Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th November 2012, 23:11   #121
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post

There are lot of material available on the internet about the advantages of public transport in cities and sustainability without it. Posting some for your reference:
http://source.southuniversity.edu/en...ion-31178.aspx

http://www.civ.utoronto.ca/sect/trae...sportation.pdf

Back to back, since two moderators had posted vexing opinions, I am keen to know the stance of Team-bhp as a whole on green, environmental and other community living initiatives. Do we support them [or] are all that we are concerned about is the individual driver and his/her car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Apologies if I went overboard, my intention was only to express doubt if the Volvo statement conveys the right social message, albeit typed inadvertently.
I don't think anyone of us are against the use of public transport. Just that this was probably not the thread to bring up advantages of using public transport. If any of us being Team-BHPians were forced to use public transport only because our beloved car was lying in the garage for more than 2 months, trust me, it would be a very big inconvenience. I would probably muttering the choicest words while taking the bus.

Perhaps these threads will be of interest on discussion of Volvo buses, their advantages as well the bangalore metro:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...travel-12.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...commuting.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ct-2011-a.html (Bangalore Metro rail Opens 20 Oct 2011)

ps: let's get back to the discussion of VW and the horrendous experience.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 11:42   #122
BHPian

@Ajmat Sir - I do not wish to digress from the main topic but since we are speaking of VW service in Bangalore in general here is what I have to write -

Hello fellow BHPians who are VW Owners in Bangalore -
I have just given my car to VW Whitefield for servicing. Its a spanking new workshop. So far the folks have been courteous and seems they have started working since I got a call to replace the brake pads asking for permission. I thought considering the woeful service situation in Bangalore VW Whitefield there would be a horde of VW owners lining up. However it seems not many are aware of this. It would a good option for folks on the "East" side of the city rather than go to Hessarghatta all the way. I am waiting to see how the car is taken care of. Await more updates on my experience which I will update once I get my car back.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 11:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
@Ajmat Sir - I do not wish to digress from the main topic but since we are speaking of VW service in Bangalore in general here is what I have to write -

Hello fellow BHPians who are VW Owners in Bangalore -
I have just given my car to VW Whitefield for servicing. Its a spanking new workshop. So far the folks have been courteous and seems they have started working since I got a call to replace the brake pads asking for permission. I thought considering the woeful service situation in Bangalore VW Whitefield there would be a horde of VW owners lining up. However it seems not many are aware of this. It would a good option for folks on the "East" side of the city rather than go to Hessarghatta all the way. I am waiting to see how the car is taken care of. Await more updates on my experience which I will update once I get my car back.
Very eagerly waiting for your first hand experience report Sir! I bought my car from them and had a satisfactory experience then. If they can match Palance Cross in service experience then it would be great really for us VW owners. After your report I'd think about going for a mid-year vehicle check with them.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 11:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

That is good news. Can you specify where this SC is located exactly?
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 11:51   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
That is good news. Can you specify where this SC is located exactly?
Its on ORR. Actually its just on left after you come down the flyover that comes from KR Puram to ORR. The exit to the service road is on the left and the road is still "work in progress" but it can be taken.
If coming from Maratahalli it is just on the RHS after the Mahadevpura flyover which is the last flyover before the KR Puram.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 18:58   #126
BHPian

Seriously.

Although my sx4 is now 5+ years old and i was really eyeing the jetta, these VW horror stories have totally made me backtrack on that.

Now i am considering holding on to my sx4 till maruti comes up with something better.

5 years of completely issue free service. even when i seriously damaged by car, they gave me an estimate of 5 days but actually returned it in 2 days only.

Why would I pay 20L and put up with such nonsense? OP is massively patient. I would've shot someone.

Also, added tip - perhaps something we should all do - go at various VW showrooms, take test drives and then when they call on whether or not you want to purchase, tell them you heard bad things about their service so wont buy the car

Hopefully that will get the message across!

Last edited by randomgyan : 7th November 2012 at 18:59. Reason: added tip .
randomgyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 21:38   #127
BHPian

Looks like this specific issue is getting some publicity! Look at page 4 in http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...a/20121108.htm

"Another authorised Volkswagen India dealer was accused of taking 60 days, instead of two, for servicing a customer's Volkswagen Jetta."
PearlJam is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 16:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
People like myself and Chetan were among the first customers of Polo in Bangalore. Our reviews have heavily contributed to the success of Polo atleast among readers of this forum. But we don't have the liability to defend every stupid act of VW or their dealers. We have waited more than 3 years for the things to settle down. But things have gone from bad to worse.

If you think that 20K for an alloy wheel is not a point to be criticized, either you are too rich to bother or does not know the ground realities of indian car market. We cannot buy a car dissecting the spare parts price list. If 3 years is not a time good enough to settle in the market, customers should not care a damn about such a company when you have 'n' other options. As Chetan pointed out if your car has broken down in no man's land, still are you ok to wait for 3 weeks to get a service, if informed so by the dealer?
Poloman, I am in no way contradicting your credibility. this is not personal. This was/is my point of view. I'd appreciate if you respect that.

20k is a lot of money for a rim; however, to my knowledge, in cases of single rim damage, they charge you a bomb because it equates to their loss (set of 4 rims).

Yes, they have may have horrible service; however, our options are Downtown or Palace Cross...and with Palace Cross I am happy.

Chetan, Thank you for the clarity. I misunderstood that.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 09:48   #129
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Devil in the Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There has been direct follow up from VW directly on this and VW Downtown customer relations has been chasing me. They got the part in. I went in yesterday to get it fixed.

They replaced the left side successfully but broke the right side

Back to square one. They have promised to source a new one and fit it.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 16:02   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hearing of these and other VW/Skoda horror stories, I am extremely sceptical of the entire VW group in India. Contemplating between C, 3 & 4, Audi is completely ruled out from contention. Seeing temp reg. audis being driven extremely roughly by scruffy looking drivers (not once, but several times) decision is between C & 3 only, if at all. Though with Civic going strong and traffic the way it is, wondering whether it is worth spending any money at all on these hyped up germans... . Regret if you don't and regret when you do, lol.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 10th December 2012 at 16:04.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 16:26   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
decision is between C & 3 only, if at all.
Every manufacturer has some service woes to tell including the Japs. That is not to say there are hundreds of satisfied customer for each such VW/Skoda/Jap horror story. If you research more, you will even find service woes of both the C & 3 on the forum.

There have even been issues with Toyota's e.g. - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-service.html (Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !) . That does not mean that people stop buying the Fortuner.

Basing your buying decision just on this would be most imprudent IMHO.

Last edited by dkaile : 10th December 2012 at 16:39.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 17:05   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Every manufacturer has some service woes to tell including the Japs. That is not to say there are hundreds of satisfied customer for each such VW/Skoda/Jap horror story. If you research more, you will even find service woes of both the C & 3 on the forum.

There have even been issues with Toyota's e.g. - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-service.html (Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !) . That does not mean that people stop buying the Fortuner.

Basing your buying decision just on this would be most imprudent IMHO.
I agree, a friend's 5 series has been in the garage for over a month. But I am basing my views not only on this, but also experiences of my friends / relatives, etc. and myself whereby I do not think I would touch VW family products with a barge pole. When you go with a reference and still the initial sales / TD itself is so bad, what do you think will happen afterwards?

Every car has its issues, maybe it boils down to individual dealers, but if this happens to somebody who is reasonably connected, and VW themselves do not bother then I would rather put up with a mediocre car than waste time/money/effort over VW (if presuming their cars are better).
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 16:00   #133

4: Bangalore VW folks - do not despair - Apple Auto service is up and running on ORR Whitefield but the big launch will be after Diwali once the pilot processes have stabilisied.. VW Palace Cross are opening a new facility in Rajajinagar. VW Downtown will open their Hosur Road facility soon.

One of my friends, who owns a Vento confirmed today that the new facility in Rajai Nagar is up & running effective 01/December.
The address is:
#1/1 Kodi Basavana Temple Street, 4th M block, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore 10

Landmark: Next to Venus International School
Contact #: 9686601245

He has opted for this facility for the regular second service, will post updates on quality of service & any related info shortly.
prraghun is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 18:24   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Back to square one. They have promised to source a new one and fit it.
It has been over two weeks, so I rang the VW Downtown customer service to find the phone was switched off. Tried several times then messaged the VW Regional Service manager.

I think he tried and then messaged me that he will call me and arrange this with another dealer. He later rang me today to tell me that he cannot get through to VW Downtown but told me that Apple Auto and VW Rajajinagar are fully operational. He said the electronic city one will be opening (not sure if he meant Elite). He promised to get the part and fit it at another dealer

If the PCH group (VW Downtown and Elite) cannot retain their CRM manager for barely two months, that too without any cars coming in for service, I hate to think how they retain customers. Ooops, I already know!

Last edited by ajmat : 31st December 2012 at 09:13.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 09:21   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I He promised to get the part and fit it at another dealer
Over the past week, VW Palace Cross have been in touch with me and i took the car over to the Rajajinagar branch.

It was a change sitting in a place where customers do not shout at each other. they took the car in and removed the bumper only to find the part in stock was not correct. A new one was despatched from Hessarghatta so it took a bit of time.

The Service Manager Satish told be that they had recruited supervisors from dubai who handled Porsche and similar makes in order to ensure higher service standards and inculculate this to other mechanics. The workshop is well located. directions as follows:

Past old city station and bear left to Rajajinagar.
Stay in middle lane and you will see an overpass and a Star Bazaar/ McDonalds on top. Take the left access road up towards Star Bazaar and turn left.
Drive down till road curves. You will see a school ahead. Drive off main road towards the school and take a left, you will see the workshop.

Ample space and ample parking
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote