Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st June 2006, 09:03   #1
Team-BHP Support
Exclamation My experience during Swift booking/delivery

Allow me to share with you my experience at RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur when I booked my Swift there (due to corporate discount). Pl conjecture freely - it will be appreciated.

At the time of 1st test drive, I told the sales rep there that I was very particular abt the roof-end spoiler (http://www.marutiswift.com/html/Accessories.asp?ACAMCODE=STX)
and sensitive remote locking (the type that goes off is someone even touches the car when its armed - since I planned to fit expensive alloys and tyres). I was answerd in the affirmative then.

At the time of booking, I was told that RNS had run out of stock of the rear-end spoiler and since it was a Suzuki Genuine Accessory (not MGA), it would take atleast 4 months to come! I told him in no uncertain terms that that timeframe was unacceptable in today's world and its his problem to get it from anywhere and ensure its fitted on my Swift. I sent a direct email to Maruti that day abt this.

Come delivery day and it was still not available. RNS also said during delivery day that the remote central locking (Nippon) was slated to arrive the next morning (Saturday). I anyway took the car back on Monday to get my number plates and the remaining accessories fitted. I was then told earnestly that even the remote locking was out of stock! And that they've stopped temporarily accepting remote locking as an accessory with further Swift bookings. I had to settle for a Sony Explode 450S HU and MGA car cover instead for that balance amount.

Anyone with similar experiences of accessory shortages pl post here - we can email this thread directly to all Maruti emails known.

GTO - your help might be required here !
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote