Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th November 2012, 13:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: VW *SS Woes

I was just explaining the procedure. The problem is VW service centers are extremely filthy and workers don't follow basic practices. if dirt or minor stone pieces get in to the sand paper or buffer you will see completely different results. In my own case they left the chrome insert on the steering completely scarred and bruised using dirty clothes.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 13:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Mate, that is a dangerous practice, especially on the freeways. Why would you attempt to pass him from the left?
What do you do when you honk all you can and the trucker up ahead(driving in the right lane @40kbps) refuses to budge?
Quote:
This is quite astonishing. Did you ask them why would they have a matt finish when the rest of the car body has a metallic red paint? Beats me!
It looked like their paint gun had sprayed larger drops instead of the minuscule droplets. Hence the lack of smoothness & shine. And boy, you should hear them explain when you try to talk logic with them.
Ph03nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 13:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Mate, that is a dangerous practice, especially on the freeways. Why would you attempt to pass him from the left? Not taking anything away from your episode but when you do that, you're surrendering control to someone else. And that is usually not good. You'll be surprised how many mishaps this common (and erroneous) practice causes here in our country.
I think the highway was a 2 lane (each way) one. And the morons (read truck drivers) occupy every lane at the slowest possible speed. They never stick to the left most lane (as should be the case). No amount of honking can move them to the left lane. Still, we should be very wary when overtaking from the left.

Coming to the post itelf, everytime I read VW's service experience, the more apprehensive I become about their ability to handle the cars. Hope I won't have to regret buying the Jetta. I hope VW is reading this, "You need to do something about your after sales experience asap or your sales will dwindle very fast. Please see Fiat India as an example. People still have not forgotten about their past and refuse to buy fiat cars even though their cars are good and the service level is not so bad."
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2012 at 17:31.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 9th November 2012, 01:52   #20
BHPian

What's going on with vw service? Howcome almost all of them got the arrogant attitude, VW have to do something really fast or will loose ground soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I think the highway was a 2 lane (each way) one. And the morons (read truck drivers) occupy every lane at the slowest possible speed. They never stick to the left most lane (as should be the case). No amount of honking can move them to the left lane. Still, we should be very wary when overtaking from th."
Take it easy friend, believe me they are not that morons than some car/suv drivers who tail gate smaller vehicles and whatnot. If they have to keep the left lane then they have make constant lane change or semi change due autos,bikes and what not, that is more dangerous for us them making adjustments to right lane. And those poor guys have to work hard to gain momentum if they had to brake, so let's take it easy and be careful about our overtaking. After a lakh Kms on highway, I have a great deal of respect for those NP truck drivers.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 03:29   #21
BHPian

Question re: VW After-Sales Woes (with my Polo & Vidyut Motors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
VW makes excellent cars. It is this terrible attitude towards the customer that's the problem. A huge one. If this *SS problem is so widespread I don't think this is just with the dealers. The company is conveniently turning a blind eye. You get awed by the full paged ads, buy their cars and are basically screwed.
[/b]
This is the case with almost all the brands - apart from toyota who have a very good process,equipment and trained labour in place. All the other brands are facing the same woes - be it Maruti,Hyundai,VW,M&M. It is the model that these service stations work in which is completely volume driven and not at all quality driven. Out of 10 customers, 8 will not even question about the job - due to lack of knowledge, out of the remaining 2 one will make a lot of noise - who is given a little superior treatment - and the job is just pushed under the carpet. The labour working in these service stations is highly under qualified for the job. It is so bad that the paint shop in Mycar at Wakad caught fire sue to basic flaws in equipment handling - result almost 50 cars were burnt. Not sure what is the solution for this.
djavalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 14:48   #22
BHPian

Post Re: VW *SS Woes

Quote:
What do you do when you honk all you can and the trucker up ahead(driving in the right lane @40kbps) refuses to budge?
40 kbps? Either you're in IT or frustrated with your broadband speeds, much like most of us!!

Naaah but seriously I completely understand where you're coming from. In most cases, these truckers won't yield despite incessant honking. But then just wanted to make the point that remember when you maneuver to pass a motorist from the left, you're opening yourself up to significantly higher amount of risk. Is all. Thank heavens you and your family are safe though.

Drive safe mate.

Quote:
It looked like their paint gun had sprayed larger drops instead of the minuscule droplets. Hence the lack of smoothness & shine. And boy, you should hear them explain when you try to talk logic with them.
I can only imagine!
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 19:05   #23
BHPian

Default Re: VW After-Sales Woes (with my Polo & Vidyut Motors)

And the hits just keep on coming...

Had gone to VW workshop yesterday to get the holes in the chassis plugged with the plastic parts they had conveniently missed. A chap took the keys from me said he will take the car to the bodyshop. He sits inside and cranks the key while the car is in first car. Car lurches ahead and hits a corner of a wall.

I am out of words, how careless can people be! After a lot of noise they said they will repaint the front bumper but after Diwali. I had no other option but to accept. Got it in writing from them - see attached.

VW After-Sales Woes (with my Polo & Vidyut Motors)-img_0238.jpg

Went to the bodyshop to see them open the bumper. What I saw convinced me these people have zero, absolutely zero work ethics. There were two smartphone sized holes that were missing plastic inserts. Worse yet there are two foam pads that support the bumper, these were missing as well. They had just stuck the bumper to the car. That's it!

While I was making noise, another customer walked up to me and said - "I am not surprised!" I looked at him puzzled, and he gave me the reason behind that. He had given his for car for some work. A couple of days later, he found his car parked near McD. He had taken photos and all. The next day morning when he came to the service station, there were coke cups & some trash in the boot!

I've had it with VW. I seriously contemplating selling the car and buying a Maruti.
Ph03nix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 12:18   #24
BHPian

Oh my, the issues keep on piling. VW seriously needs to terminate the dealership. Filled with incompetent morons.
And the car parked at Mc D's takes the cake. How are they still in business?
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 21:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Polo back in March just before the diesel hikes happened. I adored the car. Loved the clean, low slung styling. Loved how it looked super hot in red. Was amazed by the interior and exterior build quality. Coming from petrols, was overjoyed by the highway fuel efficiency & savings therein. Loved everything about the car until last week.
...[/b]
Sorry to read about your experience. You showed lots of patience in dealing with the dealer. It's very unfortunate that after sales service, which is more important is given least importance in most dealership and manufacturers. I don't think the guys working at the dealership are given proper training on working on the car. The dealer, the manufacturer are least concerned about this, and the outcome is obvious. In most cases, the manufacturer works just as letter box in passing on customer concern to dealer rather taking steps to get the issue resolved and increase customer satisfaction.

Hope your car is back to normal and you are enjoying your drive.

Thanks @Ph03nix for sharing your experience. I too visit this same dealership for service or any issues. Surprised to say the least on the McDonald experience. Shall be more careful henceforth. One point I realized is, unless one deal with the A** for critical issues, one can never be sure of how good or bad is the dealer.

If you are enjoying driving your car then why sell. After all, no dealership can guarantee 100% customer satisfaction.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 21:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I was making noise, another customer walked up to me and said - "I am not surprised!" I looked at him puzzled, and he gave me the reason behind that. He had given his for car for some work. A couple of days later, he found his car parked near McD. He had taken photos and all. The next day morning when he came to the service station, there were coke cups & some trash in the boot!

I've had it with VW. I seriously contemplating selling the car and buying a Maruti.

Man ! This is very very bad.
These kinds of thing is making a point very clear " VW is not at all concerned or interested to make sure the cars are properly serviced and also keep a strict eye on the dealers "

I have posted this in their FB page , hope they just don't delete the post and move ahead.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 12:50   #27
BHPian

I was in touch with BUB and Vidhut when I was looking out for a sedan. The Vento was the one that I was interested in. Hated the basic attitude of Vidyut when it came to arranging for a TD. Hated the fact that the BUB folks were over eager in insisting that I TD a customer vehicle being readied for delivery. That basically took VW out of the equation for me.

My earlier ride was a Palio Multijet that I had bought from BUB. I have first hand experience of their service and they were decent. Not great...a little lethargic...but better than Pandit for sure. I am sure you'd have a "relatively" better experience with them.

BTW - I think we stay in the same building. You are Cookie's owner right?
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 19:51   #28
BHPian

VW is the worst performer for service satisfaction in Australia, so it's not just India and checkout the comments section too.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/202880/t...action-survey/
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 19:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
BTW - I think we stay in the same building. You are Cookie's owner right?
Yes I am. It's a small world indeed
Ph03nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:55   #30
BHPian

Default Has Vidyut Motors shut shop?

Hi, was passing today morning in front of Vidyut motors, saw big holes in place of logos, the showroom empty.

Have they shut shop?

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote