Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st May 2006, 18:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
...Incidentally, do you seriously recommend I service the car at Vitesse? Any people you know in the service side?...
Talk to Colin Pereira at Vitesse, Prabhadevi. I find Vitesse service extraordinary... and will never trust any other place. I also insist that a single advisor (Ganatra) handle my every service. Ganatra is a walking encyclopaedia on Maruti cars. He remembers details like a new scratch or a missing coat hanger between services!

Forget about the sales side of Vitesse... it's service that finally counts...
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 01:07   #17
BHPian

Default Update

I sent a strongly worded letter to several key executives in Maruti on Friday. Don't know whether it was because of that, but Vitesse's GM called today, a month after my Swift delivery--and once again apologised for the mess and said they wouldn't expect payment for the Teflon/anti-rust that I owe them. He was extremely polite and helpful. Actually, he's the only chap who's been really great at Vitesse (he signed for my delivery when I picked it up, despite his juniors bungling and refusing to give me delivery on that day because of a mess they had created), he was polite and apologetic then and was the same today. Wish more folks at Vitesse were like him!

And I went for my first service today. Again, Vitesse disappointed, albeit slightly. First, the service advisor during inspection left my service booklet/manual on the rear seat. When I noticed in the reception area that all other car jobsheets had the manual with the jobsheet, I told him he seemed to have forgotten my booklet on the rear seat during his inspection. He insisted it wasn't a problem. I reminded him twice more and each time he said it was normal. I thought--surely they know better, I'm getting worried for nothing.

Then 4 hours later I get a panicked call from him--he said I had forgotten to leave my service booklet and said it confidently, and asked me to get it with me. Almost bit his head off! And asked him to look on the rear seat. Looks like he found it, because it was in the glove compartment when I came to pick it up.

The service advisor during delivery seemed slightly better, though I had to insist he show me what they had changed and I also physically checked oil, coolant, etc. He didn't have a clue about how the seat could be raised too and had to call in someone else to show him (they had changed my seat position). Also didn't have a clue about running-in. When I asked him to specify what low RPM mentioned under running-in in the manual meant, he hesistantly said I should avoid the red line on the tacho--very unconvincing!

He took me on a test drive, told me about next service, etc, and then gave me a feedback form. When he saw me give a low rating for the wash, he said I wasn't being fair. I bluntly told him I'd seen bird droppings on the bonnet. He said that was because the car was washed earlier and was parked for some time. I had to firmly point out that the car was wet when it was wheeled out, obviously the wash was just over and hadn't been a great job.

But on the positive side, most staff were extremely polite and the process was very professional. And they had a reasonably large notice for ZXi owners like me, saying our spare steel rim tyres would be replaced by an alloy, for free by Maruti.

Will definitely try Vitesse Service again--hope they're better next time!
ivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 07:53   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default How come FIATS A/S/S is worse.

After reading through these posts how is it that majority of the posts elsewhere in this site claim that FIATS service is worse off. If this sort of thing had happened with FIAT there probably would have been a physical fight or probably atleast a consumer court case for non delivery of the car on time. Methinks FIATS have been at the recieving end of a bad campaign started by some auto manufacturer. I am based in COCHIN and service with TVS cochin; and except for once when the guys nearly botched up the coolant change I have been extremely happy with their service more so because I have not had problems with the Palio GTX in three years yet except for the stepper motor plunger of the throttle body which is inconsiquential to me as I drive on autoLPG. Moreover they allow me into the service area to be with my GTX when they open her up for fluid changes as I am dead against leaving my cars in the hands of new guys without my watchful eye over her. Bye and wear your seatblets.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 9th May 2006 at 07:55.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 09:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
After reading through these posts how is it that majority of the posts elsewhere in this site claim that FIATS service is worse off. If this sort of thing had happened with FIAT there probably would have been a physical fight or probably atleast a consumer court case for non delivery of the car on time. Methinks FIATS have been at the recieving end of a bad campaign started by some auto manufacturer. I am based in COCHIN and service with TVS cochin; and except for once when the guys nearly botched up the coolant change I have been extremely happy with their service more so because I have not had problems with the Palio GTX in three years yet except for the stepper motor plunger of the throttle body which is inconsiquential to me as I drive on autoLPG. Moreover they allow me into the service area to be with my GTX when they open her up for fluid changes as I am dead against leaving my cars in the hands of new guys without my watchful eye over her. Bye and wear your seatblets.
Though off topic I totally agree with drpullockaran, I have serviced my Palio D in the Cochin and Trivandrum TVS. Well the cars build has made sure that the service only means basic things..they have done it good. I am not completely satisfied..but the experience with vittesse as explained by Ivor makes me feel much better abt FIAT service.
All this said I am trying the TATA dealer for my next service on 15th. Just want to know how good they are and also to cross check on the FIAT service. Will post that experience.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 10:53   #20
BHPian

Having recently changed my Palio S10 for a Baleno, I may be a better judge of the difference in A/S/S. My Fiat was being serviced by Shaman and the Baleno currently by Sai Service Lower Parel. The biggest problem with Shaman was their attitude. What can you say when the service advisor tells you " Sir, you can afford to spend 50-60K on your car as you got a big discount on it"? When he said this, I created a ruckus but it did not make any difference. Thats when I more or less decided that I would sell the car at the earliest opportunity. I once even had to wait 45 mins for a service advisor to attend to me despite making a prior appointment. With Sai Service, I had to wait around 15 mins and the service advisor was very apologetic. But I understood as they have a huge space constraint (at least till their supposedly state of the art w/s is ready). The only gripe I had was that there where grease stains on the front seat covers that I had put and I could'nt notice it at the time of taking delivery as it was dark. Overall, I would'nt say that there is a night and day difference in workmanship but there is definitely a huge difference in attitude. I know a couple of people who have taken their Fiats to Tata dealers for service and were much happier.
Floyd de Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 14:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
After reading through these posts how is it that majority of the posts elsewhere in this site claim that FIATS service is worse off. If this sort of thing had happened with FIAT there probably would have been a physical fight or probably atleast a consumer court case for non delivery of the car on time.
Don't want this to degenerate into a FIAT v/s Maruti debate.

But just to clarify, the non-delivery was for around 3 hours. They promised me delivery, then on the day said they could not. They tried reasoning with me, but were very very polite in all they said--but since they were on the wrong, I refused to budge. Also it was important to me to get delivery that day. Finally, when I said I wanted to speak to the GM, he came and spoke to me. By then, he had been briefed by his juniors and the first thing he did was to apologise. He explained the problem (Citibank hadn't disbursed the loan, and the juniors had accidentally thought it had happened), admitted it was their fault and said he would authorise the delivery himself--he asked for 30 mins more. It took 60 mins in reality, but delivery did happen as he had promised.

Incidentally, today they called saying they wanted to deliver flowers and a cake at my home to apologise for the trouble.

Perhaps folks like me are fussy. I think the issues with FIAT service are very very different--for instance non-availability of basic spares like air filters, etc, in many places and users having to band together in order to help each other out. For instance, in the air filter case I'm speaking about, some folks from Bombay said they would get the filter for the user in Goa.

Besides, with Maruti there is vast choice of authorised service stations. For instance, in Bombay, there are quite a few places like Vitesse Service, which is very very professional, with hundreds of employees and comparitively expensive too. They operate out of a multi-storey building which belongs to them. Then there are places like Powai Auto Works in Powai which is less expensive, is smaller, but is a large service station with a paint shop too. Their quality is also very high and quite professional, though perhaps a bit more personalised than Vitesse (they must be around 1/4th the size of Vitesse Service). Then there are places like Hind Auto Works in Matunga, which is really small, has no welding facilities too (they are part of a fuel station) and where service is least expensive and most personalised (the owner himself fills up the job card), but not very professional. But only a few folks touch your car and you know every service man by name.

As far as I know, such choice is not available with FIAT.
Old 9th May 2006, 14:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi
Hi friends, anybody having any idea about Spectra Motors showroom/workshop in Goregaon/Malad? Recently I got the AC of my 800 serviced from the Malad workshop. They said they replaced the thermostat and charged Rs 1850.00 as the total servicing cost. Looks a bit on the higher side. Anybody having any past experience with them?
I had the first service for my Esteem done from Spectra Motors (Goregaon). I am pretty satisfied with their job. Though, now i have switched over to Spectra Motors (Ghatkopar) for both my Esteem and the Baleno. They are simply superb in attending any problems.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 20:00   #23
BHPian

Default One more update

I am absolutely impressed with the way Vitesse is going about correcting their initial goof-ups. Got calls and letters of apology. Got a nice cake. They said they'd do a check-up in case I had any probs with the car (I have none). They really know how to woo a customer back!
Old 12th November 2007, 10:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
Talk to Colin Pereira at Vitesse, Prabhadevi. I find Vitesse service extraordinary... and will never trust any other place. I also insist that a single advisor (Ganatra) handle my every service. Ganatra is a walking encyclopaedia on Maruti cars.
I am planning to take my SX4 to Vitesse Prabhadevi on Friday to get the initial problems solved. Can anyone give me basic directions to get there?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 11:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am planning to take my SX4 to Vitesse Prabhadevi on Friday to get the initial problems solved. Can anyone give me basic directions to get there?
If you know where Siddhivinayak temple is, Vitesse is on the opposite side of the road. There is a small lane , next to Vijay Sales. Take the lane, and keep going till you hit a T junction. Take a left. A tiny lane next to the entrance of a large residential building will take you to Vitesse.

But coming to the topic, I take my car to Vitesse inspite of having bought from Spectra Motors. The latter are absolutely pathetic. They don't deserve to run a roadside garage, let alone a MASS.

Everybody has an experience with every workshop. You just have to keep experimenting till you find the workshop that comforts you most. They all have their goof ups.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 11:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ported head. This will help me not waste too much time looking for the place .

Problems on my SX4 are getting mysterious by the day. S.K.Maruti were totally pathetic too. A swanky service center doesn't solve problems.

I hope some of you can throw some more light on the issues I am facing on my SX4. Report is here
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 23:59   #27
BHPian

Default my vitesse experience has been great!

Actually, I too got off on a bad note while taking delivery from Ratan motors for my SX4 - unfortunately, that was BEFORE I discovered teambhp and the PDI checklist etc.

So upset was I with the whole experience (and especially comparing it to picking up a honda 2 days before) that I was almost convinced of selling off the car after 1 month.. No kidding! Plus there was still a HUUGE waiting for it so I figured it was a reasonable deal.

However, I have to say, I have been converted back to staying with the car (and god knows i love it to bits) and indeed Maruti simply because of the awesome service Vitesse has provided (and i didnt even buy the car from them!)

They are always prompt, always on time and their work is very very efficient and good.

I genuinely feel they are very honest about assessing the car repairs/services. Their processes are strong and most of their staff I have interacted with (in my 5 services) has been pretty informed about the vehicle.

My only minor complaint is that they are always soo booked that i have to literally plan my service 2 weeks in advance from the time I need to go in for it.

IF a vitesse guy is reading this, thumbs up to you and your team. You guys are the ONLY reason I will even consider buying a Maruti again.
randomgyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 03:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor View Post
I am absolutely impressed with the way Vitesse is going about correcting their initial goof-ups. Got calls and letters of apology. Got a nice cake. They said they'd do a check-up in case I had any probs with the car (I have none). They really know how to woo a customer back!
This is the beauty of dealing with Maruti. If the dealer rubs you the wrong way, you just have to bring it into their notice and the dealer has really had it.

With Maruti, customer is almost always King ! Don't you think the title should now be edited, as your problems are solved?
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 04:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Why create a problem, and then solve it when you get kicked in the bottom?
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:05   #30
BHPian

Default me too!

talking about the service stations; i took delivery of my sx4 from spectra but opted for sai services for the regular servicing. as i have mentioned it elsewhere on the forum; after getting my stock headlamps upgraded to 100/90 with a relay etc ,next day when i opened the hood just to have a casual look at he bay to my utter dismay i found a HAMMER and a PUNCH left inside the hood ,in the engine bay and i had been driving the car whole evening after that!
when contacted the sai services and talking to the service advisior and the service station manager of this perticular branch of the sai services;the responce i got was not luke-warm but chilly so to say the least!!
the service manager to whome i was speaking on the phone and trying to tell him the sequences of events that took place; the phoneline gets some disturbance and the line goes dead! got a call after 5minutes or so ;again the line goes dead... waited for the gentleman to give a call back almost for an hour,no responce. tired of all this waiting game and unprofessional approch of sai service guys, gave them a call and left a message to give me call so that we can sort it out.
well, no big guess there, nothing happens after that-not even a call.
tell me ,i jumped from spectra to sai services in hope of better services and what do i get in turn? horrible ,unproffessional, disgusting treatment from the service providers..
now what do i do? thinking of taking the matters to MSIL,and if required to the print/electronic media.
god(maruti) help us all!
samrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote