Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st July 2013, 01:54   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My Experience with VW Whitefield, Bangalore (Apple Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
The above complaint is from my office colleague. I had encouraged her to post on FB also, given the pathetic customer care we have at the dealer side. She just got a reply from VW Germany as well as the Indian Customer care.

I'll keep this thread posted on the response from the dealer.
An update about my colleague's Vento repair:

The original quote that Apple Auto had given was about 3.85 lacs for the engine repair. After she raised the issue with VW and followed pretty much every few days, VW sent an engineer to look at the damage. When he saw it, he brought down the quote to 1.5 lacs! And now finally, when the car is getting repaired, the cost is coming out to less than a lac, with VW agreeing to pay half of it! It looked as though Apple auto was out to install a new engine instead of repairing the existing one. And probably sell off the old engine to some other unsuspecting customer!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 17:42   #17
BHPian

Nilesh

youve gotten me worried now. all of a sudden my check engine light has come on. went to the Apple guys and they've asked me to come back on monday.... without even checking as to whether its safe to drive the car back home and then to the workshop on monday in the first place. also my mileage has really tanked out. I get a mind frying 8 in city and 10 on the highway.

Fingers crossed for the appointment on monday!
joey645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 15:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I spoke a little early on this service center . This time my visit was to fix a dented running board. As usual i had to wait for one hour for SA to be assigned. Then come the joke that the work will cost 25K and it will take 12days to get the car back. The dent was very much similar to BHPian souravc's Vento as explained in this thread. Mine was even milder.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...mpleted-8.html
But the adviser and his manager insisted on running board replacement and was not even willing to make a try. Frustrated for wasting 2 hour, I drove straight to Sai colorium and got a quote of 1.8K for the same job. So never ever approach these kind of disinterested SCs for minor body works.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 16:45   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like I spoke a little early on this service center . This time my visit was to fix a dented running board. As usual i had to wait for one hour for SA to be assigned. Then come the joke that the work will cost 25K and it will take 12days to get the car back. The dent was very much similar to BHPian souravc's Vento as explained in this thread. Mine was even milder..
My Jetta running board was repaired during my ordeal with VW Downtown!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 11:30   #20
BHPian

I took the car to Apple Auto on ORR for what I’d hoped would be a quick fix. I was truly disappointed with the service. Without even bothering to check whether the malfunction light was a serious issue or not, they simply waved me off and asked me to return two days later for an appointment on Monday the 15th.

Cometh Monday, I reached at my appointed 10am.

11:15 am, my service advisor was allocated.

11:45 am, my service advisor found the time to get started on the job card.

1:15 pm, they finally took the car in and hooked it up to Vag-com.

1:17 pm, the vag com spits out an error code. Exhaust recirculation unit cable circuit malfunctioning (I was there to first hand see how the system works)

1.30 pm, service advisor says wiring has been chewed on by rats. Not covered by warranty. They will fix it and return it at 4pm. Right. (And apparently, according to other people I met in the waiting area, any wiring issue is blamed on rodents. They showed me a chewed on wire at the time of billing which Im sure is something they keep in stock to loot unsuspecting customers)

4 pm: I arrive. Car not ready.

4.30 pm: Car still not ready, but bill is ready. Rs. 960 for replacing 2 wires!! The breakup is : 400 for labour, 300 for the wires, 260 in taxes and a mysterious component called “Others”

5.00 pm: Bill paid long ago. Twiddling my thumbs in the waiting area. Was served what has to be among the best coffees I’ve ever tasted outside of coffee shops!

5.30 pm: Still not ready. They are doing a free touch up painting of all the little scratches and chips. Awww. +10 points to them.

6.00 pm. Vehicle ready. I high tail it home.

7:30 pm: Reach home. Paint touch up has come off as it was raining on the way back.

All in all, an unbelievably meh experience.

Last edited by joey645 : 19th July 2013 at 11:32.
joey645 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 11:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think the service experience is steadily going downhill like other VW workshops. You should never go to these SCs for body work or touch ups. Link to my experience in Sai Colorium.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...olorium-9.html (Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium)
For minor touch ups get a can of paint from
http://www.com-paint.com/
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 11:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I think the service experience is steadily going downhill like other VW workshops. You should never go to these SCs for body work or touch ups. Link to my experience in Sai Colorium.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...olorium-9.html (Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium)

I didn't go to them for the paint job. They offered to do it free of charge as an apology for keeping me waiting. And of course, who here can resist a freebie? Little did I know that it would come off and cause little bubbles in the surrounding areas which didn't have any problems to begin with.

And unfortunately, Aerodaids doesn't have the Shadow Blue color in their product list. I checked em out a while ago along with a few other brands but havent got a fix on the shadow blue color yet.
joey645 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 12:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
A little OT:
@poloman, VW shadow blue is extremely difficult to get in touch up cans. Once I ordered one from UK and it turned out to be an old version. The new mixin for VW shadow blue is quite different. it is a pearlescent paint. It's the same reason I have been dilly dallying getting scratches fixed from Sai, although they assured me that there would be no difference. Might have to take a leap of faith I guess and get it done on an inconspicuous panel.

I think Joey would have the same concern.

Edit: just as I thought. The colour is difficult to get.

Last edited by nileshch : 19th July 2013 at 12:05.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 12:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
A little OT:
@poloman, VW shadow blue is extremely difficult to get in touch up cans. Once I ordered one from UK and it turned out to be an old version. The new mixin for VW shadow blue is quite different. it is a pearlescent paint. It's the same reason I have been dilly dallying getting scratches fixed from Sai, although they assured me that there would be no difference. Might have to take a leap of faith I guess and get it done on an inconspicuous panel.

I think Joey would have the same concern.

Edit: just as I thought. The colour is difficult to get.
Nileshch, us shadow blue owners have the best and worst deal in one go huh? We get the best color and the worst options when it comes to dealing with maintaining the damn color!

Btw, are you in Bangalore? We should meet and compare notes!
Old 19th July 2013, 12:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post

Nileshch, us shadow blue owners have the best and worst deal in one go huh? We get the best color and the worst options when it comes to dealing with maintaining the damn color!

Btw, are you in Bangalore? We should meet and compare notes!
Absolutely!! The best color and the worst options! Yes I am in Bangalore. Will continue on PM.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 00:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Apple Auto (VW Whitefield).

The Dealership that almost, almost won me over.

As for the other two, if you value your time, money and patience, you’d avoid VW on Hosur Road (Elite Motors/ Downtown) like the plague. Those guys are crooks. When you try to pawn a comfortline with some added accessories, at a highline price, to a customer who’s asked for a highline, and then inform him one week later that the prices have changed, discounts are cancelled and that it's an accessorized CL, you’re either thinking that you’re very smart or that I’m someone who’s not looking to buy a car but is actually seeking to be voluntarily lobotomized.
Whoa! you've got me worried, mate. I am currently negotiating the Highline TDi price with them. Anything I got to look for? Maybe I should scrutinize the Highline vs. Comfortline specs before I agree. Damn! can none of these guys ever run a honest business? Their (Elite VW) TD car was horribly maintained. Hopefully, that's not my clue to run from them.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

Whoa! you've got me worried, mate. I am currently negotiating the Highline TDi price with them. Anything I got to look for? Maybe I should scrutinize the Highline vs. Comfortline specs before I agree. Damn! can none of these guys ever run a honest business? Their (Elite VW) TD car was horribly maintained. Hopefully, that's not my clue to run from them.

Elite is notorious for all the wrong reasons. Id avoid them if I was you. you should look at VW palace cross or Apple. As long as ur getting discounts or freebies worth 10-12% of the price u can take it from either. Right now its a total buyers market so u should make that count.
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Cost break up for third service
Only Major heads are mentioned
Labor charges 2516
Inspection service 404
Brake pad relacement ~500
Washing and cleaning 450
Parts 8256
Oil 2909
Brake pads 2686
Sticker weights for wheel balancing 691
Dust filter 570
Oil filter 325

Total 10774

I saw a good will contribution amount of Rs 716 in the bill. They told something vague like they have waived of VAS charges. But could not find any ECU updates in the bill.
Regarding your query on brake pads,I have not seen a fresh piece. So not in a position to comment on how badly they are worn out. Hope the picture below can help.I think they were good enough for few thousand more kms.
Finally got my car's due 3rd service. I went to the VW palace cross service center at Rajaji Nagar on Saturday.
Total cost of servicing ~12000 INR.
Replaced the brake pads, spark plugs and wiper blades. I was suggested to replace the disc brakes but i felt they would still work for a couple of thousand more kilometers, so denied the replacement of them.

I must say the quality of the work done at this service center was good. The only problem I faced is the promptness in the delivery of the car after servicing. It was delayed by more than 2 hours.
The service center is not that crowded as compared to VW downtown so the attention given by the SM was good. Overall it was a good experience with them .
AMG_ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 19:39   #29

Smile Re: My Experience with VW Whitefield, Bangalore (Apple Auto)

I've booked a VW Vento TDI Highline today from VW Whitefield (Apple Auto). I must say that the experience so far has been better than some other car showrooms (Honda, Maruti, Ford). The salesman followed up with me for the TD very promptly and showed a lot of interest in selling the car to me. I have not visited the showroom so far, as both TD and booking were done at my residence.

While I have done a lot of reading on the cars, I did not do enough research on the respective VW dealers in Bangalore. Reading all the previous posts in this thread, seems like I may not have made a big mistake, as AA seem to be one of the better ones in Bangalore. Should I proceed with taking delivery of the car ( still considering the Linea MJD), my next prayer would be around the service.
dawg55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I
service advisor says wiring has been chewed on by rats.
Similar experience for my friends polo, however the rats chewing case may be true for him (Car did not start at first, check engine light was ON after he was able to start). They first said cable will have to be changed, quoted ~4K and 5 days for the work. Then they call and say sensors also gone kaput that also has to be changed. Will update the final bill and replacements once I check with him.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote