Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 23rd August 2012, 11:23   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Rishabh Hyundai sold a Test Drive vehicle!

The practice of using fresh cars (just come in) for Test Drives after disconnecting the speedo cable is pretty widespread. A few get caught the vast majority do not.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2627599

Personally I am not surprised with Hyundai s lack of care / response...
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Is it not unethical on our part to knowingly accept a car without TD markings for a test drive? We do not like to buy it ourselves, but we know it will ultimately land up with some unsuspecting customer, don't we?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 09:38   #34
BHPian

Please don't feel especially bad about the comments that you didn't decode the pin, do the pdi etc. Most people don't do it other than by way of a cursory check.

I will be willing to bet that a cumpulsory polling of all t bhp members regarding (i) taking test drives of non-test drive marked vehicles, (ii) not decoding vin before buying, will reveal that more than 50% will have taken such test drives some time in their life, and not decoded vin.

You have clear right to expect these things to be done correctly by the seller.
manolin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 21:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan
Is it not unethical on our part to knowingly accept a car without TD markings for a test drive? We do not like to buy it ourselves, but we know it will ultimately land up with some unsuspecting customer, don't we?
Unethical to test drive Non TD car knowingly, YES. But that does not give any right to dealer to sell a not brand new car to customer. Bear in mind that OP did not ask for non-TD vehicle for test drive.

All people taking about doing TD in non TD vehicles, please understand that sometimes as a buyer, you have no options but to take a TD on a non TD vehicle, why? Because, for slow moving cars like Sonata, sometimes Dealers don't have specific TD vehicle. What should customer do in this case? I would not plonked 20L without doing proper TD.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 10:31   #36

Gents an update...

We have agreed for a new vehicle to be delivered to us. We even got a call from the company confirming the same. They said it will take about two to three more weeks for the new car to arrive. They also confirmed that we can use the old car as much we want till our new car arrives.

The dealer will arrange for everything from registration of the new car to de-registering the old one and we do not have to pay a penny extra.

This time, I am definitely going to do a thorough PDI before taking delivery. Hopefully, they don't mess up this time too.

Thanks a lot for your views and opinions.
mpuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 21:06   #37

Gents another update...

I got a call from the dealer yesterday about the arrival of our new Sonata.

Today I went for a PDI with my cousin brother. This time I had a copy of the team-bhp PDI checklist with me.

We inspected the car and decoded the VIN number: MALEC41DMCM010351*F. This is a June-2012 manufactured car. This one must have gotten off the assembly line precisely after 96 cars compared to our previous Sonata which was a May-2012 manufactured car.

We test drove the car and found out the following:
1. This car pulls to the left too just like the previous one.
2. It has stains (black stains probably from some mechanic's hands) on the arm rest, ceiling and some parts of the upholstery.
3. And, this one had an odometer reading of 108 kms. before we test drove the car. For this their GM Sales said the distance from the stock yard to their showroom is about 40 kms. and rest was driven by Hyundai company before dispatching the vehicle.

Anyway, I told him to get the alignment done to sort out the LHS pulling issue. And, to get the car cleaned/dry cleaned from inside.

He's going to call me tomorrow. Let's see what happens. Will keep you updated.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:20   #38

Gents yet another update...

Mr. K. B. Malhotra, GM Corporate Sales, Rishabh Hyundai, called me again in the morning and said the defects noticed by him and myself, on my previous visit, in the new Sonata have been rectified and the car is now ready for delivery. I requested him to double check if all defects have been rectified and only then call me as I was NOT willing to waste my time like I did a day before. But, he confirmed all is well and requested that I come and check the vehicle.

Mr. Malhotra also made me talk to the Area Manager of HMIL, Mr. Atul Sharma (Mob: 9654.117.557). Mr. Sharma confirmed me that despite the fact the car's odometer shows 108 km. the car is new and it has been driven around for about 60 kms. on Hyundai's Test-Track in their Chennai plant.

As a result I visited Rishabh Hyundai around 1600 hrs. We went for a test drive and found the car to be STILL pulling to the left! The rear seat's ventilator was NOT AT ALL effective. This time around we took Mr. Surinder, Service Manager, along for the test drive. He was put in-charge by Mr. Malhotra for rectifying the defects pointed out by me yesterday. Mr. Nabi, Rishabh Hyundai's employee, also drove the car and found the same. Mr. Surinder, Mr. Malhotra and Mr. Nabi, all three of them agreed that the car was STILL pulling to the left and the rear seat's ventilator was NOT working.

I wonder why was I called again when the defects had NOT been rectified. Mr. Malhotra did claim, affirmatively, in the morning when he called that he himself has checked the vehicle and all defects have been rectified. This, again, was a lie.

I wonder what type of inspection or quality-check does Hyundai undertake before dispatching vehicles from their Chennai plant. Especially, after being driven for about 60 odd kilometers on their Test-Track (as claimed by Mr. Atul Sharma, Area Manager, Hyundai Motor India Ltd.) their cars still manage to have alignment issues.

So much for the poor and unlucky customer, his ordeal is not yet over as he has NO option but to wait and be at the mercy of such merciless dealers.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:27   #39

Hey guys check this link out about the alignment issue especially to the LHS http://jalopnik.com/5824883/hyundai-...onata-syndrome
mpuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 22:54   #40
BHPian

Reading your latest updates it looks like again they are trying to sell you test drive vehicle (pulling left issue). It is very difficult for anyone to correct their first impressions. Your first impression and experience of Hyundai has been very bad and they are not doing any thing to improve that.

Even if you get a good vehicle now and it gives some problem later in next one year your tendency would be to blame hyundai, which is what I would also do. So why take the pain ?

I am curious to know the reason on why you agreed to take a new vehicle from Hyundai. In my opinion you should have gone for a complete refund and further compensation for emtional distress.

Personally in my family we have 2004 santro, 2010 i20 and 2012 verna and didnt face any issue with Hyundai customer care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuri View Post
Gents an update...

We have agreed for a new vehicle to be delivered to us. We even got a call from the company confirming the same. They said it will take about two to three more weeks for the new car to arrive. They also confirmed that we can use the old car as much we want till our new car arrives.

The dealer will arrange for everything from registration of the new car to de-registering the old one and we do not have to pay a penny extra.

This time, I am definitely going to do a thorough PDI before taking delivery. Hopefully, they don't mess up this time too.

Thanks a lot for your views and opinions.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 00:24   #41
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@mpuri

Please chuck out Hyundai out of your radar, get a full refund and get yourself the stunning new Camry.

Why does a new car have to pull left? Why should it have grease marks from Mechanics hands on hand rest and roof?

You are going to be fooled the second time and i can only say that all the people at Hyundai & the Dealer are laughing at you. You must be their easiest customer be taken for a ride.

If i were you, i will immediately take the money and invest it in a more believable company. One word.... RUN...
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 14:37   #42

We have had enough, ran out of patience...

Date: 13th September 2012
Place: Rishabh Hyundai Service Center, Okhla Phase-2
Time: 1700 hours
Duration of meet: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Topic: Third Inspection of new Sonata (the replacement vehicle).
People present:
• Mr. K. B. Malhotra, GM Corporate Sales, Rishabh Hyundai
• Mr. Bali, Ex-GM (Works) Gautam Motors (A Maruti dealership, previously owned by owners of Rishabh Motors Pvt. Ltd.) (information source: as introduced by Mr. K B Malhotra.)
• Mr. Nabi, employee/trusted driver of Rishabh Motors Pvt. Ltd.
• Mohnish Puri, the suffering customer.
• Mr. Makol

All the above-mentioned people were seated in the car while test-driving the vehicle. The same problem, as noted in all previous meetings, of left hand side pulling was STILL very much present. The rear seats were NOT cooling also.

To further clarify and genuinely check the vehicle we requested the team from Rishabh Motors Pvt. Ltd. to allow us to drive on roads on and around Rajghat (India Gate).

Unfortunately, the same problem surfaced on those roads as well. Mr. Bali, Mr. Malhotra and Mr. Nabi affirmatively acknowledged the problem too.

Upon Mr. Bali’s request the air pressure in all four tyres was re-checked and brought to the prescribed limit as set by Hyundai Motors India Ltd. (HMIL). Yet again, the problem of LHS pulling was still very evident.

We have genuinely test-driven and inspected the vehicle not once but THRICE. It is very unfortunate on all the three occasions’ the problem of left hand side pulling in the vehicle could NOT be solved by Rishabh Hyundai (Rishabh Motors Pvt. Ltd.).

Upon reaching back at the service station, I very humbly, politely and sincerely requested Mr. K. B. Malhotra, GM Corporate Sales, Rishabh Hyundai to kindly refund our 100% money and free us from this, seemingly, never-ending tyranny.

We have had enough and it is about time that Rishabh Hyundai (Rishabh Motors Pvt. Ltd.) in an ethical and professional manner refunds 100% money of the customer.

Mr. Malhotra said he would call me on 14-Sep-12 by 1100 hrs and give a solution. But, as expected, no response from him.
Old 14th September 2012, 20:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

I think you have been going very soft on them. You are buying one of their most premium offerings in the market and for the shoddy behaviour and ethics, i think you should put your foot down now and give them an ultimatum. Tell them that if you dont see a credit back in your account or dont get a cheque back by tom evening, then you will goto the social media, escalate to Hyundai Korea and also hire a lawyer to take them to consumer court.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 23:25   #44

Gents, my case is headed no where it seems.

Rishabh Hyundai's Mr. Malhotra got some Hyundai service engineer and a senior service co-ordinator on 17-Sep-2012 to convince me that there car is well with in the wheel alignment parameters prescribed by HMIL.

We took a joint test drive and even made a video. It was very much clear that the car STILL PULLS TO THE LEFT! And yet I get an email from there Regional Service Manager stating the performance of the car is top notch?

I understand those HMIL guys have to be loyal to their employer and cannot just state in writing about shortcomings of their premium product to one grieving customer out of many.

I am not after convincing HMIL about any fault in their product. I am only after the dealer to sort the issue out. And the dealer is trying to pass the buck onto HMIL.

Well, it is about time, either the dealer solves the issue amicably with us or we go for legal action.

Will keep you guys posted.
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuri
Gents, my case is headed no where it seems.

Rishabh Hyundai's Mr. Malhotra got some Hyundai service engineer and a senior service co-ordinator on 17-Sep-2012 to convince me that there car is well with in the wheel alignment parameters prescribed by HMIL.

We took a joint test drive and even made a video. It was very much clear that the car STILL PULLS TO THE LEFT! And yet I get an email from there Regional Service Manager stating the performance of the car is top notch?

I understand those HMIL guys have to be loyal to their employer and cannot just state in writing about shortcomings of their premium product to one grieving customer out of many.

I am not after convincing HMIL about any fault in their product. I am only after the dealer to sort the issue out. And the dealer is trying to pass the buck onto HMIL.

Well, it is about time, either the dealer solves the issue amicably with us or we go for legal action.

Will keep you guys posted.
Just get your money back and buy a better car. Don't waste your time and energy on this. You have paid almost 20l for the car and Hyundai is pushing you around like begger. Hyundai is pathetic when it comes to customer issues. It's one company which has gone to dogs!
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote