Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 29th April 2012, 19:56   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
I gave my car yesterday to the service centre and signed on the receipt. If you read the T&Cs, you are responsible for everything and anything even if it happens at the dealership.
The dealership is still responsible for the car. You can take them to court if its their mistake. But it will be a very long process and many of them are scared of the courts for this reason.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 22:21   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

You can take the money that they are offering, and still file a case against them in the consumer court. There is a clear deficiency of service from Advaith, as one of their agents, the service advisor was the person who sold this car. My advise, take get an independent valuer to get an estimate of your car, your insurance valuation will also be good enough; take the money from Advaith Hyundai, sue them for the additional money that you had to spend to buy a new car in addition to the general damages caused to you. You will not get the damages instantaneously, but rest assured, you will get the damages. I say this to you from personal experience.
krivbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 14:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Gentlemen

Posting on behalf and with permission from my HR Manager. His car went missing and this is the story of what has happened so far.
I am curious, normally when a car is given at the A.S.S. a job card is filled and an entry made in the computer (at least thats what Maruti, Mahindra & Toyota do), how come there was no trace of the car with the service outlet.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:16   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I am curious, normally when a car is given at the A.S.S. a job card is filled and an entry made in the computer (at least thats what Maruti, Mahindra & Toyota do), how come there was no trace of the car with the service outlet.
The logical explanation is that the SA just gave the job card to the owner but did not enter the details in the comp, since its not a service and body work, plus he would have planned this ahead of giving away the car. Since Sandeep mentioned 6 cars have had the same fate then I smell something fishy here in this service center.

Come to think if it, this is the first time I am hearng such a case, that too with a A.S.S dealer.

I have also read the t&c that are written on the back of the job card and putting such clauses such as responsibility of the car etc; makes it easier for the company to avoid legal hassles. Is there any update on what is happening now? I guess the car is still with the police awaiting Advaith to take the possesion.

Use twitter to atleast get the car back, it works, worked for me with Goibibo when they were delaying refund of an amount.

@HyundaiIndia for twitter or try Hyundai India Facebook

Last edited by motomaverick : 3rd May 2012 at 16:19.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

After such an issue, I am surprised to hear this guy wants a replacement car from the same place. I would not touch the place with a barge pole.

In my opinion, the owner needs to confirm that 4.5L is what he will get in hand net of all demands (court/ police, etc). That would be a fair amount as most of the hassle would then be taken by Advaith.
Next actions: avoid Advaith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Tell him to:
Don't sell it in the open market (why would he want to spoil some other's peace f mind if something unfortunate happens in the future)
Agree with your other points, but am a bit confused about this one. Would Advaith not sell it to another unsuspecting customer anyway?
Or perhaps you want to say that at least the onus would not be on this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The demand for a replacement car may not materialize, but I think there's enough scope to claim compensation for negligence, inconvenience and mental agony. Why not try the consumer court?
Consumer court for cars in India? please check harishv's thread on his unreturned Skoda. I would not wish it on anyone.
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Good news. The car is back with my HR Manager. Will post more details on what he had to go through and what else remains. I swung by his office this evening and he did tell me there were some concerns remaining and will tell me more about it tomorrow.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 15:06   #67
BHPian

I just want to share with fellow readers that my experience with Advaith Hyundai has not been very good.

I recently (6th-Aug-2012) dropped off my Getz for fixing some issues - mainly being a power window switch that needed replacement and putting in a new float for the fuel gauge as it was malfunctioning. Also minor repairs were ordered.

Car was delivered same evening with the power window switch and fuel gauge float not being fixed due to spares being unavailable. Other small issues were attended to and fixed.

I have paid an advance of Rs. 2000/- to the dealer (Advaith Hyundai @ Devarabeesanahalli on ORR, Bangalore) and asked him to contact me as soon as spares are received.

So far, no one has called me from the dealership. I am unsure if it takes so long to get these spares.

My earlier service appointments with Advaith Hyundai have also not been a good experience. On one occasion, they messed up with the tail lamp assembly by interchanging the turn-indicator and stop-light bulbs. Had to go all the way back from Bannerghatta Road to their shop to get it fixed. I could have visited their JP Nagar shop, but I didnt have a good experience there too and I felt they were over-charging me for some other problem that I reported earlier.

Overall, I am glad that I probably have seen the last of Advaith Hyundai as I have now sold off my Getz in favor of Maruti Ertiga. However, I feel that there has to be some way to ensure that after-sales service is provided to satisfaction of the customer - it seems that big dealerships like Advaith seem to take customers for granted.

Please pardon me for including this here - I searched and could not find any other appropriate place to share my experience with Advaith Hyundai.
ramassrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 01:01   #68
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Gentlemen

Posting on behalf and with permission from my HR Manager. His car went missing and this is the story of what has happened so far.

First things first, The moment your manager was informed about the car being lost, He should have lodged a complaint against Advaith Hyundai, Things would have been better & your manager would have been on the Demanding side.

Since the car was found & with a clean chit, Nothing can be done now, By the way the amount offered by the Advaith Hyundai was fair enough.

If i was in his position, I would use the car without any hassle's.
joshuakeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Well the car is being used. My manager has not sold it.

I do agree that he should have reported it to the cop station as a case against Advaith. The thing is, Advaith had already filed a complaint of their own almost immediately. I am guessing this was strategic to lodge their complaint first so when my Manager goes to do the same, it would appear as a duplicate and won't be accounted for. This is what I am saying. In the real world, I do not know how this works.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote