Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 16th April 2012, 11:47   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29

Dear Karan,

I am sorry I couldn't be part of the delivery process as i was out of office.

I am glad to see that your experience got little better at the end and you are enjoying your car.

Again i apologize for everything on behalf of Audi Mumbai West.

I thank Akshay to bring this issue to my notice and would like to thank Team-Bhp to offer us a good platform to discuss all our views.

Karan I have sent a PM with my cell number. if you need any help feel free to contact me directly.

Other than that you can anytime drop in to my showroom if you are passing by and we can have a quick BHP meet and a cup of coffee

Cheers
Devang
Thanks devang, would have loved to meet you, however will surely catch up for the bhp meet sometime and have received your number too, shall be in touch.

Meanwhile, I've sent a mail today for some stuff that's pending so will wait for a clearance on that and will call up to have a demo arranged as I haven't received one yet.

Drive safe.
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 21:20   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Some pictures taken at the time of delivery (The one in the Red T-shirt is me), got a few calls today from Audi and was happy to feel like an Audi customer finally. Getting a Demo tomorrow of the car and should be all set post that, a Big thanks to Akshay for bringing this to Devang's attention.

an ownership review with a lot more pictures in the making, once again thank you all of you for your support.

Drive Safe.
Attached Images

Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 16:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I was not only referring to Audi but to other brands as well. The car companies do not really consider Indians as buyers but just as someone to throw bait at. Buy it or leave it is their policy. This is really sad, especially after shelling out millions to buy one's favorite car!

I also feel it should not be the case but unfortunately is a reality.

Not only the dealers but the overal vehicle quality & workmanship is also poor when sold in India, as compared to what you get abroad.

Is everything now to your expectation & satisfaction?

Nitin

Last edited by nitinbose : 17th April 2012 at 17:01.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 17:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was not only referring to Audi but to other brands as well. The car companies do not really consider Indians as buyers but just as someone to throw bait at. Buy it or leave it is their policy. This is really sad, especially after shelling out millions to buy one's favorite car!

I also feel it should not be the case but unfortunately is a reality.

Not only the dealers but the overal vehicle quality & workmanship is also poor when sold in India, as compared to what you get abroad.

Nitin
You are right .The dealer's sales guys are another lot of pests.When I got my Alto K10 delivery,on that day and before that day this chap was after me with all smiles and yes sir yes sir on his lips.
After exactly six months I had to go to them for my RC Book collection ,same guy was totally indifferent,and was like not recognizing me...Now it is not that they sell about 500 cars per day that he forgot me.
Over and above there was a big issue of my car,as I was about to be sold by them a nov 2010 yr car, in march 2011.
I was firm and spoilt their plan of selling me a 2010 car in 2011..heheheheh
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 19:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone,

Nitin
Yes Nitin, I'm getting sorted now more or less. Getting a Demo today and the papers shall follow. I believe dealers are able to do what you mentioned only because the average indian customer is too shy to speak of whats right and what's not!

While you shouldn't be a Nag, however it's important to point out whats missed out.

Cheers!
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 06:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

Yes Nitin, I'm getting sorted now more or less. Getting a Demo today and the papers shall follow. I believe dealers are able to do what you mentioned only because the average indian customer is too shy to speak of whats right and what's not!

While you shouldn't be a Nag, however it's important to point out whats missed out.

Cheers!
Good to see you are loving the car after all that you went through for last 4 months Karan.

About the demo, I would rate it as average as the person did not know few things in the car like how you can view the KMPL on the dash, what does tyre size mean, though he did teach us the manual mode in Audi A4, which we were aware off, only read in a thread. Manual mode is fun way of driving the Audi even though there is no paddle shifts.

My particular grouse with the sales person was ht even though the tyre read 125/70 r19, he kept on saying that it's 17 inch tyre as somewhere on the tyre it's mentioned cst 17. (talking about the spare tyre here)

Karan had to figure out on his own how to use the KMPL, distance to empty and other features in his own. But I am sure thats okay Karan as self help is the best help right.

Awaiting your ownership thread soon with lots of pictures.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 22:34   #52
BHPian

Angry Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Good to see you are loving the car after all that you went through for last 4 months Karan.

About the demo, I would rate it as average as the person did not know few things in the car like how you can view the KMPL on the dash, what does tyre size mean
Yes he did not know how to use the on board computer which was the main feature i wanted to learn (Finally did on my own). There were other features and specs of the car he didn't talk about which i will in my ownership thread.

Latest update:

I received the insurance copy and was to see that it wasn't zero deb with audi secure which i paid for. Upon asking he told me, they missed adding it and will ask the insurance company to correct and re-send.

Today i got a call from some third party asking for an appointment for the car to be re-diagnosed before that cover can be provided! I called him post that to check why the re-check was required only to be told that it's a pre-requisite for providing insurance which confirms that he missed it actually even despite i reminding him on e-mails, chats and phone atleast 50 times!

It's a shame that they still sent the same lousy and non-competent person for my demo and remaining paper work when i cleary stated during the discussion and in my feedback form that i'm extremely uncomfortable with the guy to say the least!

I've seen many people with relatively less knowledge about their products but atleast they were more receptive and their follow up was beyond excellence since they already know knowledge was not their USP.

It reminds me of my VW Passat TD experience which was awesome, despite the guy not knowing some features completely, he was keen to learn the car from me as i had gone through detailed T-BHP review on the passsat (If i remember correctly by Ajmat) before going for the TD. His follow up and closure to the deal if i had taken that car was beyond imagination as i had the sales head calling me in 2 hours from the TD to discuss and close the deal if i'm keen to buy.

Lastly i don't want to de-grade an amazing vehicle like Audi which i absolutely love for this one man who just not worth a discussion.

Shall be putting up the ownership thread mostly by this week end.

Cheers!
Old 10th May 2012, 04:02   #53
BHPian

congrats on the A4, looks sleek in white, when i called the audi showroom to enquire about the A4 a month back, i was told by a sale person when comparing it to the bmw that the A4 was also a rear wheel drive, i got a shock of my life & actually thought i had it wrong all this time
audi india need to educate their sales team big time about the products..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 20:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
congrats on the A4, looks sleek in white, when i called the audi showroom to enquire about the A4 a month back, i was told by a sale person when comparing it to the bmw that the A4 was also a rear wheel drive, i got a shock of my life & actually thought i had it wrong all this time
audi india need to educate their sales team big time about the products..
Thank you pal, this is nothing for my ears atleast with Audi sales folks. I'm sure he was talking about the quattro which is an AWD.
You're lucky he didn't say it can fly and swim too using drive select .

This is a cultural problem which can happen is any organization so Audi is no different. The Culture in an organization always flows top down!
Old 18th June 2012, 18:05   #55

Do not accept a damaged car! Also who was your SA! Some of the guys at Audi Mumbai west are quite good. I Have never had a bad experience with my A6
kzaveri19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 09:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzaveri19
Do not accept a damaged car! Also who was your SA! Some of the guys at Audi Mumbai west are quite good. I Have never had a bad experience with my A6
Actually if you read through the entire thread, I've already taken delivery two months back. The change was small and my experience a was already too bad to make it worse.

Quite frankly, the sour taste still exists at the back of my mind somewhere, but still i don't want to cause harm to anyone hence, not revealing the name here. All i can tell you is that he really fibbed too much and with each passing day I found more and more.

For the first time in my life I've taken delivery of a car without my family that too like this, but anyways,I had decided that day itself, if I'm unable to overcome the experience mentally, I'll change the car after 6 months!

The other guys at audi are indeed nice, so I completely agree with you, but somehow I was unfortunate.

Anyways, appreciate your post and will keep you guys updated on what I do after 6 months.

Cheers!
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:06   #57
BHPian

im soo happy im not working for amw no more. when i was working there as a brand manager it was a fun job but honestly outta the 50+ cars i might have sold the time i was there only 10 or so ever got delivered on time. when things didnt go well the sales person always gets the blame it sucked. the managers dont know what they are doing if anything goes wrong they put their hands up and say take care of it to the sales person.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 23:37   #58
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I thought Bollywood celebs would be meted out better treatment but that doesn't seem to be the case! Perschke is forever inundated with tweets with regard to bad service,bad dealership experience,etc from the twitter folks.

Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience-audi.png
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 23:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I thought Bollywood celebs would be meted out better treatment but that doesn't seem to be the case! Perschke is forever inundated with tweets with regard to bad service,bad dealership experience,etc from the twitter folks.
I'm not shocked at all, they lack product knowledge and thereby the attitude to serve as well.