Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st November 2012, 11:32   #1
BHPian

Default GM: With National Garage Pedder Road shut, where do you take your Chevy?

Hi Guys - Now that National Garage has shuttered their workshop, have GM owners in Mumbai found any other solution? Are they just switching to Nikhil Motors?

For the past 2-3 times, I've just sent my car to a non-OEM garage, and I'm fine with that garage -- but its good to know which OEM to send my car to incase I need to get some major work done...
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 13:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: GM: With National Garage Pedder Road shut, where do you take your Chevy?

My Bhabhi's Chevy Spark was bought from National Garage. Ever since they shut shop, she's been giving her Spark to Nikhil Automobiles. They come for pick up & drop off as the service station is located rather far away. She gives them the thumbs up for service quality.

Web Link
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 23:57   #3
BHPian

Default Re: GM: With National Garage Pedder Road shut, where do you take your Chevy?

GTO/Torquing points
Hi.
I bought my beat from Nikhil but have never given to them for servicing.(first 3 services were done at Ashtavinayak)
Last november National garage did the 4th servicing and it was done well.
In fact I got a far better average when I last drove through northwest Gujarat.
Mortis, a member here has two bad experiences with Nikhil.
My very little experience with them was not encouraging.At one of their free monsoon camps they adjusted the clutch setting and I did not get a good average(I drive only on highways)
I too wonder what to do.
In case you do decide please PM your experience at the earliest.I need to do the servicing in november.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:21   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys - seems like Nikhil is the default option...

I've tried nikhil once - and it was average, nothing compared to the personal attention Nimish and Sharath gave to my car at National. I guess thats also a function of familiarity.

As a stop gap I've been using Carnation Kurla - but maybe ill give nikhil another try - if she gives it a clear thumbs up then maybe i need to try them once more.

Never tried asthavinayak though... Surprisingly not much discussion about south Bombay GM cars here!
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 23:38   #5
BHPian

I just checked with National Garage. Went by and spoke to the person who used to work on my cars, luckily he was still there. Their workshop is still open, and they still do out-of-warranty work for GM cars. Although they arent authorized GM dealers anymore. The staff seems like its the same as before.

Might be a good stop-gap solution until they get another dealership.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 00:43   #6
BHPian

We have 2 Sparks in our family and both were bought from National Garage.

The one which i personally use, is always serviced at Ashtavinayak Auto after i bought is last year.
They are pretty good. Once i gave it at the Kandivali workshop but now that workshop has switched to Skoda, so this time I gave it to Ashtavinayak Goregaon.

You can check out my thread I have posted my experiences with the workshops.
StrangeWizard is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 23:48   #7
BHPian

Hi everybody
I called up Natuional today.
Their suggestion was that as my car is less than 3 years old it would be better that I get the servicing done at an A.S.S..
He recommended Nikhil and when I asked for another option the recommendation was Gian at Kurla.
Any experience with Gian?
Incidentally I called Gian and spoke about a checkup.The person I spoke to promised that he will send a sms within 10 minutes.Nothing after 10 hours.

Torquing points
Hi
Carnation at Kurla? 2 dealers in the same area?
Checked GM's network.No Carnation in Bombay.
Incidentally there are very few people working at National.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 20:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77
Checked GM's network.No Carnation in Bombay.
Incidentally there are very few people working at National.
Regards
Carnation is a multi brand third party service shop, not am Oem dealership. Started by Jagdish Khattar.

If you do end up going to gian could you please post your review? I'll try Nikhil the next time I get mine serviced.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 00:01   #9
BHPian

Torquing points
Hi.
Mortis on a different thread(Chevrolet Beat:Test Drive & Review) here has mentioned that Nikhil has got a new manager,mr.Cyrus, who seems to be good.
So I would take my chances with Nikhil rather than Gian.
You can see his and my post on that thread.
Regrds
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote