Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 11th November 2012, 21:48   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Vipul Motors (Jaipur)

Your pictures have been re-uploaded via the Team-BHP Attachment System. Please upload pictures ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System. To know how to, click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Pics are self descriptive!

During installation of gear-lock!

Door 1

Again Door 1

Door 2

Door 3

Door 4

Shoddy way of routing front power window wiring!

Same wiring goof-up here!

Brand new Ritz Lxi bought by Uncle! I discovered all this when I checked out his car today! All this for getting genuine accessories(front 2 power windows/gear lock/parking sensors) installed by Maruti dealer!
Could not find if parking sensors were installed properly or not. Any pointers would be helpful!

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2012 at 19:20. Reason: Use ONLY the attachment system to upload pictures please. Thanks
iron.head is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 21:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Maruti Dealer

Were you present there during the delivery or did you check this after it was brought home?

Have you taken the car back to the dealer and show him these problems and lets see what they have to say?!

It seems like the delivery was done in a hurry as such was doing work is just not acceptable. Get the wiring routed properly else while opening and closing the doors the wiring ma get damaged resulting in malfunction.

Does the reverse sensor work and show the needed indication when used? How is the work done in the rear bumper and aroud the sensors placed?
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:03   #3
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Please take it back to the dealer and ask the plastic door panels to be replaced. Same with the panel where a outline has been marked for the gear-lock.

As far as the wiring is concerned, I believe it should be routed through the corrugated rubber hose. Please get it corrected.

Which dealer is this btw?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Were you present there during the delivery or did you check this after it was brought home?

Have you taken the car back to the dealer and show him these problems and lets see what they have to say?!

It seems like the delivery was done in a hurry as such was doing work is just not acceptable. Get the wiring routed properly else while opening and closing the doors the wiring ma get damaged resulting in malfunction.

Does the reverse sensor work and show the needed indication when used? How is the work done in the rear bumper and aroud the sensors placed?
I was not present as I was not in my home city. My uncle took the car back to the dealer to show the scratch near the gear lock(he did not see the other marks) and was told that this happens during installation and is normal. I called the showroom guy today and he asked me to come with the car to showroom tomorrow. The sensors look properly installed and work properly too, but I could not check the wiring of the parking sensors as it was not visible.

The car was bought on a Monday and was not delivered in a hurry. The marks on all the four doors is due to something bulging out from inside. First the thing inside will have to be placed and installed inside properly, then the inside of the doors will have to be partially or fully replaced.

Last edited by iron.head : 11th November 2012 at 22:12.
iron.head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is definitely poor workmanship. But the fact remains that better to go for the version with power windows rather than going in for a lower version because we can have the privilege of a factory fitment. The dealers themselves will canvass the buyer to take the lower version by throwing the bait of lesser cost fitment of the high version goodies and ultimately it will be a shoddy work.
Btb, who is this dealer?

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th November 2012 at 22:36.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Insist for replacement of the door pads free of any cost.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2012 at 19:21. Reason: Quoted post being deleted
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Al little bit of follow up is needed. All the plastic panels should be and will be replaced FOC.

Wire can re-routed thru the rubber hose.

Keep us posted ! Which dealer was this ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:53   #8
BHPian

Default re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Vipul Motors (Jaipur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Al little bit of follow up is needed. All the plastic panels should be and will be replaced FOC.

Wire can re-routed thru the rubber hose.

Keep us posted ! Which dealer was this ?
I don't expect them to easily accept to replace the plastic panels FOC, but will be really happy if they do it. What worries me is the thing inside the panels which is bulging outwards.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2012 at 19:23. Reason: As per PM
iron.head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Vipul Motors (Jaipur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
I don't expect them to easily accept to replace the plastic panels FOC, but will be really happy if they do it. What worries me is the thing inside the panels which is bulging outwards.
A little bit of persuasion and a email to MARUTI will do the trick. Don't worry.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2012 at 19:23. Reason: Quoted post edited
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 23:12   #10
AWD
BANNED

Maruti is all about "Quantity" now "Quality" has been lost way behind. My friend had his Swift delivered with scratches on the dash. He went to the dealership at 10.00 in the morning & was delivered the car at 7.30 in the evening with Insurance at 9.30 at night.

The dash panel which had scratches was replaced after big fights with the dealer, it was changed 3 times & still the dealer could not fit one without scratches. The bumper also had scratches but the dealer swapped it with some other new cars which was due for delivery.

I don't trust Maruti anymore...
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 23:47   #11
BHPian

Thats' hazardous wiring, because if water goes into the sleeve there's bound to be some malfunction. The sleeve ends have not been fastened onto the doors/pillar/body. Please send a mail to Maruti, they should take it up with the dealer, naturally continue pressurising the dealer.
mmmjgm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:02   #12
BHPian

I do not understand the issue in naming the dealer, the whole point of posting is to make others (be)aware. And yes as a leverage tool (in that order I would assume).

Anyway, reason for this post – I had a similar experience with Mandovi-Lavelle Road when getting a Ritz ZDI for my father a fortnight ago.

The following is to highlight the need to do a proper PDC, ourselves. And to make the time and do the physical check in sunlight/well illuminated place. Once the delivery is taken, any issue becomes our responsibility.

The dealer handled the paper work very smoothly, so, kind of got confidence that things would be done right. So, I asked my father to do the PDC, since I was kind of tied up with work, and he found the car OK. At that time I was mainly concerned about the manufacturing date etc.

I had not chosen to get any paint treatment etc. done at the dealer since I wanted to get the paint sealant and under body coats done the RMV 3M shop since till date I've mostly had a positive experience with the 3M folks.

In the day of delivery, there was a delay in getting the number plates, so, we went in the evening to their Shivajinagar stockyard and it was overcast and raining a bit.

First thing I see in the stockyard is this guy scrubbing dirt from (literally scrubbing, not to be mistaken as wiping!) the car with - well - a grimy rag and the bonnet already many swirl marks! And there was a layer of dust in several places (ex: the read door inner frames).
In any case I did not want to aggravate the matter and mar the occasion. So, I just asked them to stop the “cleaning”.
I did a visual inspection and the vehicle (note that it was overcast with overhead tube lights) and did not find anything amiss, so took delivery.

The next day I gave it for the paint treatment, and imagine my surprise when the owner (Mr. Amit) showed me a deep gash in the area just behind the mud flap (below the running board, lower part of the frame), the size of a couple of 2 rupee coins place side by side. There was no damage to the metal, only the thick paint was broken off.

I am not sure when this happened; the delivery area had only overhead lighting and the floor was damp in places, so I did not kneel down to examine the underbody thoroughly, so I cannot for sure if the damage was done at the delivery time.

When I contacted the sales representative, his response was "OK" !! Since the sale was done – not is problem any way.
The only option I have now is to provide this feedback to Maruti, which I sure will.

One more thing – the tax receipt had an incorrect chassis number, the correction was initiated by the dealer and I am in receipt of the RC with the correct details.

On a side note, I have to thank our longstanding M.A.S.S – Nexus Motors ; they did a patch-up work and quick paint job out of goodwill – to patch up a negative experience!!
whitewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Seems like untrained hands on the job, made all the mess. BTW if power windows was needed why did your uncle did not consider a variant with power windows.

A word of caution, features like Power Windows, etc are best fitted in factory. At Dealership they sometimes make a mess of it.

Take this issue with the dealer and try escalating the matter to MSIL. They should be able to fix it for you (Change damaged parts).
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 12:25   #14
BHPian

Post re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Maruti Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Seems like untrained hands on the job, made all the mess. BTW if power windows was needed why did your uncle did not consider a variant with power windows.

A word of caution, features like Power Windows, etc are best fitted in factory. At Dealership they sometimes make a mess of it.

Take this issue with the dealer and try escalating the matter to MSIL. They should be able to fix it for you (Change damaged parts).
Agree wholeheartedly with Mayank there. And if the variant you're going with is breaching the threshold of your budget, then best to stick with the stock features. Occasion after occasion, I've found that such features are best factory-fitted. Besides being a clean job, it is not open to warranty debates or accident hazards. My colleague had a similar experience with his DZire here in Mumbai. Aftermarket jobs, especially by the dealerships are increasingly patchy/shoddy. These guys prey on the premise that a budget-conscious customer will probably be swayed by the features of the higher variants and decide to go with their upgrade kit. "Lock" the customer in before he goes to the competition even if it means selling a lower trim.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 12th November 2012 at 12:27.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 13:33   #15
BHPian

Visited the showroom today, this is what was found-

The gun is installed at the wrong place that's why it was bulging out.

The gun should have been installed in the empty space that is provided.

Another pic showing the mis-placed gun.

This pic below shows the gun being properly installed in a Alto K10
iron.head is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote