Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 16:38   #1
Unhappy Wierd Experience at Petrol filling station

Yesterday,I had gone to do a tank full for my car.
I went to the HP petrol pump Opp. agricultural college(Pune) which was recommended by our fellow BHP-ians as a good one.
I asked him to do a tank full.He filled about 26 litres and the auto-shut off stopped the supply of fuel.Then,I asked him to fill it till the brim,he started doing that slowly and to my amazement he went upto 30 litres - 4 litres more even after auto-shut off !! ,is it possible that so much fuel can still be filled after auto-shut off?He said there's still some gap left and asked me to insert my finger into the petrol tank to show me that its still not up to the brim.I asked him to stop as I was surprised as to how the auto-shut off went off so early.Feeling something fishy,I asked him to take the nozzle out and press the petrol filling knob(I said I would pay him whetevr falls)...but it appeared working fine...the reading was progressing correctly and petrol was flowing perfectly!

Last time,when I had went to a different pump and asked him also to fill it upto the brim then ,he filled only around 1.5 litres more and said that it was upto the brim...! strange !! this confused me !

Now,my queries...

The fuel tank capacity which is mentioned in the manual - Is it up to the brim or how ? How is the volume calculated? I guess its upto the tank Cap ?

Henceforth,I have decided that I will fill till auto-shutoff in order to effectively calculate the mileage !

Let me know yr views.....

Last edited by nitinhegde : 18th May 2006 at 16:49.
Old 18th May 2006, 16:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

take a look at this thread. (fuel tank 42lt.- fuel in-44lt.)

It discussed the same thing. Please continue the conversation there.

Thread locked.
Closed Thread