Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 16th July 2006, 19:58   #31
BHPian

Any idea about Manipal Motors for servicing? I stay in Rajajinagar itself but absolutely unhappy about Sundaram Service.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 10:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Service experience at Green Tracks- Javali

Hi Folks,

Gave my Palio for its first service at Green Tracks javali Motors on Hosur Road. Here are my observations:

The size of the facility came as a bit of a surprise to me since I was expecting something much bigger. But the overall premises and the working bay is very neat and tidy.

The service adviser, Mr. Santosh was very courteous and seemed quite knowledgeable about the Palio. I later came to know that he is an ex sundaram guy. The job card was prepared and the car went in for its service at 11 AM. They promised to deliver the car by 2. I told them that I would be waiting there itself. So they speeded up teh job and I had the car at 1 PM sharp.

One really good thing about the place is that u can actually go into the service bay where the car is being worked upon. Or if u choose to sit in the customer lounge, that too has a glass front overlooking the service bay, thereby enabling u to keep a strict vigil on the car.

the car was serviced and given a thorough cleaning inside and out and was gleaming like a showroom car.

On the whole I was very impressed with the facility and their professionalism.

One down side was that they do not have accessories in stock right now. I wanted to get a running board/stone guard filled since the ELX no longer comes with it. But they informed me that they would have to order one from Fiat and would call me when it arrives. Am waiting for their call.

Another thing was that they are not undertaking any major warranty calims. for that one would have to go to the TATA guys.

But if they can maintain their initial levels of servicing and professionalism, I think that they can have a large captive consumer base, since there is a large number of Fiat cars in Bangalore

Cheers

Himanshu
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 21:33   #33

Default That's a successful adventure !

Himanshu, that's a heartening news! The trend is positive. One of my colleagues got his Petra's glasses stuck at around 8 pm. Greentrack was about to close, but attended to his problemfor about 1 hr and fixed it with some help from Javali Motors Hubli. They are quite eager towards better service ...and hope they maintain it in Bangalore...
abut_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 10:34   #34

TVS - Rajaji Nagar has stopped pick/drop services .
Concorde motors on Hosur road which is a Tata shop but also undertake Fiat services - (though they say the service center as Bommanahalli - it is not really there - it is close to Singa Sandra which is near Dakshin HOnda .)
Anyways - I was there for a check up and also for 35,000 KM service . They wil do the service fine - but they dont have any spare parts - I had to change a wheel bearing - So finally had to go to the Rajaji Nagar TVS - hate going there !!! - But got the bearing replaced .
TATA - ( Concorde motors ) said they will call me when the bearing was ready and even after my repeated calls they were not in a position to tell me when it will come - waited for more than 3 weeks !! . TVS is less crowded now - and the old guys Prem and Maitri are still there -
I also heard about a MICO- BOSCH car workshop in Hosur road who would do FIAT service - If anyone has any information on that - please let me know . Can't really go to Rajaji Nagar for everything !
-- Thx Harish - btw - My Petra 1.6 EL has run 35,000 Kms - and still going strong !!
harifire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 10:37   #35

Ops - Sorry I think I posted this message on a different thread initially - anyways - here we go ...

TVS - Rajaji Nagar has stopped pick/drop services .
Concorde motors on Hosur road which is a Tata shop but also undertake Fiat services - (though they say the service center as Bommanahalli - it is not really there - it is close to Singa Sandra which is near Dakshin HOnda .)
Anyways - I was there for a check up and also for 35,000 KM service . They wil do the service fine - but they dont have any spare parts - I had to change a wheel bearing - So finally had to go to the Rajaji Nagar TVS - hate going there !!! - But got the bearing replaced .
TATA - ( Concorde motors ) said they will call me when the bearing was ready and even after my repeated calls they were not in a position to tell me when it will come - waited for more than 3 weeks !! . TVS is less crowded now - and the old guys Prem and Maitri are still there -
I also heard about a MICO- BOSCH car workshop in Hosur road who would do FIAT service - If anyone has any information on that - please let me know . Can't really go to Rajaji Nagar for everything !
-- Thx Harish - btw - My Petra 1.6 EL has run 35,000 Kms - and still going strong !!
Old 2nd August 2006, 15:01   #36
BHPian

Default They could make me diabetic!

After checking BHPian Himanshu Goswami's experience with Javli Motors (Green Tracks) I decided to give a Siena which I just bought to an immediate service treatment. The guys there were very courteous and the "sweet" smiles and treatment almost made me diabetic! (I dont mean this in a negative way!)

So far their work shop is clean and neat, they have a good paint shop as well, and the guys there are courteous. I'm going to pick the car up now and will keep you guys posted on how the service went.

In summary - These guys seem a dedicated lot and prima facie the place looks like a good set up. Watch this space for more.
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2006, 15:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
After checking BHPian Himanshu Goswami's experience with Javli Motors (Green Tracks) I decided to give a Siena which I just bought to an immediate service treatment. The guys there were very courteous and the "sweet" smiles and treatment almost made me diabetic! (I dont mean this in a negative way!)

So far their work shop is clean and neat, they have a good paint shop as well, and the guys there are courteous. I'm going to pick the car up now and will keep you guys posted on how the service went.

In summary - These guys seem a dedicated lot and prima facie the place looks like a good set up. Watch this space for more.

Hey Ravi,

Do keep us posted on ur experiences. i am going to Javali next saturday to have a stone guard fitted on my car.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 10:06   #38
BHPian

Default Fiat service at Javli

These guys have done a neat job except for a couple of things:
There was a rattling (like a box of coins) sound and I was told that was a problem with the brake caliper (i dont know what that is) and that it would be rectified. I picked the car up on wednesday and the sound had disappeared, but last night it seemed to be back with a vengeance! I'm going to call them and see what they (Javli) say.

And they cleaned the inside of my car, however there is some sort of a stuffy misty smell, which I felt should have gone before I picked up the car (i think it needs airing and drying) and will mention this to them as well.

Apart for these things the guys have been good, the car feels taut and is amazing in power delivery and steering. I will wait a couple of days more to give a better verdict.

Also I had left my car cover and tool kit at the workshop, those guys made sure that they dropped it home!

Otherwise the car does feel good and while I'll take a while to get used to it, is fun to drive.

Ravi
Old 4th August 2006, 10:17   #39
BHPian

Default Off topic - New palio interiors (dual trim) look great!

Greentracks/Javli had a couple of Fiat Palio diesels on display, the dual trim (beige seats, beige dash at the bottom and black on the top look great! The car's interiors look refreshing!

Has anyone else had a look at this car?

Ravi
Old 4th August 2006, 10:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Javali motors developing their showroom very well since they had set up their showroom/service centre in bangalore from last couple of months, when I spoke to them they said in 6-7 months Grand punto should be launched, hopefully it will be launched .

As of now Javali motors Fiat service is quiet good, no doubt at all, Since its new set up they are working with atmost care, I wish them all the best and hope they continue to give better service day by day.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 22:10   #41

Default Manipal Motors

Got my Petra D serviced for 1500 km Free service at Manipal Motors. It was a fairly good experience with their treatment (taking Petra ahead of many Indicas in line) was enviable. Took the car in at 9.30 am and the supervisor said he'd call back at 4 pm with the status. He was amazingly prompt in following up.

One doubt he did not clear was about a 'thud' sound that was seaming to come off the exhaust pipe when the car was fully loaded (5 people + about 100 kg luggage in the boot). He mentioned the pipe was hit by a hump sometime and the pipe get twisted. Then he had straightened it with better cushioning. He also mentioned that Petra had inherent problem of a slight sound because the exhaust pipe always hit the shaft attached to the rear wheel, when the rear seats are fully loaded. Is this a known issue? Now the sound is 'almost' nil (or is it the sound impressed in my mind?).

Inputs are appreciated !
Old 31st August 2006, 22:59   #42
BHPian

Has anybody tried Fast Cars in Bangalore for Palios? It seems to be a good non authorised service station previously authorised for Maruti. Was thinking about this place.

Sundaram in Rajajinagar seems to be pathetic but its less than a Km away from my place. Just wanted an opinion from you people whether its still worth trying one more time?

Thanks
Old 1st September 2006, 00:38   #43

Heard Sundaram have stopped servicing Fiat cars and had seen a post by Fiat India in a leading newspaper to this effect. I would recommend Manipal Motors and Concorde, and few others may have had better experience with Green Track too (though Greentrack may not be having all the spare parts)..

Fiat scene seem to be improving, for sure.
Old 4th September 2006, 13:24   #44
BHPian

Sundaram havent stopped servicing. Just gave my car today for basic service. there were only 4 to 5 cars there. will be getting in the evening. lets see how it goes.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:29   #45
BHPian

Default Thanks

Thanks Aeroman for putting up the address and telephone number of Javali Motors on this thread. I just called them and the experience on the phone was very good. They are sending a driver to pick-up my Fiat Adventure for service. I never thought it could be so good with Fiat as well. They will charge Rs 150 but I am fine. I still remember wasting 4 hours to go Concorde Motors service station in the traffic jam to give my car in service. All the information on this thread was very helpful. I will try and put my review once I get my car back from the service. Please check the thread - Service Report - Green Tracks / Javali Motors, Bangalore - for Fiat Palio
akbaree is online now   Reply With Quote