Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 28th October 2012, 09:11   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
VW Downtown insisted that I sign the claim form stating that I am satisfied with the repairs before they even begin!
Now you know why....

I can't imagine going through such an ordeal after paying 20 big ones. If VW doesn't start controlling their dealers, like Maruti does, they are going down the path of Skoda.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2012 at 11:25.
ArunV is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2012, 11:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

This thread sums up the frustration of VW owners in Bangalore. If you stay in VW downtown for even an hour your BP will shoot up by minimum 20 points. Chaotic is an understatement. You won't find even a normal person there. Everyone is either tensed up or shouting. Customer is treated like crap. You give your car to rectify a simple problem you can expect your car returned with multiple problems.
My Polo has completed 2.5 years and I am even contemplating to sell it due to the fear of going to the service center for some major repair issues.

Bangalore is a major market for VW and you have only one service center ie VW Palace Cross. Latest I heard is VW down town not accepting any service requests. VW Palace cross,Hesarghatta is 40km from my place. How can I go there for some small issue and follow up? I may better sell off my Polo soon. I am surprised why more and more VW owners are not speaking up against this pathetic scheme of things in Bangalore.
With such horrible dealers, how can VW expect even to retain their owners forget increasing the market share.

Last edited by poloman : 28th October 2012 at 11:33.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:23   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shocking! VW & this dealer should be ashamed for the shoddy manner in which they have treated a premium customer. At the time of VW's India entry, I'd posted how service quality can be an important differentiator from Skoda, and VW should fully exploit that opportunity. But with the number of VW dealer & service complaints cropping up on the forum, it's clear that training, monitoring & controlling dealer <-> customer interactions hasn't been a priority at all. Some brands just don't get it, while some others excel at keeping car owners happy (e.g. Maruti).

I was talking to Vid6639 yesterday and he said his Toyota Corolla has not spend 60 days off the road in the entire 5 years of ownership. Come to think of it, neither has my '07 Honda Civic. And for all that talk of not keeping parts ready for "rare" cars, Auto Hangar took only about 7 working days to get the Benz back on the road (after the petrol pump attendant damaged the door).

There's mistakes made everywhere by this roque dealer, right from the insurance fraud to avoiding your calls (so typical!). It stinks of a terribly managed organisation.

Frustration, endless followup, inconvenience, tearing your hair out : Hardly what you'd expect after paying 2 million rupees.

Thumbs down.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2012 at 11:27.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:28   #20
vij
BHPian

My goodness, this is pathetic! 2 months for that! They pissed off a Team BHP moderator - some of whom get free trips to certain launches/shows. If those VW Downtown guys dont know about TeamBHP - then they have been living under a rock. And thats not the point - but just shows what these guys are capable of. Someone should forward this thread link to the management of VW.

Last edited by vij : 28th October 2012 at 11:30.
vij is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:35   #21
BHPian

Dear Ajit, Appalling. That is what this is.
In my books, VW is no bloody better than Skoda.
I would never ever suggest anybody a VW/Skoda anymore.
When my car started popping up with some engine check lights on the dash a few months back, i left everything and took it to the Palace Cross workshop (i paid highway toll to reach there!!).
I reach there to be told that i had to come back with an appointment.
The earliest appointment was a week away. So, i nurse the car back home.
So much for a VW customer complaining of an issue in a new car.
Have not heard one customer so far who claims to be happy with VW service in B'lore.
Good going VW.
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 12:10   #22
BHPian

This may be off topic but I as an owner of an Indica Vista, the much hated T product have had a better experience with then than this.
Unfortunately in our country once the car is sold manufacturers hardly want to get themselves involved in service aspects. No wonder that we see many more threads on the forum with these issues.
VW service centre in my city is just across the road but there have been quite a few owners in my colony who have had nightmares dealing with them. Don't want to go into details but then these are the very things which make me feel if the money is well spent on such premium brands.
However good a product may be, if its not backed by an equally good service then what's the point?
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 12:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

I feel that at the ground level India is not ready for overly complicated and electrically laded vehicles on a mass market basis. Especially cars which have a larger portion of imported components. Immediate availability of spares, ill trained technicians used to simple Marutis and Tatas (because that is where they have been poached from), improper training and indifferent owners of these ASC's are the root cause of such issues.

Selection procedure of the auto companies as to why such dealers were chosen in the first place is a big question mark. VW is being guided mainly by the Skoda experience in India, being its parent company, and the same mistakes are being repeated. It is high time stricter audits and after sales follow-ups are put in place by these companies before their image takes further beating.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 16:13   #24
BHPian

Appreciate the patience Ajmat has shown in this whole episode !

I had visited the Downtown workshop with a friend to sort out some issues on the painting of his fender and bonnet & was shocked to find the situation there. I happened to take some pics and am sharing them here so that other members can get an idea of the conditions in which cars are serviced . Right from a Polo to a Beetle, Jetta etc the same appalling treatment is given.

- Observe the freshly painted parts being left to dry on the floor, a bonnet, fender, polo mirror cover and a Beetle fender next to the rubbish.

- No one is wearing any uniforms nor ID cards, this is because entire bodyshop, paint booth, etc is subcontracted to an external agency !

- Pics of the cloth being used to wash a brand new Vento before delivery, and a Beetle waiting in line ! Some unlucky customers car being used as a drying post

- Filth and parts lying everywhere, utter chaos.

Does this experience suit a premium brand like VW ? Doesnt VW conduct any audit of their dealers ?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011441.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011442.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011443.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011444.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011449.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011450.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011451.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011452.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011453.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011445.jpg  

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-14052011446.jpg  

nirmaljusdoit is offline   (20) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 16:37   #25
BHPian

Ajmat: One can only imagine the frustration and heart burn you would have gone through. Kudos to you for seeing this through. The final photograph of the bill is quite symbolic of the shabby dealers VW has entrusted its brand image on.

nirmaljusdoit: Thanks for sharing these pictures. I have seen road side garages kept in better condition than this.

It appears as though VW has quite some task on their plate. In India when most people buy Maruti and Hyundai, one of the key aspects they consider is after sales service. Looks like VW wants to go down the Skoda path instead of emulating the holy grail of Maruti and Hyundai.

Great cars and pathetic dealers - What a shame!!
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 19:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Default The Devil in the Detail

I spent the afternoon watching the F1 with theother Bangalore Mods. After the race, they went to examine the workmanship. Viddy who is so detail oriented, he gets you great car reviews but drives us mad discovered the following:

They have done a good job in painting. However, due to their hamfisted carelessness and skills, they have cracked the rear bumper reflectors when removing them for painting the bumper- which they had damaged

Please see the tapered edge of the reflector. A gorila would have been more gentler!

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 2809
Size:  20.4 KB

VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job-imag0363.jpg

My wife suggested I do not even go back since once in never out
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 21:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

Can I put you onto a good lawyer I know if you want to haul their pathetic collars to court? The way I figure, you should be able to win a multi-lakh lawsuit easily.
theMAG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 21:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Ajit, VW have some 3M tie up for paint protection similar to what 3M stores offer.

Seeing the paint surface one can easily make out that the car was parked near a paint booth. Paint spray fumes settle on the paint giving it a rough texture, which your car had.

They should have the decency to do that for you complimentary since your car already had the 3M coating which you got done on your own.

Also, get them to order the reflectors and go only for the fitting, else noone will believe you have a Jetta since it's never around.

The worst part is the bumper had to be painted only because THEY damaged it in the first place when it was with them. They repainted it but gave it back to you with both reflectors chipped.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th October 2012 at 22:13.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 21:59   #29
BHPian

Sad and unfortunate to see the state of affairs VW is in.

It seems that the level of service (or rather the lack of it) of VW is consistent everywhere. One of my co-workers scraped his Polo's bumper/hood in the UB City parking, and guess what, his car was in the workshop for 45 days for want of parts. After he got the car back, he vowed never to go back to them. He gets his car serviced from Carnation.

And all his AC car vent panels are broken, even with normal usage. And he is driving around like that for the last five months because the VW guys haven't been able to source the spares yet. Incredible.
Kamen_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 22:21   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

VW group should really put in effort to look after the customers. There was no need to drag this job on for 60 long days.

And kudos Ajmat for keeping your sanity.

The good bit is that, VW dealers get their painting spot on when compared to most other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I happened to take some pics and am sharing them here so that other members can get an idea of the conditions in which cars are serviced.
That looks like a neighbourhood garage, not an authorized workshop.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote