now i have been using carnation for last many many years and initially they were significantly cheaper then MASS, they had less load (In terms of customers) so that meant personal attention and the SA knew me personally so just a call to him was enough to get an appointment. When they started they had good engineers from Maruti so they were quick to diagnose the problem and suggest cheapest solutions in fixing them (Thrice my repair bill came to <300 Rs, all because they did not changed the part completely).

Lately everything that set them apart and different from MSIL has been no longer visible. SA's have changed, expert engineers from MSIL have left for greener pastures, now almost every time they suggest change everything (rather than taking painful route of fixing it), also at the same time they have become more expensive.

So i guess the short answer is when they are new, they are more competitive and better, but sooner then later they are as good (or as worse) as authorized service centers.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 10:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
I have given my Swift for 35K Service yesterday to their Sarjapur outlet. I will update once I got my car back.
If you gave it for service yesterday, why haven't you got it back still.

I visited this outlet at Sarjapur junction to see. I didn't get any work done on my car but just wanted to take a tour of the place. The place looked neat and clean (maybe because they are very new). The seem to have sufficient place. They seemed well equipped for working on cars.

The only drawback I could find on my tour, is that the outlet is located in a very dusty setting. There was a lot of dust outside due to road work and empty land around.
carbookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 10:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
They dont seem to have a website?
Most of the repairs might not involve parts being replaced. Should be exterior and preventive maintenance (oil etc) and detailing.
They do have a website listing their services.
CarZ | Home > Multi-brand car repairs and servicing | car denting & painting | car wash - Hyderabad
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 11:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Excellent question, now i have been using carnation for last many many years and initially they were significantly cheaper then MASS, they had less load (In terms of customers) so that meant personal attention and the SA knew me personally so just a call to him was enough to get an appointment. When they started they had good engineers from Maruti so they were quick to diagnose the problem and suggest cheapest solutions in fixing them (Thrice my repair bill came to <300 Rs, all because they did not changed the part completely).

Lately everything that set them apart and different from MSIL has been no longer visible. SA's have changed, expert engineers from MSIL have left for greener pastures, now almost every time they suggest change everything (rather than taking painful route of fixing it), also at the same time they have become more expensive.

So i guess the short answer is when they are new, they are more competitive and better, but sooner then later they are as good (or as worse) as authorized service centers.
+1 to that and totally agree, its just like a food joint initially they are great on quality but later after staff change in the lower management it just slides down. So i still believe that building a personal rapport with a SA in A.S.S is far better than using them, after the spare parts from from the manufacturer only.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 13:07   #9
BHPian

I hope these new Multi brand service venture will be doing better than the first and original entrant, while Carnation entered the market it was an uncharted territory. There was no model to follow, everything was supposed to be learnt through trial and error method. The newer players like carz have advantage of learning from a model which has already been tested and improved upon by someone else, e.g. this unit of carz is way smaller compared to Carnation's Marathalli unit. The smaller size will result in lower rent/lease which will significantly brings the overheads down. At the same time this will result in higher bay productivity.

Not being the first entrant in the industry also give the option of hiring manpower which has already been trained at someone else's cost, e.g the guy in white shirt with spectacles is their regional manager, who is an ex-employee of Carnation.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
Did you get it back now? Any comments that you can share?

I went to the place yesterday (The place is ~5 mins drive from my home). I used the time to look around and inquire about the how much it would potentially cost me to get some of the repairs done on my Baleno. After checking they said they would call me back as i am not in a position to give the car now. Will only give it to them sometime in April once the schools stop (as the car is busy with school drop/pickup business).

The place looks decent and clean, they don't seem to have all the parts in stock and are sometimes not aware of the prices. Hence any deep probing will get you We will get back to you sir answer.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 16:32   #11
BHPian

Anybody knows the exact location of carz in rajajinagar, Bangalore? Location is not updated in their website.
_chikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 09:18   #12

CarZ in rajajinagar is located in the connecting road between sujatha theater and leprosy hospital(old mysore road, tank bund road, magadi road)
kamadhenu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 12:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadhenu87
CarZ in rajajinagar is located in the connecting road between sujatha theater and leprosy hospital(old mysore road, tank bund road, magadi road)
OK, will visit soon.
_chikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 12:28   #14
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone got their cars serviced / repaired / bought accessories from CARZ? Looking for feedback

GTO, Do you know these guys personally? Any feedback ?

Vivek
vivekrvcse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 16:45   #15
BHPian

My experience with Bellandur outlet in Bangalore is here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...body-work.html
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote