Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th June 2013, 16:14   #1
Team-BHP Support
Thumbs down Padam Renault Ludhiana - Taking us for a ride!!

My dad decided that we should upgrade our sedan (Indigo) to a duster for bad road use, as some of the roads are very bad, and every now or then, something or the other would scrape. Not wanting too big a car, the Duster and Ecosport were to contenders.
Ecosport was out due to lack of space. So Duster it was.

Around first week of April, the booking was done, and before 10th April, the dealer had generated a booking ID for the model of choice : Top END 85 BHP Duster in silver.

The Salesman was very eager, and let us know that this model waiting is the least, and within 1.5 months the car would be in our hands. He claimed that some people can even get this within one month if there is not too much backlog.

Based on this, the old indigo was sold by mid May, as we had other car available. By End may we expected a call from the dealer, but none came.

Around the last week of may so the salesman was contacted, and the response was 20th June!

So now 1.5 months had become 2 months and 10 days.
At this time I asked my dad whether the booking should be cancelled, as other dealers were ready to give this variant within 2 weeks.
But due to complication of temp plates from other state etc., we decided to wait out.
20th June came, and then we called the dealer again. The response was totally noncomittal. After pressing, he says that he has a black 85bhp in stock, we should take that. We wanted a silver, not a black!!
It will take a few more days, and no commitment is given.
After 10 days from now, it will be 3 months since we booked a duster model which usually comes within 1 month.

There is absolutely no commitment and accountability from the dealer, and mails to Renault have gone unanswered.
Hopefully, with ecosport encouraging a spate of cancellations, the Renault dealers may wake up, or maybe not!

Last edited by Eddy : 27th June 2013 at 16:19.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 16:50   #2
Default Re: Padam Renault Ludhiana - Taking us for a ride!!

These guys have never been too co-operative. Even at the time of launch of Duster, they were more interested to sabotage other products than sell their Duster.

and the even worse bit is the fact that Padam Motors has a near monopoly over the Punjab region(like most brands in Punjab).

I'd say to make some progress, you go to the dealership personally and give him a piece of your mind, that there are many other cars available on the market and that you are ready to walk away.

P.S. It's really bad to see Renault not even attempting to respond to the mails.
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 16:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Renault dealers might claim that every booking is tracked and allotted by Renault, but it isn't so. I have personally seen cars being allotted at dealership level and i can point out specific cars being allotted out of turn.

I had booked lower Variant of Duster for my cousin, i was promised the car within 3 months, but even after 4 months the car was nowhere to be seen. The dealer had no clue when the car would arrive, Renault customer care was of no help. After seeking explanation from the manager at Renault Gurgaon and making some noise they gave us ready delivery. Only reason i took delivery of the car for my cousin was because the car was coming at the older price.

Other Instance- My friend booked the Duster few days after cousin, soon after booking Renault increased the prices by 40k. So the car which already looked overpriced to my friend was no longer worth the asking price, so even having booked the car in advance and waiting for months the car was given at newer price, and allotment was not offered to him while others were being given ready delivery. Finally he ditched the Duster plan, stretched his budget and bought himself a Rexton. The dealer not only earned interest on his booking amount, but also deducted a big sum as cancellation fees and took months to give the money back.

Now that i had already taken delivery for my cousin, the manager treats me like a preferred customer. Last month another friend inquired about a Duster, he was given a month long waiting period, and for the same car i walked into the dealership they offered me ready delivery.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 01:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Spoke to the dealer again. Now he says, the next lot which comes, its ours. Next lot means 3-4 days more. If it happens it means 3 months for a car which was supposed to come within 1.5 months.
Thats Renault for you.I guess ecosport will set their heads right!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 08:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

So did you finally got the delivery of your car or are they still playing hide and seek with you?
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 09:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats pathetic. Its like the dealers know that they can get away with anything vis-a-vis the customers here. How is the ASS part? What is the feedback from the owners?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote